Ever heard of POETS Day? If not, you probably are not living somewhere in Australia or United Kingdom. The abbreviation stands for “Piss Off Early Tomorrow’s Saturday.” Friday, the fifth day of the week, is not a favorite just because it is commonly the last day of work but it is also the best day where a lot of amazing things and events happen. Remember Black Friday Sale where you shop til you drop. How about Good Friday which is the Friday before Easter where we commemorate the crucifixion of Jesus. Maybe you like Casual Fridays at work where you navigate away from your usual formal attire at work and choose to wear something more comfortable. Here we have collected Funny and Happy Friday Quotes.
Funny Friday Quotes
1.“But it’s Friday” is a valid excuse for almost anything today.
2. “Friday is like a superhero that always arrives just in time to stop me from savagely beating one of my coworkers with a keyboard.”
3. “If my boss knew how unproductive I am on Fridays, he wouldn’t want me here either.” —James Johnson
4. “Friday is like a green light. You speed up until after work and start to slow down once the light turns yellow.”
5. “Work starts on Monday. Life begins on Friday.”
6. “Dear week, I am so over you. I am leaving you for your best friend – weekend.”
7. “It’s Friday morning mankind! Good vibe, don’t frown and let the monster see you smile!” —Napz Cherub Pellazo
8. “‘I’m so sad it’s Friday. I wish it was Monday already,’ said no one in history, ever.”
9. “Hi Friday, I’ve been looking for you since Monday.”
10. “Employers are at their happiest on Mondays. Employees are at their happiest on Fridays.” —Mokokoma Mokhonoana
11. “Friday sees more smiles than any other day of the workweek!”—Kate Summers
12. “Better days are coming. They are called: Saturday and Sunday.”
13. “On Friday, I prefer my expresso in a martini.”
14. “I haven’t been so excited about Friday since last Friday.”
15. “It’s Friday! Time to go make stories for Monday.”
16. “I am instantly 70% nicer after 3 pm on Friday.”
17. “Friday afternoon feels like heaven.” —El Fuego
18. “May today be the Fridayest Friday that ever Friday.”
19. “Every Friday, I like to high five myself for getting through another week on little more than caffeine, willpower, and inappropriate humor.” —Nanea Hoffman
20. “Who cares about Thursday’s happy hour when Friday is upon us?”
21. “Friday. The golden child of the weekdays. The superhero of the workweek. The welcome wagon to the weekend.”
22. “I believe that it is a mandatory law of the universe that on Fridays, you have to do something a little fun.” —Hanna Rhoades
23. “You deserve a round of applause cause you make it to Friday alive.”
24. “Thursday doesn’t even count as a day; it’s just the thing that’s blocking Friday.”
25. “Friday the 13th is still better than Monday the whatever.”
26. “When you leave work on Friday, leave work.”
27. “Any decent man would know better than scheduling meetings for Friday afternoon.”
28. “Happy Friday! Here’s to all of us who made it through another week of faking adulthood.” —Nanea Hoffman
29. “Make each day of the week like Friday, and your life will take on new enthusiasm.” —Byron Pulsifer
30. “It’s Friday night. Time to be a hero and rescue some wine trapped in a bottle.”
31. “I don’t work on Fridays. I make appearances.”
32. “Oh! It’s Friday again. Share the love that was missing during the week in a worthy moment of peace and bliss.” —S. O’ Sade
33. “Hands up if you’re ready to do something you’ll regret this weekend. Go forth! You have my blessing.” —Florence Welch
34. “Making food is a wonderful way to spend a Friday night.” —Chrissy Teigen
35. “Fridays are the hardest in some ways: you’re so close to freedom.” —Lauren Oliver
36. “This Friday, finish your work and be done. Look forward to the weekend and have some fun!” —Kate Summers
37. “Make a Friday a day to celebrate work well done that you can be proud of knowing that you just didn’t put in time to the next paycheck.” —Byron Pulsifer
38. “Rise up and attack the day with enthusiasm.”
39. “It’s time to embrace the crazy beautiful mess that you are because it’s almost the weekend.”
40. “You’re only given a little spark of madness. You mustn’t lose it.” —Robin Williams
41. “Music always sounds better on Friday.” —Lou Brutus
42. “By working faithfully eight hours a day you may eventually get to be boss and work twelve hours a day.” —Robert Frost
43. “Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.” —Soren Kierkegaard
44. “It’s finally Friday, I’m free again. I got my motor running for a wild weekend.” —George Jones
45. “A wild and crazy weekend involves sitting on the front porch, smoking a cigar, reading a book.” —Robert M. Gates
46. “The weekends are too short for sleep!” —Bryant A. Loney
47. “It’s the weekend. Do something that your future self will thank you for.”
