Philosophical quotes can change your point of view in life. For instance, have you ever thought about your own death? Take a moment and think about it thoroughly. Imagine yourself laying on a hospital bed with a few more days to live. How would you feel? It can be overwhelming, in fact, it’s very hard to find the perfect word to describe it. Perhaps, the greatest fear of human beings is death. However, the problem is there’s no way that you can ever run away from it. At some point in your life, you will have to face this reality.
Live Life To The Fullest
A lot of people would say, “Why would I waste my time thinking about death? This is a good point. Nevertheless, confronting it now will inspire you to live your life to the fullest while you’re still alive on this planet. When the time comes that you’re already laying on your death bed, your mind will reminisce on your beautiful memories. However, right after these exhilarating memories come your regrets. Now, why in the world would you have disappointments?
This might be a bit distressing, yet going through this process can help you realize many things. What exactly your desires and passions are? How should you utilize your time? What is your main goal in life? Materialistic things will become useless in the end. As much as possible, you should spend more time with your family and friends. Try to help other people as much as you can. And a lot more…
The best thing to do right now would be to accomplish all your desires, in order to avoid any regrets in the end. Think seriously about all the things that you want to do and jot them down. Every day review this list so that you will be on the right track. Today, we’ve rounded up 52 philosophical quotes about life. Enjoy!
52 Philosophical Quotes about Life with Images
Philosophical Quotes About Life
1. Life without experience and sufferings is not life.
Socrates is one of the most excellent and offbeat among the Greek philosophers.
2. I choose to live by choice, not by chance; to make changes, not excuses…
Never stop trying to become a better person.
3. The best things in life are nearest. Breath in your nostrils. light in your eyes…
Keep your life simple, enjoy what you have and never expect too much!
4. We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark…
Plato is one of the world’s well-known philosophers. He became a student of Socrates and likewise the instructor of Aristotle.
5. For this generation, ours, life is nuclear survival, liberty is human rights…
Concentrate on making yourself better rather than thinking that you already are.
6. When you go for a change of life as in a marriage there are going to be some jitters…
Life is not perfect. It has ups and downs. And this is what makes it beautiful!
Philosophical Quotes About Love
7. If you love someone, tell them, because hearts are often broken by words left unspoken.
You can find someone whom you believe can make your world turn around.
8. Love is like the moon, when it does not increase, it decreases.
Love can make you vulnerable.
9. Love makes time pass. Time makes love pass.
Love is similar to the wind, cannot be seen but can be felt.
10. I’m not claiming divinity. I’ve never claimed purity of soul.
Aside from making tremendous iconic songs, John Lennon also inspired a lot of people through his words.
11. Love is a serious mental disease.
The joy of love can only last for a moment but the pain can last a lifetime.
12. I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt…
Sometimes love can make you stupid.
Philosophical Quotes About Time
13. Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.
Marcus Aurelius was one of the good Roman Emperors. He was popular for his Meditations on Stoic philosophy.
14. There once was a time that the assumption was that the origin of life…
In order to succeed, you’ll have to give it one more try.
15. Worthless people live only to eat and drink; people of worth eat and drink only to live.
Your time is only limited so don’t waste it.
16. Among all kinds of killers, time is the ultimate because time kills everything.
There is a time for letting go and a time to pick up the pieces.
17. I don’t have time to hate people who hate me because I’m too busy loving the people…
The simplest things in life are the ones that can give you the most pleasure.
Philosophical Quotes About Death
18. Be of good cheer about death and know this as a truth, that no evil can happen…
Nobody wants to die yet it’s something that we can’t escape.
19. It’s strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death.
If you are fully prepared then you will not fear death.
20. Perhaps they are not stars but rather openings in heaven…
Nothing in life is guaranteed except death.
21. Only the dead have seen the end of war.
Violence and war will likely lead to death.
22. Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, also known as Mahatma meaning ‘Great Soul’, fought for Indian independence against the British rule. He also protects the rights of the Indian poor.
Philosophical Quotes About Happiness
23. If you want the rainbow, you’ve got to put up with the rain.
Happiness is a result of your own actions.
24. Men always forget that human happiness is a disposition of mind…
The most significant thing is to enjoy your life and that’s all that matters.
25. Stop worrying about what you have to lose and start focusing on what you have to gain.
The best way to find true happiness is to risk it all.
26. A man once told Buddha, “I want happiness.”…
Happiness is not about the non-existence of problems but it’s your capability on how to deal with them.
27. Happiness depends upon ourselves.
Happiness depends on your thoughts and not on who you are and what you have.
Philosophical Quotes About Friendship
28. Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it’ll always get you the right ones.
Friends support you not only in times of happiness but most of all in times of trouble.
29. I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.
Love is a powerful force that can convert an enemy into a friend.
30. I would rather walk with a friend in the dark than alone in the light.
Friendship is the most wonderful gift of life.
31. Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity.
When there is true friendship, there is mutual understanding.
32. A woman may very well form a friendship with a man…
A real friend can bring out the best in you.
Philosophical Quotes About Change
33. Growth is painful. Change is painful. But nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere…
If you only look on the past and the present then you’ll probably miss the future.
34. To move the world we must first move…
Change is necessary in order to improve.
35. If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to…
A practical person knows how to adapt himself to the world.
36. The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old…
Change your life now.
37. The one who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.
Any change is always accompanied by flaws.
Philosophical Quotes About Education
38. An education obtained with money is worse than no education at all.
Education can be achieved by listening to almost anything.
39. He who opens a school door closes a prison.
Students must be taught how to think and not what to think.
40. Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.
True education is composed of skills and character.
41. Everyone is a genius.
It does not matter if you are slow, as long as you do not stop.
42. Education is the best friend. An educated person is respected everywhere.
In order to stay young, you have to keep on learning.
Philosophical Quotes About Knowledge
43. Absorb what is useful, discard what is not, add what is uniquely your own.
One of the best sources of knowledge is your experience.
44. To know is to know that you know nothing. That is the meaning of true knowledge.
True knowledge is knowing what you know and what you do not know.
45. True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand…
Your decision will greatly depend on your knowledge.
46. We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
Wisdom is knowing how to use your knowledge.
47. Wisdom begins in wonder.
Knowledge creates power.
48. The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.
To acquire knowledge, you must read and study.
Philosophical Quotes About Nature
49. Philosophy is written in that great book which ever lies before our eyes – I mean the universe.
The rain is refreshing while the sun is delightful.
50. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion…
If you are lonely and afraid then go outside and spend some time with nature and God.
51. Our treasure lies in the beehive of our knowledge…
Nature is very powerful.
52. Art is not merely an imitation of the reality of nature but in truth a metaphysical supplement…
Anything that is in excess is contrary to nature.
Which of these philosophical quotes is your favorite? Remember that expectations can only cause you pain and makes you feel depressed. So don’t bother dwelling on it, instead think what is right. The universe keeps on changing so we have to strive to adapt in. You have your own life and no one can control it except you. We can learn a lot of things from some of the greatest philosophers in history such as Plato, Socrates, Aristotle and others.