We all have fears.
- Every single person on earth has some kind of fear. Fear is a natural response to feeling in danger and it’s something that we’re all born with for survival. Some people fear certain things more than others. This can be for a number of reasons such as childhood upbringing, traumatic experiences or different levels of anxiety. We have created a list of fifteen fear quotes to inspire and motivate you. These quotes have been hand-selected from a number of sources and collections of fear quotes and have been curated into this list for you to enjoy.
A Bit About Fear Quotes
Our list of fear quotes has been curated to inspire and motivate you to conquer your fears in every day life. Many people have fears, some people fear more things than others and some people fear things more than others. Our list of fear quotes is intended to inspire you and motivate you to get over you fears and well as inform you that every single person has fears and you are in no way alone with your fear.
What is fear?
According to oxforddictionaries.com, fear is an unpleasant emotion caused by the threat of danger, pain, or harm. Another definition is that fear is a feeling of anxiety concerning the outcome of something or the safety of someone. Fear is something that we are all born with.
How does fear impact our lives?
Fear can often impact our lives in a negative way as it can hold us back from doing things that we really want to do. For example, a person may really want to visit a city abroad, but a fear of flying prevents them from doing so. This is one of the ways fear can impact us in a negative way. Although fear is important as it is built into part of our personality for survival purposes, it can often get in the way of us achieving things we really want.
What can we glean from fear quotes?
We have created this list of fear quotes to educate you on the reality of fear and so that you can learn that you are not alone with your fears. These quotes should also inspire and motivate you to try to conquer your fears so that you can come out shining on the other side.
Our List of Fear Quotes
Following is our list of fifteen fear quotes to inspire and motivate you to conquer your fears. Please enjoy!
1. You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.’ – Eleanor Roosevelt
We all go through things and everyone manages to conquer fears every day. So next time you’re afraid of something or afraid to do something, think of everything you have achieved so far in your life and use that as motivation to face your fears and achieve your goals.
2. If you want to conquer fear, don’t sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy. – Dale Carnegie
You won’t conquer anything if you just sit at home thinking about it. The only way to conquer your fears is to get up, go out, and do something about them. A small effort towards conquering your fears each day is enough.
3. Don’t let fear or insecurity stop you from trying new things. Believe in yourself. Do what you love. And most importantly, be kind to others, even if you don’t like them. – Stacy London
Fear shouldn’t stop you from trying things that you never have before. If you’ve never tried something, how do you know you’re scared of it? Believe that you can do whatever you want to do and live your life trying new things without fear.
4. I’ve learned that fear limits you and your vision. It serves as blinders to what may be just a few steps down the road for you. The journey is valuable, but believing in your talents, your abilities, and your self-worth can empower you to walk down an even brighter path. Transforming fear into freedom – how great is that?– Soledad O’Brien
Always believe in yourself and never let fear hold you back. Fears can hold you back because you may be afraid to try something you never have before and so that can get in the way of you achieving your dreams.
5. I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.– Nelson Mandela
As humans, every single one of us experiences fears. There is no such thing as a person who fears nothing because we are all born with fear built right in. Everyone is scared of something, but some people can manage to conquer their fears.
6. Fear keeps us focused on the past or worried about the future. If we can acknowledge our fear, we can realize that right now we are okay. Right now, today, we are still alive, and our bodies are working marvelously. Our eyes can still see the beautiful sky. Our ears can still hear the voices of our loved ones.– Thich Nhat Hanh
Focus on the positives in life. You are alive, right now reading this, you are alive. That’s a wonderful thing. Everything that you’ve ever come across up to now, you have survived and you’re still here to tell the tale. Be confident that you can face anything else that comes along in the future.
7. As I get older, the more I stay focused on the acceptance of myself and others, and choose compassion over judgment and curiosity over fear.– Tracee Ellis Ross
We should all always choose curiosity over fear. We all only live once, so we should all stay curious throughout our whole life and try to experience something new every day. New experiences are always a good idea.
8. My motto is: feel the fear and do it anyway. -Tamara Mellon
We all feel fear about various things – it’s inevitable. The key is embracing that fear and doing the thing that scares you anyway. That is what conquering your fears is all about. Just get out there and do that thing that scares you.
9. Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less. – Marie Curie
We are often scared of things we can’t understand. A great way to conquer our fears is to take some time out of our day to learn some facts and statistics about the thing you’re afraid of because you’ll often find that it isn’t actually scary at all.
10. Living with fear stops us taking risks, and if you don’t go out on the branch, you’re never going to get the best fruit. – Sarah Parish
Taking risks is one of the greatest joys in life. We should all aim to take more risks every day. Fear is the only thing that can hold us back from taking risks, so we should all focus on conquering our fears so that we can take more risks in our lives.
11. You just have to get rid of fear and confront the world. Look at yourself in the mirror and say to yourself, ‘I love you and nothing will destroy you and you’re not going to fall.’ – Ricky Martin
Have no fears and you can accomplish anything. All you need to do is believe in yourself and you can do anything. Get rid of your fears and see what you can achieve by pursuing your dreams and goals.
12. Fear is stupid. So are regrets. – Marilyn Monroe
We should all try to let go of fear and regrets because fear will only hold us back and regrets cannot change the outcome of a situation. We should all take some time to think about letting go of our fears and trying new things as well as letting go of any regrets we currently have.
13. The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. – Franklin D. Roosevelt
The only thing that holds us back from achieving our dreams is fear so the only thing we should fear is fear itself. If we can overcome fear, there isn’t anything we can’t do. Fear is the only thing that can stop you from doing something you want to do.
14. There’s no fear when you’re having fun.– Will Thomas
When you’re having fun, you’re having fun. You’ll forget about your worries, your anxiety and your fear if you just spend all of your time having fun. Try planning something fun to do every single day and you’ll feel your feels abolish.
15. Fear doesn’t exist anywhere except in the mind. – Dale Carnegie
This is very true – fear is all in the mind. If we choose to think differently, we can control our fears and change them. All it takes is a little bit of focus to realize that the things we’re afraid of are only scary because we’ve allowed ourselves to think they’re scary.
What is holding you back from conquering your fears?
We are all capable of conquering our fears. It’s all about taking that first step towards choosing to face our fears. Did you enjoy this list of fear quotes? Perhaps you know some other fear quotes that you believe should be featured on this list? We would love to hear your suggestions. Please leave us a comment in the comment section below.
If you enjoyed this article or know someone who may enjoy it then please do give it a share!
Related Article: How to Face Your Fears in a Healthy Way
Martha lives in the Bay Area and is a dedicated reader of romance novels. She runs a yoga studio and taught yoga for many years. She always says that yoga fuels her writing. She’s also a vegetarian and advocate for living a healthy life. Martha has been writing for us for a while now, giving readers a glimpse into her lifestyle and work.
Leave a Reply