People would say “The world is cruel.” We all come to that point in life where we ask ourselves. What am I doing? Why do I have to suffer from the cruelty of life, people and the world? This is a time where we find no value of in our mere existence, and we try to find answers that seem elusive. On times like this, it is always good to always look on the positive side circumstances and get more strength from our faith because life is a series of tests that will lead and mold you into the best person you will be. Believe that eventually, you will get the success you deserve but you have to be strong enough handle all failures in life – Failure is the secret to success. We have quotes about strength that will definitely help you get up on your feet. If you are having a hard time, this will uplift you. This will give you the courage to persevere wherever you are at. May you find serenity in your struggles.
Inspirational Quotes about Strength
1. “Tough times never last, but tough people do.” —Robert H. Schuller
2. “Sometimes you don’t realize your own strength until you come face to face with your greatest weakness.” —Susan Gale
3. “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’” —Mary Anne Radmacher
4. “Anyone can hide. Facing up to things, working through them, that’s what makes you strong.” —Sarah Dessen
5. “He who believes is strong; he who doubts is weak. Strong convictions precede great actions.” —Louisa May Alcott
6. “We acquire the strength we have overcome.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
7. “Courage isn’t having the strength to go on – it is going on when you don’t have strength.” —Napoléon Bonaparte
8. “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” —Og Mandino
9. “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” —Mahatma Gandhi
10. “The greatest test of courage on the earth is to bear defeat without losing heart.” —R. G. Ingersoll
11. “Concentration is the secret of strength.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
12. “Rudeness is a weak imitation of strength.” —Eric Hoffer
13. “In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.” —Albert Camus
14. “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.” —Louisa May Alcott
15. “Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines.” —Robert Schuller
16. “Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out.” —John Wooden
17. “Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” —Khalil Gibran
18. “You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” —Marcus Aurelius
19. “Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle.” —Napoleon Hill
20. “That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” —Friedrich Nietzsche
21. “There is little that can withstand a man who can conquer himself.” —Louis XIV
22. “Endurance is not just the ability to bear a hard thing, but to turn it into glory.” —William Barclay
23. “Only the weak are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.” —Leo Buscaglia
24. “Nothing is so strong as gentleness, nothing so gentle as real strength.” —Saint Francis de Sales
25. “Anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strength.” —Charles Spurgeon
26. “Where there is no struggle, there is no strength.” —Oprah Winfrey
27. “The soul that is within me no man can degrade.” —Frederick Douglass
28. “There are dark shadows on the earth, but its lights are stronger in the contrast.” —Charles Dickens
29. “When adversity strikes, that’s when you have to be the most calm. Take a step back, stay strong, stay grounded and press on.” —LL Cool J
30. “A truly strong person does not need the approval of others any more than a lion needs the approval of sheep.” —Vernon Howard
Strength Quotes for Women
31. Never apologize for being sensitive or emotional. Let this be a sign that you’ve got a big heart and aren’t afraid to let others see it. Showing your emotions is a sign of strength.
32. Go ahead, tell me that I;m not good enough. Tell me I can’t do it. Because I will show you over and over again that I can.
33. Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you.
34. You have to believe in yourself when no one else does – that makes you a winner right there.
35. The kind of beauty I want most is the hard-to-get kind that comes from within strength, courage and dignity.
36. She is clothed with strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future.
37. She was stronger alone…
38. It is a shame for a woman to grow old without ever seeing the strength and beauty of which her body is capable.
39. She builds others up because she knows what it’s like to be torn down.
40. Strong women wear their pain like they do stilettos. No matter how much it hurts, all you see is the beauty of it.
41. This is the year I will be stronger, braver, kinder, unstoppable and this year, I will be fierce.
42. You’ve always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself.
43. Stay strong, make them wonder how you’re still smiling.
44. May my heart be brave, my mind fierce and my spirit free.
45. A strong woman is one who is able to smile this morning like she wasn’t crying last night.
Strength Quotes for Men
46. A true hero isn’t measured by the size of his strength, but by the strength of his heart.
47. Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack.
48. Life has a way of testing a persons will, either by having nothing happen at all or everything happen at once.
49. I breathe in my courage and exhale my fear.
50. Quotes About Strength – You were given this life because you are strong enough to live it.
51. Quotes About Strength – I find strength in pain.
52. Quotes About Strength – Forget all the reasons why it won’t work and believe the one reason why it will.
53. Quotes About Strength – Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us.
54. Quotes About Strength – You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
55. Quotes About Strength – The world breaks everyone, then some become strong at the broken places.
56. Quotes About Strength – You were never created to live depressed, defeated, guilty, condemned, ashamed or unworthy. You were created to be victorious.