48. “It’s always difficult to keep Fridays confined within themselves, they tend to spill over.” ―Parag Tipnis
49. “If you must have motivation, think of your paycheck on Friday.” ―Noel Coward
50. “It’s bad luck to begin work on Fridays.” ―Southern Mothers
51. “Everybody’s working for the weekend.” —Loverboy
52. “Every day is a gift. But some days are packaged better.” —Sanhita Baruah
53. “Change your life today. Don’t gamble on the future, act now, without delay.” —Simone de Beauvoir
54. “Weekends welcome warriors for social fun that starts on Friday.” —David Chiles
55. “There aren’t enough days in the weekend.” —Rod Schmidt
56. “The weekend is here and you deserve a medal for getting through this week.” —Anthony T. Hincks
57. “Happy Friday. Any plan of being a productive member of society is officially thrown out the window.”
58. “Be in love with every minute of your life – live every day like it’s your last.”
59. “Happy Friday. A brand new day. A clean slate. The possibilities are endless.”
60. “Every day brings you a chance to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance.” —Oprah Winfrey
61. “People wait all week for Friday, all year for summer, all life for happiness.” —Raimonda B.
62. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” —Nelson Mandela
63. “The best career choice is one in which you hate to see Friday come because you love your work.” —Catherine Pulsifer
64. “I challenge you to let every day be a Friday. Give yourself permission to be happy every day.” —Joel Osteen
65. “I am always happy to meet my friend, and my friend is my weekend.” —Debasish Mridha
66. “The famous “F” word we thank God for every week: Friday!”
67. “If you’ve got some news that you don’t want to get noticed, put it out Friday afternoon.” —David Gergen
68. “How do you know it’s Friday? Look at everyone around you counting down the seconds until the weekend starts.”
69. “Man was made at the end of the week’s work when God was tired.” —Mark Twain
70. “Youth is like a long weekend on Friday night. Middle age is like a long weekend on Monday afternoon.” —Richard Nelson Bolles
71. “Life must be terrible for working people, considering they spend every Friday night celebrating a two-day break from it.” —Robert Black
72. “Pretend like it’s the weekend. We could pretend it all the time.” —Jack Johnson
73. “Be in the habit of getting up bright and early on the weekends. Why waste such precious time in bed?” —Marilyn vos Savant
74. “Weekends are life’s gift to those who hate their jobs.” —Mokokoma Mokhonoana
75. “Can we take a lunch break on Friday and come back the next Friday?”
76. “Friday night is what he lived for, bled for, worked so hard for.” —H.G. Bissinger
77. “Friday is our favorite day of the week because it means the weekend is coming and we slack off, and that always makes us happy!”
78. If it’s the fifth day in a row that you don’t feel like working, it means it’s finally Friday!”
79. “Friday is the beginning of my liver’s work week.”
80. “Nothing messes up your Fridays more than realizing it’s only Thursday.”
81. “It’s Friday! I can’t wait to be ashamed of what I do this weekend.”
82. “I wanna be your Friday night sweet ride. Summertime sunshine barefoot in the moonlight.”
83. “There’s just one legitimate synonym for Friday: Boom Shakalaka.”
84. “Dear Monday. Just hand me Friday and nobody gets hurt.”
85. “If you see me on Friday, you’ll see different material on Saturday night.” —Kathy Griffin
86. “Life is but a moment. Love those moments each one of them.” —Cheryl Whitsett
87. “Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions.” —Dalai Lama
88. “Find ecstasy in life; the mere sense of living is joy enough.” —Emily Dickinson
89. “The best way to pay for a lovely moment is to enjoy it.” —Richard Bach
90. “Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.” —Dr. Seuss
91. “Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is yourer than you.” —Dr. Seuss
92. “Don’t count the days. Make the days count.” —Muhammad Ali
93. “Without Friday, the weekend would be half over already.” —Anthony T. Hincks
94. “Not everything will go the way you want. When this happens, you can pause, take a few deep breaths, and practice listening with your heart.” —Gabi Garcia
95. “Friday is a day to finish your goals for the week. It is a day to celebrate that which you set out to accomplish at the beginning of the week. Well done.” —Byron Pulsifer
96. “Why is Monday so far away from Friday but Friday is so close to Monday?”
