Thank you quotes may just be simple words however they can create a great impact. Most of us are using these words frequently in whatever situation. Sometimes we are having difficulty expressing the right words to say thank you in various situations. Here are some thank you quotes that can help you in expressing your gratitude in the proper way.
Being thankful can make us happy and at the same time, we can learn to appreciate the things that we have. Sometimes we feel that we don’t have much, however, we must also realize that there are some people out there who would like to trade places with us. These thank you quotes will be a reminder for us that we have a lot of things that we have to thank for.
Thank You Quotes for Friends
1. “I appreciate your compassion and understanding. If you ever need a friend to listen to, I’ll always be here to return the favor.”
2. “This is a thank you for every hour we have spent together, for every kiss, for every embrace and for every tear shed for one another.”
3. “Friends like you are what make life worthwhile. I can’t wait to see what the years ahead of us bring. I appreciate the times we’ve had thus far.”
4. “There are no words that can express my thanks for you. If words could be hugs I would send you pages.”
5. “Thank you for always being my rainbow after the storm.”
6. If the world had more people like you it would be a better place. You do make a difference.” – Catherine Pulsifer
Top Sayings on How to be Grateful To Your Loved One
7. “Thanks so much for being there on my side and supporting me all through. Without you, my life would have been incomplete.”
8. “Thank you, my love, for always making me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world.”
9. “For the yesterdays and today’s, and the tomorrows I can hardly wait for – Thank you.” —Cecelia Ahern
10. “Thanks for never asking for reasons or explanations when all I wanted was a long hug and a few laughs.”
11. “You have influenced my life in such a positive way words cannot express my appreciation; you are truly an inspiration.” – Catherine Pulsifer
12. “Thank you for always making life easier for me. You are my world. I love you!”
13. “Thank you for making me feel comfortable not only when I need it most, but every day. How lucky I am to be with someone like you.”
14. “From the bottom of my heart, I thank you, and appreciate all you have done. Your generosity has given me new hope!” – Catherine Pulsifer
15. “Thank you for making so many ordinary moments, extraordinary.”
16. “Thank you for always giving me the extra push I need.”
17. “Having you in my life fills me with thanksgiving and gratitude that you are always there. Thank you for your support and belief in me.”
18. “My dear love, I’m so grateful you’re in my life. Thank you for being my best friend, and for being a caring and trustworthy partner!”
19. “You changed my life without even trying, and I don’t think I could ever tell you how much you mean to me. I can’t imagine what things would be like if I hadn’t met you.” – Steve Maraboli
20. “Your guidance and patience no matter what I was doing has helped develop me into the person I am today, thank you!”
21. “Thank you for touching my life in ways you never know. My riches do not lie in material wealth but in having friends like YOU.”
22. “Your friendship is a special gift. Generously given, happily accepted and deeply appreciated!”
23. “For all you do, for who you are, I will be forever grateful you are in my life.”
24. “You could’ve had anyone in the world, but you chose me. Thank you.” – Anthony T. Hincks
25. “When I count my blessings, I count you twice.”
26. “Friends like you make life’s challenging moments more bearable. Thanks for being you.” – Catherine Pulsifer
27. “You are the best because you brought out the best in us. Thank you!”
28. “Every life is a story, thank you for being part of my story.”
29. “I couldn’t find a card that expressed my gratitude the way I wanted. I need a card that gives you a big hug.”
30. “A special thank you from my heart, to a person so special in my life. To a person who means a lot. A special thank you from me to you, for making life feel like new. A very big thank you!”
31. “From young to old, there are two words that carry a person forth in grace and honor; please and thank you.” —Byron Pulsifer
32. “All my lifetime through, I’ll be thanking heaven for a special friend like you.”
33. “Your friendship has touched my life in ways you will never know. I wouldn’t trade material wealth for the friend I have in you!” —Kate Summers
34. “There’s no possible way, I could ever repay. How I wish there were more I could do, but I thank you my friend, my friend to the end.” —Jim Thistle
35. “God sent me a special gift when He had you cross my path. My heart is full of gratitude for the friendship we have.” —Catherine Pulsifer
36. “There are many things which I am thankful in my life, and you are at the top of the list.”
37. “You saw what I didn’t see and you brought out the best in me. Thank you!”
