Hurting quotes will let you realize the agony of being hurt. Each of us may have experienced being heartbroken. Yes, it can happen to anyone at any time. Sometimes it’s better when you are alone since nobody will be able to hurt you. If somebody hurts you then the best thing that you can do is to move on with your life. You can still find your true happiness elsewhere.
Here, we have handpicked some hurting quotes with images that will demonstrate what it really feels like when you are being hurt by someone who is close to your heart. For betrayal quotes with images, and depression quotes you can follow the link.
112 Hurting Someone You Love Quotes with Images
1. “Don’t waste your time on revenge. Those who hurt you will eventually face their own karma.” —Matareva Pearl
2. “Just because somebody is strong enough to handle pain doesn’t mean they deserve it.”
3. “One of the most courageous decision you’ll ever make is to finally let go of what is hurting your heart and soul.”
4. “My biggest mistake is thinking that people care for me as much as I do for them.”
5. “The truth may hurt for a little while but a lie hurts forever.”
6. “You don’t get to choose if you get hurt in this world. But you do have some say in who hurts you.” —John Green
7. “The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected.” —Nicholas Sparks
8. “When a person tells you that you hurt them, you don’t get to decide that you didn’t.” ―Louis C.K.
9. “It hurts to have someone in your heart that you can’t have in your arms.”
10. “If you love large, you’ve got to hurt large.” —Sarah McLachlan
11. “I don’t hate you, I love you. But loving you is killing me. So this is goodbye even if I don’t want it to be.” —Nikita Gill
12. “Because nothing makes me happier and nothing makes me sadder than you.”
13. “The medicine that hurts the most is generally the best healer.” —Scottish Proverb
14. “Being brokenhearted is like having broken ribs. On the outside it looks like nothing’s wrong, but every breath hurts.” —Greg Behrendt
15. “Hurt me with the truth but never comfort me with a lie.”
16. “Spiteful words can hurt your feelings but silence breaks your heart.”
17. “It hurts if someone tells you they don’t want you, but it hurts more if they don’t tell you.”
18. “The worst feeling is feeling unwanted by the person you want the most.”
19. “People will usually hurt you in attempt to heal themselves.”
20. “To heal a wound you must stop scratching it.” —Paulo Coelho
21. “No matter how bad your heart is broken, the world doesn’t stop for your grief.” —Faraaz Kazi
22. “Then his heart, now broken into a thousand pieces, slowly began to turn to ice.” —Morgan Rhodes
23. “You should not have to rip yourself into pieces to keep others whole.”
24. “I don’t understand the reason why you decided to let go of my hands when I need you most.”
25. “After that breakup, I just wanna be a ghost, completely anonymous.” —Before Sunrise
26. “There is a time for departure, even when there’s no certain place to go.” —Tennessee Williams
27. “There is one pain, I often feel, which you will never know. It’s caused by the absence of you.” —Ashleigh Brilliant
28. “When what you hear and what you see don’t match, trust your eyes.” ―Dale Renton
29. “Unrequited love is the infinite curse of a lonely heart.” ―Christina Westover
30. “Looking back, I have this to regret, that too often when I loved, I did not say so.” —Ray Stannard Baker
31. “The most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, and forgetting that you are special too.” —Ernest Hemingway
32. “The deepest wounds aren’t the ones we get from other people hurting us. They are the wounds we give ourselves when we hurt other people.” ―Isobelle Carmody
33. “What do you do when the one person you want comfort from the most is the one who caused your pain?” ―Amanda Grace
34. “So it’s true, when all is said and done, grief is the price we pay for love.” ―E.A. Bucchianeri
35. “The shattering of a heart when being broken is the loudest quiet ever.” ―Carroll Bryant
36. “Do you know the feeling when your heart is so hurt, that you could feel the blood dripping?” ―Lady Gaga
37. “The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keep out the joy.” ―Jim Rohn
38. “You’ll stop hurting when you stop hoping.” ―Guillaume Musso
39. “The worst wounds, the deadliest of them, aren’t the ones people see on the outside. They’re the ones that make us bleed internally.” ―Sherrilyn Kenyon
40. “I have learned now that while those who speak about one’s miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more.” ―C. S. Lewis
41. Hurting Quotes for Her
“Just because we can’t be together doesn’t mean I don’t love you.” ―Cecily von Ziegesar
42. “To make one person the center of your world is bound to end in disaster. There are too many factors outside your control.” ―Alexandra Adornetto
43. Hurting Quotes for Him
“Kinda pointless to fight for what you want when what you want continues to break your heart.” ―Molly McAdams
44. “There are only so many times that you can utter ‘It does not hurt’ before it begins to hurt even more than they hurt.” ―Jonathan Safran Foer
45. “Someone who smiles too much with you can sometime frown too much with you at your back.” ―Michael Bassey Johnson
46. “I am good at walking away. Rejection teaches you how to reject.” ―Jeanette Winterson
47. “One is never wounded by the loved one gives, only by the loved one expects.” ―Marty Rubin
48. “One day you’re going to remember me and how much I loved you…then you’re gonna hate yourself for letting me go.” ―Drake