57. Quotes About Strength – Never be ashamed of a scars.
Motivational Strength Quotes
58. Anyone can give up, it’s the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that’s true strength.
59. Quotes About Strength – At the end of the day, all you need is hope and strength. Hope that it will get better and strength to hold on until it does.
60. Quotes About Strength – Don’t pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure difficult times.
61. Quotes About Strength – You never realize how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
62. Quotes About Strength – Still, I rise.
63. Quotes About Strength – Hey little fighter, soon things will be brighter.
64. Quotes About Strength – Take heart, defend your beliefs, be strong, live the gospel faithfully, forge unshakable faith, remain steadfast. It is worth it.
65. Quotes About Strength – You must do the thing you think you cannot do.
66. Quotes About Strength – You are strong to live this life.
67. Quotes About Strength – I am not what happened to me. I am what I choose to become.
68. Quotes About Strength – Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strength.
69. Quotes About Strength – Go as long as you can and then take another step.
70. Quotes About Strength – Being deeply loved gives you strength; loving deeply gives you courage.
71. Quotes About Strength – Hope is the only thing stronger than fear.
72. Quotes About Strength – Storm makes trees deeper roots.
73. Quotes About Strength – When you face difficult times, know the challenges are not sent to destroy you. They are sent to promote, increase and strengthen you.
74. Quotes About Strength – A strong person is not the one who doesn’t cry. A strong person is the one who cries and shed tears for a moment, then gets up and fights again.
Inspirational Bible Quotes about Strength
75. Quotes About Strength – Give God your weakness and he’ll give you his strength.
76. Quotes About Strength – The Lord is my strength and my shield. In him, my heart trusts.
77. Quotes About Strength – I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
78. Quotes About Strength – Christ strengthens me.
79. Quotes About Strength – In Christ alone, my hope is found.
80. Quotes About Strength – After your season of suffering, God in all his grace will restore, confirm, strengthen and establish you.
81.Quotes About Strength – But the Lord stood with me and gave me strength.
82. Quotes About Strength – When you go through deep waters, I will be with you.
Lessons About Finding Strength During Hard Times
No matter how much you try or how wealthy you might be, hard times will hit you one way or another in your lifetime. Instead of giving up and losing hope, it’s better to find your inner strength and overcome the situation instead of wallowing in sorrow. With that said, here are a few lessons to help you find that inner strength and grow on it:
Focus on what you have
It might be easier said than done, but when you’ve lost something or someone, you need to focus on what you have and make the best of it instead of falling into the trap of self-pity. One neat trick is to find at least one positive thought and focus your energy on it. You may at first feel that it’s too little, but once you keep focusing on that said thought, you’ll find it much easier to cope. Sometimes, we can’t help but notice the things that we don’t have. But if you start looking at what others have, you will end up envying. You have to learn to be content because that’s where real abundance comes from.
Struggling is part of life
Like it or not, we all have our struggles. It’s part of life and there’s really not much you can do about it except overcome the hardships. Keep in mind that strong men rise from fire. You can’t mold a sword without it. The same concept applies to strength. In order to overcome something, you need to go through it. Avoiding and surrendering are not an option.
It’s OK to fail
One of the most common reasons people don’t have the strength to take risks is due to their fear of failure. Don’t let that stop you. We all try and fail at least a couple of times before succeeding. If you search for famous people’s success stories, you’ll often find that they had plenty of other ventures before hitting it big. Failure is part of life, and it’s there to teach us to not give up.
Don’t make the problem bigger than it is
It’s not uncommon to focus so much on a single problem that we fail to see the bigger picture. Don’t fall into that trap. Think about all of the positive things in your life and you’ll probably find out that your worries are much smaller than you thought. But there will be times when we get overwhelmed by our problems. It will seem and feel like it’s really beyond you. If that is the case, you need to look at it from different angles. Perspective matters. You have to have a strong mindset.
Final Thoughts About Quotes About Strength
Do you anyone who seems to be losing strength to face the daily challenges of life? Give them pieces of advice and maybe share these thoughtful and motivational quotes about strength. Simple gestures like these are the sweetest and most remembered core memories. If you were inspired by these quotations, check out, inspirational teamwork quotes and inspiring letting go quotes. For more inspirations, you can also read Beautiful Words of Encouragement Quotes with Images, Inspirational Strong Women Quotes, and Deep Meaningful Quotes about Life with Images.
Anna works as a full-time writer and editor and has devoted the last ten years of her career to assisting readers in improving their perspective on life. She is a Cultural Studies graduate and now contributes to Good Morning Quotes by sharing her traveling experiences and social knowledge with our readers. When she is not typing up her next article, Anna enjoys spending time with friends, visiting new places, and supporting a healthy lifestyle.