38. “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words but to live by them.” —John F. Kennedy
39. “Thank you for sharing your childhood with me so I could experience all the joys that were missing in mine.” —Ginny Toole
40. “Even though tomorrow will be dark for me, I thank you for trying to bring me to the light.” —K. Weikel
41. “Thank you for helping me understand that there’s nothing wrong in loving darkness, in being quiet. Nothing to lose by being an introvert.” —Nitya Prakash
42. “Express gratitude for the greatness of small things.” —Richie Norton
43. “A sincere attitude of gratitude is a beatitude for secured altitudes. Appreciate what you have been given and you will be promoted higher.” —Israelmore Ayivor
44. “You are part of my story, memory and scenery, thank you.” —Kim Taehyung
45. “Thank you my dear for all the things you do. My heart is sincere when I say I love you.” —Catherine Pulsifer
46. “I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
47. “When you are grateful, fear disappears and abundance appears.” —Anthony Robbins
48. “When eating fruit, remember the one who planted the tree.” —Vietnamese Proverb
49. “The soul that gives thanks can find comfort in everything; the soul that complains can find comfort in nothing.” —Hannah Whitall Smith
50. “Appreciate what you have before it turns into what you had.”
51. “Hem your blessings with thankfulness so they don’t unravel.”
52. “Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.” —Ernest Hemingway
53. “Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” —Marcel Proust
54. “It is not joy that makes us grateful; it is gratitude that makes us joyful.” —David Steinall-Rast
55. “It isn’t what you have in your pocket that makes you thankful, but what you have in your heart.”
56. “Joy is the simplest form of gratitude.” — Karl Barth
57. “Gratitude is the open door to abundance.”
58. “Wear gratitude like a cloak, and it will feed every corner of your life.” —Rumi
59. “Even though we can’t have all we want, we ought to be thankful we don’t get what we deserve.”
60. “If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough.” —Meister Eckhart
61. “The real gift of gratitude is that the more grateful you are, the more present you become.” —Robert Holden
62. “When we focus on our gratitude, the tide of disappointment goes out and the tide of love rushes in.” —Kristin Armstrong
63. “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others.” —Cicero
64. “Appreciation can make a day, even change a life. Your willingness to put it all into words is all that is necessary.” —Margaret Cousins
65. “Change your expectation for appreciation and the world changes instantly.” —Tony Robbins
66. “Be grateful for what you already have while you pursue your goals. If you aren’t grateful for what you already have, what makes you think you would be happy with more.” —Roy T. Bennett
67. “I will forever remain humble because I know I could have less. I will always be grateful because I know I’ve had less.”
68. “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” —Oprah Winfrey
69. “The roots of all goodness lie in the soil of appreciation for goodness.” —Dalai Lama
70. “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” —William Arthur Ward
71. “If we magnified blessings as much as we magnify disappointments, we would all be much happier.” —John Wooden
72. “Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance.” —Eckhart Tolle
73. “If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily.” —Gerald Good
74. “At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.” —Albert Schweitzer
75. “No one who achieves success does so without acknowledging the help of others.” —Alfred North Whitehead
76. “The only people with whom you should try to get even are those who have helped you.” —John E. Southard
77. “One way to love yourself and take charge of your life is through the practice of gratitude. Practicing gratitude increases self-awareness.” —Veronica Smith
78. “Minds are like hearts; they go where they are appreciated.” —Marlene D. LeFever
79. “Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”
80. “Show appreciation for those you care. Let your love be known so they are aware.” —Catherine Pulsifer
81. “Honor a date, celebrate a milestone and wait not a moment longer to make someone, even just one, feel loved and appreciated.”
82. “Appreciation is the highest form of prayer, for it acknowledges the presence of good wherever you shine the light of your thankful thoughts.” —Alan Cohen
83. “I am happy because I’m grateful. I choose to be grateful. That gratitude allows me to be happy.” —Will Arnett
84. “Always have an attitude of gratitude.” —Sterling K. Brown
85. “Gratitude is riches. Complain is poverty.” —Doris Day
86. “No duty is more urgent than giving thanks.” —James Allen
87. “I think gratitude is a big thing. It puts you in a place where you’re humble.” —Andra Day
88. “It’s a funny thing about life, once you begin to take note of the things you are grateful for, you begin to lose sight of the things that you lack.” —Germany Kent
89. “The heart that gives thanks is a happy one, for we cannot feel thankful and unhappy at the same time.” —Douglas Wood
90. “Gratitude is a divine emotion: it fills the heart, but not to bursting; it warms it, but not to fever.” —Charlotte Brontë