49. “Nothing else wounds so deeply and irreparably. Nothing else robs us of hope so much as being unloved by one we love.” ―Clive Barker
50. “You did love me,” I whispered. “Just not the same way I loved you.” ―Jess Rothenberg
51. “Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.” –Mark Twain
52. “I’m sorry for blaming you for everything I just couldn’t do, and I’ve hurt myself by hurting you.” ―Christina Aguilera
53. “It hurts to leave a light on for nobody.” ―Graham Foust
54. “It’s a lot easier to be angry at someone than it is to tell them you’re hurt.” ―Tom Gates
55. “Just because one person’s problem is less traumatic than another’s doesn’t mean they’re required to hurt less.” ―J.A. Redmerski
56. “Love is hard to find, hard to keep, and hard to forget.” ―Alysha Speer
57. “Love is the most beautiful of dreams and the worst of nightmares.” ―Aman Jassal
58. “Most things break, including hearts. The lessons of life amount not to wisdom, but to scar tissue and callus.” ―Wallace Stegner
59. “I wonder if I could take back every ‘I love you’ ever said to you, would I do it?” ―Faraaz Kazi
60. “I wanted to punch him and understand him at the same time.” ―Shannon Thompson
61. “I want to drag knives over my skin, just to feel something other than shame, but I’m not even brave enough for that.” ―Paula Hawkins
62. “I still own my heart, which I know because it hurts so much.” ―Emilie Autumn
63. “I did the searching and remembering, she did the disappearing and the forgetting.” ―Ann Brashares
64. “I couldn’t stand here, hanging on, when the very thing I held disappeared more with each passing day.” ―Becca Fitzpatrick
65. “Cuz how do you know you’re alive if you don’t hurt?” ―Patrick Ness
66. “The truth was, he now belonged only to my past, and it was time I begin to accept it, as much as it hurt to do so.” ―Tammara Webber
67. “For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.’” ―John Greenleaf Whittier
68. “Maybe I was destined to forever fall in love with people I couldn’t have.” ―Carol Rifka Brunt
69. Death Hurting Quotes
“Death leaves a heartache no one can heal; love leaves a memory no one can steal.” ―Richard Puz
70. “Are you hurt?” “Absolutely,” I said. “Especially in my everywhere.” ―Patrick Rothfuss
71. I am sorry. I want to apologize for not being caring enough.
Hurting quotes will help you realize that love does not always give you happiness.
72. I am fighting alone and being depressed is an everyday fight.
When the person you love broke your heart, you will feel pain.
73. Hurting Quotes on Relationship
“Words hurt more than anything else can, because they last, sometimes forever.“
When lovers fight, they tend to say bad things to each other.
74. One day you’re going to remember me and how much I loved you…
Relationships can be hard to repair especially when you are hurt so badly.
75. Never ignore the person that truly loves you.
Love is blind. Sometimes we hurt the person who loves us the most.
76. When one door closes, another opens.
With hurting quotes, we will realize that we don’t always love the right person at the right time.
77. Life is like riding a bicycle. In order to maintain balance, you must keep moving.
Sometimes the person we love does not deserve our love at all.
78. Days without you… Without you my days are…
Hurting quotes hurt so much when the person you love loves somebody else.
79. What do you do when the one person you want comfort from the most is the one who caused your pain?
It hurts when people tell you that they don’t love you. However, it hurts more when they will not tell you the truth.
80. My kindness is a sign of strength and not weakness.
Even if you hurt me and made me cry, I still love you.
81. If you left me without a reason, do not come back with an excuse.
When you are hurt and heartbroken, don’t blame yourself. Rather, you should think about the good things that you’ve done.
82. I wish I could go back to the day I met you and just walk away.
I hope someday you’ll know how much you really meant to me.
83. Sometimes, you just have to wonder how many times someone you care about has hurt you.
When you are in love, you should be willing to take the risk of being hurt.
84. My heart never knew loneliness until you went away.
It doesn’t matter who hurt you. What matters is the person who made you smile again.
85. Forget what hurt you but never forget what it taught you.
The truth is, there will always be people who will hurt your feelings.
86. That awkward moment when you think you’re important to someone, and you’re not.
It is better to leave the person who broke your heart to avoid being hurt again.
87. Love is a cycle… When you love, you get hurt…
Sometimes we push people away because we don’t want to be hurt.
88. Just because we can’t be together, doesn’t mean I don’t love you.
It hurts so much when the only person who means a lot to you ignores you.
89. Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love, leaves a memory no one can steal.
It is very painful when the one you love left you. What’s more painful is when you do not know why.
90. Love hurts when it changes us.
Even when the person you love hurts you, you still continue to love him.
91. Love is hard to find, hard to keep, and hard to forget.
Sometimes it’s best to know your place in his heart in order to avoid being hurt by expecting so much.
92. I was born to be real, not to be perfect.
When you truly love a person, you don’t hurt them. Now, I realized that you didn’t love me at all.
93. Do u love me? Please lie and say yes…
The only thing about pain is we have to go through with it.
94. How are you? FINE.
Pain hurts but someday the wound will heal.
