One of the hardest things to do is to let go of something or someone we truly care for that is why there has been tons of songs dedicated to this emotion. There is “The Art of Letting Go” by Mariah Carey, “Let Go” by Avril Lavigne, and “Letting Go” by Sean Kingston. And who can forget the recent song “Let It Go” from the movie Frozen? Whether it is about letting go of someone you love, something you value or anything that you treasure, there is never an easy way to move on. However, there are things that can help you feel better and maybe, in time, you can eventually cope with it. Here, we have collected Inspiring Letting Go Quotes.
Letting Go Quotes
1. “Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward. If you want to fly, you have to give up what weighs you down.” ―Roy T. Bennett
2. “If you truly want to be respected by people you love, you must prove to them that you can survive without them.” ―Michael Bassey Johnson
3. “Sometimes the hardest part isn’t letting go but rather learning to start over.” ―Nicole Sobon
4. “Last night I lost the world, and gained the universe.” ―C. JoyBell C.
5. “Once you realize you deserve a bright future, letting go of your dark past is the best choice you will ever make.” ―Roy T. Bennett
6. “Cry. Forgive. Learn. Move on. Let your tears water the seeds of your future happiness.” ―Steve Maraboli
7. “Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny.” ―Steve Maraboli
8. “Keeping baggage from the past will leave no room for happiness in the future.” —Wayne L. Misner
9. “Sometimes people come into your life just to teach you how to let go.” —Jackson Kiddard
10. “It is tough to let go of someone you can’t live without. But living with someone who can live without you, is much worse.”
11. “Your time is way too valuable to be wasting on people that can’t accept who you are.” ―TurcoisOminek
12. “The day I understood everything, was the day I stopped trying to figure everything out. The day I knew peace was the day I let everything go.” ― C. JoyBell C.
13. “I demolish my bridges behind me…then there is no choice but to move forward.” ―Fridtjof Nansen
14. “The beautiful journey of today can only begin when we learn to let go of yesterday.” ―Steve Maraboli
15. “The most difficult aspect of moving on is accepting that the other person already did.” ― FaraazKazi
16. “Sometimes it takes a heartbreak to shake us awake & help us see we are worth so much more than we’re settling for.” ―Mandy Hale
17. “Letting go does not mean you stop caring. It means you stop trying to force others to.” —Mandy Hale
18. “Forget what hurt you, but never forget what it taught you.” —Shannon L. Alder
19. “Forget what hurt you, but never forget what it taught you.” —Shannon L. Alder
20. “At some point, you gotta let go, and sit still, and allow contentment to come to you.” —Elizabeth Gilbert
21. “Starting today, I need to forget what’s gone, appreciate what still remains and look forward to what’s coming next.”
22. “Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.” —Raymond Lindquist
23. “Change has to come for life to struggle forward.” —Helen Hollick
24. “You’ve got to make a conscious choice every day to shed the old – whatever “the old” means for you.” —Sarah Ban
25. “We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” —Walt Disney
26. “Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end.” —Seneca
27. “In the process of letting go, you will lose many things from the past, but you will find yourself.” —Deepak Chopra
28. “Holding on is believing that there’s only a past; letting go is knowing that there’s a future.” —Daphne Rose Kingma
29. “Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over.” —Guy Finley
30. “When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. When I let go of what I have, I receive what I need.” —Tao Te Ching
Letting Go Quotes for Friends
31. Don’t look back. You’re not going that way.
32. Starting today, I need to forget what’s gone, appreciate what still remains and look forward to what’s coming next.
33. You don’t always need a plan. Sometimes you just need to breathe, trust, let go and see what happens.
34. Inhale the future; Exhale the past.
35. Whatever comes, let it come. What stays, let it stay. Whatever goes, let it go.
36. Don’t live your life in despair, feeling sorry for yourself because of the mistakes you have made. Let the sunshine in by doing the right things now.
37. You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.
38. Accept what is, let go of what was and have faith in what will be.
39. If you want to fly, you must give up what weighs you down. Today is the day.
40. Don’t let anyone ever dull your sparkle.
41. Maybe you have to let go of who you are to become who you will be.
42. Don’t ruin a good today because of a bad yesterday.
43. Actually, I just woke up one day and decided I didn’t want to feel like that anymore or ever again so I changed. Just like that.
44. Let go or be dragged
Letting Go Quotes on Love
45. Sometime you have to just let go and see what happens.
46. In the process of letting go, you will lose many things from the past but your will find yourself.
47. One of the happiest moments in life is when you find the courage to let go of what you cannot change.
48. It hurts to let go butt sometimes it hurts more to hold on.
49. You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one.
50. Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go and then do it.
51. Surrender to what is, let go of what was and have faith in what will be.
52. Sometimes letting things go is an act of far greater power than defending or hanging on.
53. Accept what is, let go of what was and believe in what will be.
54. I love you but I’m letting go.
55. Sometimes what you’re most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.
56. Wait for the person who pursues you. The one who will make an ordinary moment seem magical.
57. You only lose what you cling to.
58. Do not chase people. Work hard and be you. The right people who belong in your life will come find you and stay. Do your thing.
Happy Letting Go Quotes
59. Let it go. I am wind. One with the sky.
60. Let go and let God.
61. Time to let go.
62. Stop worrying about things you can’t control.
63. Peace comes with learning to let go and just be present.
64. There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind.
65. Remember that the beauty of any dream is in never letting it go.
66. Let go of worry, let go of anger, live with your heat and side-step the dangers.
67. Happiness is letting go of what you thing you life is supposed to look like and celebrating it for everything that it is.
68. Close your eyes, clear your heart and let it go.
69. All the art of living lie in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on.
70. Life is a balance of holding on and letting go.
Art of Letting Go Quotes
71. We must be willing to let go of the life that we have planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.
72. It is hard to fly when something is weighing you down.
73. Let the rain wash away all the pain of yesterday.
74. Be not the slave of your own past. Plunge and swim far.
75. The past is like an anchor holding us back. You have to let go of who you were to become who you will be.
76. Letting go of the pain and emotional heartache will set you free from what binds you to your past.
77. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.
78. Let go of the hurt you are carrying around.
79. In the end only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you.
80. Only know you love her when you let her go.
81. When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.
82. Creativity requires the courage to let go of certainty
Let go, move on and say goodbye to your past or your first love. Say hello to the wonderful future waiting for you. Learn to stay strong and learn to forgive, forget and move on. People come and go, we just need to learn who to hold on and who to let go. We hope these inspirational letting go quotes made you happy. If you want to read more inspirational quotations, check out Friday Quotes, Teamwork Quotes, Meaningful Quotes and Travel Quotes. Make someone happy and inspired with these quotes!