97. “When you start to do the things that you truly love, it wouldn’t matter whether it is Monday or Friday; you would be so excited to wake up each morning to work on your passions.” —Edmond Mbiakading
98. “Life is good, especially on a Friday.”
99. “I look forward to Fridays because I know I have spent the week offering encouragement, solace, assistance and good will to everyone I have met through my journey.” —Byron Pulsifer
100. “Don’t wait all week for Friday so you can enjoy life. Find a job you love so you can enjoy every day of the week.” —Catherine Pulsifer
101. “Weekends are a bit like rainbows; they look good from a distance but disappear when you get up close to them.” —John Shirley
102. “We have to make sure the Good Friday Agreement works.” —Gerry Adams
103. “That which has been promised comes to those who look forward to Friday. These are the achievements made possible through perseverance and focus.” —Byron Pulsifer
104. “Your mindset has a direct impact on how you perform in life as well as the quality of the results you get.” —Ian Wallace Harper
105. “The only time you fail is when you fall down and stay down.” —Stephen Richards
106. “Let Friday show you where the smiles are in life.” ―Anthony T. Hincks
107. “Change your way of thinking. Use your energy to accomplish more productive things. The choice is yours and it can be made today!” — Garrett Kingston
108. “Positivity always wins. Always.” —Gary Vaynerchuk
109. “Life is like Friday on a soap opera. It gives you the illusion that everything is going to wrap up, and then the same old shit starts up on Monday.” —Stephen King
110. “Every day may not be good but there’s something good in every day.” —Alice Morse Earle
111. “If you want light to come into your life, you need to stand where it is shining.” —Finley
112. “You know what I want to do? Wake up one weekend and not have to go anywhere and do nothing.” —Derek Jeter
113. “Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” —Marthe Troly-Curtin
114. “Success is a bright sun that obscures and makes ridiculously unimportant all the little shadowy flecks of failure.” —Harold Helfer
115. “Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow.” —Helen Keller
116. “Live life to the fullest and focus on the positive.” —Matt Cameron
117. “Associate with people who are likely to improve you.” —Seneca
118. “Winning doesn’t always mean being first. Winning means you’re doing better than you’ve done before.” —Bonnie Blair
119. “How high you fly is derived from how big you think.” —Robin Sharma
120. “You can, you should, and if you’re brave enough to start, you will.” —Stephen King
Short Friday Quotes
123. Happy Friday.
124. Aloha Friday.
125. Happy Friday.
126. Just breathe.
127. I love Friday.
128. I Friday had a face, I would kiss it.
129. Let’s stay home.
130. Friday, I’m in love.
131. I don’t do casual Fridays.
Funny Friday Quotes
132. It’s Friday and I’m thirsty.
133. Hands up if you love Fridays.
134. Friday! Finally, I made it.
135. I know everyday is a gift but where are the receipts for Mondays? I want to return it for another Friday.
136. Friday is here. Let’s do this.
137. It’s Friday baby.
138. It’s Friday bitches.
139. Relax y’all. It’s Friday.
140. Happy Fri-yay!
141. I love a wild Friday night.
142. I don’t care if Monday’s blue, Tuesday’s gray and Wednesday too. Thursday I don’t care about you. It’s Friday I’m in love with.
Inspirational Friday Quotes
143. Change your thoughts and you change your world.
144. Don’t be afraid to fail; Be afraid not to try.
145. May your Friday sparkle.
146. Friday is my second favorite “F” word.
147. Today is the perfect day to be happy.
148. I haven’t been this excited about Friday since last Friday.
149. Start the day with a smile and end it with a champagne.
150. Make today so awesome that yesterday gets jealous.
151. Make today ridiculously amazing.
152. Today is a multiple cups of coffee kind of day.
153. Oh Friday, let me hug you.
Let’s start the weekend right with a positive Friday quote. Feel free to share these funny and happy Friday Quotes anywhere. Everybody is excited about this day. If you want to read some more quotations, check out Letting Go Quotes, Quotes about Strength, Teamwork Quotes, or Travel Quotes. We also have 61 Happy Weekend Quotes and Sayings with Images that can make your weekend more exciting.
Martha lives in the Bay Area and is a dedicated reader of romance novels. She runs a yoga studio and taught yoga for many years. She always says that yoga fuels her writing. She’s also a vegetarian and advocate for living a healthy life. Martha has been writing for us for a while now, giving readers a glimpse into her lifestyle and work.