95. Love hurts. But sometimes it’s a good hurt.
It hurts so much to know that I did not mean a thing to you when in fact you are everything to me.
96. Sometimes all I can really do is cry… because I’ll never be yours, and you’ll never be mine.
You may have hurt me, cheated on me, left me, and made me cry, but I did not stop loving you.
97. So, it’s true, when all is said and done, grief is the price we pay for love.
If someone hurts you, you can either love them and stay or you can choose to leave them and love yourself.
98. Waiting for you is like waiting for rain in a drought -useless and disappointing.
The person you thought would love you more is the one you never thought would hurt you so much.
99. It’s hurting again.
Sometimes we are hurt more than we deserve because we love more than they deserve.
100. When people hurt you, think of them like sandpaper.
If you love too much, care too much, or expects too much then definitely, you will be in great pain.
101. Stop falling, texting back, and getting your hopes up.
It will truly break your heart when you watch the person you love so much love someone else.
102. I hope you’ll realize how much you’re hurting me someday.
A wounded heart can’t be healed quickly, especially when the hurt comes from the person you love the most.
103. Letting go is hard, but sometimes holding on is harder.
Sometimes we are afraid of getting close to someone because we believe that they will just walk out of our lives.
104. It’s hard to forget someone who gave you so much to remember.
It’s not love that hurts you but being hurt by the person you love.
105. Isn’t it sad when you get hurt so much, that you can finally say “I’m used to it.”
Sometimes you have to choose between him/her and you. If loving them hurts then it’s time that you should walk away.
106. Not all scars show not all wounds heal.
We love the one who hurt us and hurt the one who loves us. Well, that’s life!
107. If you were happy before you met someone, you can be happy when they’re gone.
The person who really loves you doesn’t mean to hurt.
108. My pain is killing me. My obsessive thoughts are hurting me.
It truly hurts when the person you care about the most is the one hurting you.
109. It hurts to let go, but sometimes it hurts more to hold on.
Don’t waste your time getting hurt by them.
110. God determines who walks into your life. It’s up to you to decide…
You can leave someone but at least, give them an explanation.
111. People push you to your limits, but when you finally explode and fight back…
Loving you hurts, that’s why I hate you.
112. In life you don’t get people you WANT, you get those you NEED.
It feels so bad when the only person you thought would never lie to you betrayed you.
Why People Hurt the Ones They Love
It hurts when someone hurts you, but it hurts even more if the hurt comes from someone you love and trust. Why does this happen so often? Why do the ones who you love hurt you? We have gathered a few explanations that might just make sense in most of these cases.
They probably have low empathy levels
Some people have low empathy for others. They have a hard time “walking in someone else’s shoes” and cannot see other people’s perspectives. They’re actually unaware of the hurt they cause other people and don’t know that it’s thoughtless to not follow up. Whether these individuals hurt you knowingly or purely by accident doesn’t matter, they will continue hurting you nevertheless.
They might have low self-esteem
Many times, people who intentionally hurt the ones they love suffer from low self-esteem. Because of their low confidence and the low value that they set on themselves, they also tend to be unaware of how hurtful their actions can be towards others. If you suspect that your loved one doesn’t place a high value on themselves, you can at least demonstrate to them how important they are to you. Don’t assume that they know that.
They might be sociopaths or psychopaths in disguise
As frightening as it might sound, it’s many times true. Psychopaths and sociopaths aren’t as easy to identify as you might think, and even psychologists might need years to diagnose one such person correctly. These types of people target their victims based on how easy they are to manipulate and hurt. If you think this might be the case, talk to a therapist and see what advice they have to give you. Act before it’s too late and before you find yourself in a situation typical of patients with Stockholm syndrome.
When you are really hurt quotes?
A well-placed quote for when you are hurt can REALLY make the difference. Get yourself inspired with some of these quotes that we have prepared for you. They are great examples of hurting quotes that are effective:
“What do you do when the one person you want comfort from the most is the one who caused your pain?” ―Amanda Grace
“The shattering of a heart when being broken is the loudest quiet ever.” ―Carroll Bryant
What do you say to someone who hurts you emotionally?
“The deepest wounds aren’t the ones we get from other people hurting us. They are the wounds we give ourselves when we hurt other people.” ―Isobelle Carmody
“So it’s true when all is said and done, grief is the price we pay for love.” ―E.A. Bucchianeri
Take the higher stand with these hurting quotes that go straight to the point. They are successfully augmenting your position, that you feel betrayed and hurt emotionally by the person that you cared for the most.
How do you express pain quotes?
Feeling pain is a very intimate emotion. It will be most proper to be expressed with quotes that talk about suffering in silence. For that, take inspiration from some of the quotes that we have prepared for you:
“I have learned now that while those who speak about one’s miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more.” ―C. S. Lewis
“One is never wounded by the loved one gives, only by the loved one expects.” ―Marty Rubin
Final Thoughts on Hurt
Our hurting quotes with images can inspire lovers especially when they feel alone and sad. If you hurt the person you love and you want him/her back then you can share these quotes with them. We should avoid hurting somebody. If you have already experienced being hurt then you must have known the feeling of having pain in your heart.