Fire is seen as one of the strongest and most powerful elements on earth.
It has the ability to both create and destroy things. Fire also has the ability to bring both joy and despair. We have created a list of fire quotes which are incredibly powerful and motivational. These quotes should inspire you to be a strong person, and should remind you of the important things in life. We hope that you enjoy these quotes and we would love to hear your thoughts on them in the comments section below this article. If you know someone who may enjoy these quotes, then please do be sure to give the article a share with them!
A Bit About Fire Quotes
Fire quotes are great for reminding you of how strong and powerful you really are. These quotes are very inspiring and motivational, and we hope that you enjoy reading these fire quotes today.
What is fire?
Scientifically, fire is a chemical reaction that occurs between some sort of fuel, and the oxygen that exists within the atmosphere. Fire is the release of heat and light that occurs as a result of a chemical reaction. Fire has the ability to destroy things as most things that comes in contact with fire will burn, running whatever that thing is.
Why are fire quotes so great?
Fire quotes are great for helping to empower people and make them realise the passion within their souls. Fire is a very powerful element and fire quotes are great for both motivating and inspiring people to be just as powerful.
Our List of Fire Quotes
Following is our list of fire quotes which should motivate and inspire you today. We hope that you enjoy these quotes and we would love to hear your thoughts on them in the comments section below this article. If you know someone who may enjoy these quotes, then please do be sure to give the article a share with them!
1. “Each of us is born with a box of matches inside us but we can’t strike them all by ourselves” ― Laura Esquivel, Like Water for Chocolate
This is a great metaphorical quote because it is very true. We all have a fire within us, but we cannot ignite that fire ourselves. It is only with the help of others that we can ignite the fire from within us. That fire within us is what keeps us alive, keeps us motivated and keeps us feeling inspired.
2. “I threw myself into that fire, threw myself into it, into him, and let myself burn.” ― Sarah J. Maas, A Court of Thorns and Roses
This quote is a wonderful quote about love. Often, love can feel like an open fire that we just want to jump into. If there is someone in your life that you love, then you will understand the meaning behind this quote. When you love someone, you want to jump right in and be engrossed in them, much like how a fire and flames engross anything it comes in contact with.
3. “Love, like fire, goes out without fuel.” ― Mikhail Lermontov, A Hero of Our Time
Love takes work and passion must exist in order for love to stay alive. Much like how fire needs full in order to burn. Love also needs that passionate fuel in order for the love to stay ignited and alive. If you have ever been in a serious relationship, then you will understand the meaning behind this quote.
4. “Keep a little fire burning; however small, however hidden.” ― Cormac McCarthy, The Road
We must all always keep a fire within us. This is the fire that keeps us alive, keeps us motivated, and keeps us inspired every single day. It doesn’t matter what we go through, or what may come along, we must always keep that little fire burning within us, no matter how small.
5. “There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed.” ― Siddharta Gautama
There is no fire as great as passion. When we feel passionate about something, that fire within us burns at it’s strongest. This can be passion towards a particular person, or even passion towards a particular subject or your career. If we’re passionate, then we have a great fire burning within our souls.
6. “While I was looking the other way your fire went outLeft me with cinders to kick into dustWhat a waste of the wonder you wereIn my living fire I will keep your scorn and mineIn my living fire I will keep your heartache and mineAt the disgrace of a waste of a life” ― Kristin Cashore, Fire
This is a wonderful poem all about the fire within a person. When a fire within a person goes it, it can be a great shame. Poems are a wonderful way of expressing ones emotions. If you feel like someone’s fire has burned out in your life, then perhaps this poem could help them to realise that they need to re-ignite that fire within them.
7. “One afternoon, when I was four years old, my father came home, and he found me in the living room in front of a roaring fire, which made him very angry. Because we didn’t have a fireplace.” ― Victor Borge
This is a great quote for those times when you’re looking for a funny quote about fire. Imagine how angry it would make you to find that the living room was completely on fire, particularly if you don’t even have a fireplace. The fact that there is no fireplace is what makes this quote a funny one.
8. “Everywhere he touches is fire. My whole body is burning up, the two of us becoming twin points of the same bright white flame.” ― Lauren Oliver, Delirium
Fire is an amazing metaphor when it comes to love and relationships. If you’re looking for a word which perfectly describes how it feels to be in love and how it feels to be touched by the one that you love, then fire is the right word you’re looking for. There is really no better metaphor for the feelings associated with love.
9. “I’m playing with fire, with something I don’t understand.” ― L.J. Smith, The Awakening
“Playing with fire” is a great quote that most people will have already heard of. It simply means that someone is doing something dangerous or something which may cause harm to themselves or others down the line, whether that be physically or emotionally. This is a quote that is often used in every day life.
10. “Everyone has the fire, but the champions know when to ignite the spark.” ― Amit Ray, Enlightenment Step by Step
We all have that fire within us, but it is only the true champions of life that know when it is time to ignite that fire. That fire within us drives passion and if we’re truly passionate about something, we will learn when the right time is to ignite our fires within us and come out successful on the other side.
11. “I didn’t want anybody seeing my fire until I burned them with it.” ― Cameron Conaway, Caged: Memoirs of a Cage-Fighting Poet
Keep that fire burning silently within you and then release it when you feel it’s the right time. If you’re passionate about something and you want to achieve something, then you will know when the right time is to release that fire from within yourself. Don’t let people see how bright your flame is until you know you’re ready.
12. “I will never forget your fire. I can’t wait to see what you do.” ― Kiera Cass, Happily Ever After
Everyone has a fire within them, and some people’s fire burns brighter than others. We will all know when someone has a great fire within them as well will be able to see their passion and their drive, which is what that fire within your soul controls.
13. “No erudition, no purity of diction, no width of mental outlook, no flowers of eloquence, no grace of person can atone for lack of fire. Prayer ascends by fire. Flame gives prayer access as well as wings, acceptance as well as energy. There is no incense without fire; no prayer without flame.”
– E.M. Bounds
Fire plays a huge part in many aspects of life but also especially within religion. This quote highlights the importance of fire in prayer and how fire is involved in the prayer and importance of religious activities. Imagine a religion without fire, when fire is everywhere.
14. “If these little sparks of holy fire thus heaped up together do not give life to your prepared and already enkindled spirit, yet they will sometimes help to entertain a thought, to actuate a passion, to employ and hallow a fancy.”
– Jeremy Taylor
Fire plays an important part within our soul. WE must have a fire within us in order to successfully achieved anything that we want out of life. Our spirits must walk in flames so that we have the power to achieve all of our hopes and dreams.
15. “A church can be unified in one of two ways. You can freeze together, as the Church of the Frozen Chosen; or you can melt together with the fire of the Holy Spirit.”
– John Hagee
The holy spirit is very must associated with fire. This is what makes fire such an important element and it definitely plays an important part in all forms of religion. Fire is an incredibly powerful element that has the ability to bring people together as one.
We hope you enjoyed these fire quotes and that they inspired you in some way today.
Did you enjoy this list of fire quotes? Perhaps you have some fire quotes of your own that you think should be on this list? Or maybe you have some stories about fire that you would like to share with us? We would love to hear them! Please leave a comment in the comment section below this article.
If you enjoyed this article or know someone who may benefit from reading it then please be sure to give it a share. You never know who’s life you could change just with a simple share to your favourite social media sites!
Related Article: Ambition Quotes That Can Inspire You To Work Hard