Simple thank you messages and sayings
91. For your patience and caring, kind words and sharing, “Thank You”.
92. Thank you for staying by my side even though I tried to push you away.
93. I want to thank you for all the wonderful things that you did for me.
94. Thank you for being the reason I smile.When I am with you, I can smile anytime.
95. Best friend, thank you for standing by my side when times get hard.
96. I may not have everything I want in life but I’m blessed enough to have all that I need! For this, I’m grateful
97. For all your caring, all your caregiving, thank you, thank you.
98. Thank you for staying even if you had every reason to leave.
99. It is not happy people who are thankful, it is thankful people who are happy.
Beautiful Thank You Quotes and Sayings
100. I’m thankful for my struggle because without it I wouldn’t have stumbled across my strength. Day of Thanks, Alex Elle
101. You can’t force people to stay in your life. Staying is a choice, so be thankful for people who choose you
102. I’m thankful for all those difficult people in my life, they have shown me exactly who I do not want to be.
103. When you’re thankful for what you have, you are always rewarded with more.
104. Dear Past, thank you for all the life lessons you have taught me. Dear future, I’m ready now!
105. No matter how good or bad you think life is, wake up each day and be thankful for life. Someone somewhere else is fighting to survive.
106. Be thankful for the bad things in life, for they open your eyes to the good things you weren’t paying attention before.
107. What if you woke up today with only the things that you thanked God for yesterday?
108. If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is “Thank you”, it will be enough. Meister Eckhart
109. Do something today that your future self will thank you for.
The Importance of an Honest “Thank You!”
Gratitude is a selfless act, thus making you good like a good person whenever you’re honestly thanking someone. It’s also a great way to brighten someone’s day, as showing them that they are appreciated can greatly uplift their spirits and thus bring them on a path of happiness, especially after a rough day.
The fact that gratitude slowly becomes contagious is yet another reason why you should consider practicing it more often. For instance, a person you thank today for something as menial as helping you out with groceries will make them feel so appreciated that they might just help you out again for no other reason than to feel the same type of happiness that they felt the first time you have thanked them.
Psychological, Philosophical, and Religious Views on Gratitude
There have been multiple studies regarding gratitude showing that being more grateful can lead to increased levels of well-being. Even modern psychology ties religion to gratitude, as it has come to the conclusion that being thankful for a higher being has a positive impact on one’s morale.
Philosophically speaking, intellectuals have discussed the importance of gratitude for over 2,000 years now. Notable philosophers like Cicero, Adam Smith, and Seneca have practiced and preached the importance of giving thanks and actually meaning it.
In the last few years, several papers describe gratitude from a hybrid psychological-philosophical perspective, as well as from an outright philosophical perspective.
As for the religious perspective, Theravāda Buddhism, Christianity, Islam, and Judaism all encourage their followers to give gratitude whenever possible, especially toward their deity or deities. Whatever religion you’re studying, you’ll soon find out that gratitude is present in so many of the sacred texts and teachings that it can become overwhelming. However, it’s a necessary act for enlightenment and for your personal well-being in the long run.
The Bottom Line
In conclusion, cultivating an attitude of gratitude can have a significant impact on our daily lives. By reading quotes that inspire and motivate us, we can start training our minds to appreciate the present moment and develop a more positive outlook on life.
Expressing gratitude is one of the most effective ways to enhance our sense of well-being and promote positive relationships with others. While there are many ways to demonstrate gratitude, sending thank you messages can be a simple yet powerful way to show appreciation and acknowledge the contributions of those around us. By taking the time to express our gratitude, we not only benefit ourselves but also foster a culture of positivity and kindness in our families and our communities. So, let’s make gratitude a habit and spread joy and appreciation wherever we go.
If you enjoyed this article or know someone who may benefit from reading it then please be sure to give it a share!
Editor’s note: This article has been updated for comprehensiveness.
Anna works as a full-time writer and editor and has devoted the last ten years of her career to assisting readers in improving their perspective on life. She is a Cultural Studies graduate and now contributes to Good Morning Quotes by sharing her traveling experiences and social knowledge with our readers. When she is not typing up her next article, Anna enjoys spending time with friends, visiting new places, and supporting a healthy lifestyle.