Family is extremely important.
A Bit About Cousin Quotes
What is a cousin?
Why are cousins important?
What can we glean from cousin quotes?
Our List Of Twelve Cousin Quotes
Following is our list of twelve cousin quotes for your and your favourite cousins to enjoy.
1. A cousin is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost. — Marion C. Garretty
This quote is great because cousins are usually people you grow up with and get along with when you’re young so you will always share memories together from your childhood. It’s always fun when you meet up with your cousins to reminisce about all the old childhood memories you shared together.
2. Cousins are friends that will love you forever. — Unknown
This is true as your cousins are your best friends that are related to you. Your cousins will always love you no matter what because you are all part of the same family.
3. Cousins by chance, friends by choice. — Unknown
This is a perfect cousin quote because you are cousins by chance – you can’t choose your family. However, you do choose who you’re friends with and so if you’re friends with yur cousins, you are friends by choice.
4. I may not always be there with you, but I will always be there for you. — Unknown
A cousin may not always be there as they are not part of your immediate family but are a part of your extended family. However, they will always be there for you because they are related to you and they love you. A cousin will always be on hand to offer advice and to listen to you when you need someone to talk to.
5. Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the cousins together. - Woodrow Wilson
Cousins are often your best friends – especially in your childhood days. I know personally, one of my cousins in particular, the closest one to my age, was one of my best friends as a child. We used to love when our parents would meet up so that we had a chance to see each other and even now, we still reminisce about all the memories we shared together as kids.
6. Cousin to cousin we'll always be, Special friends from the same family tree. - unknown
This is true – cousins have that special bond of being part of the same family as you. That’s a bond that can’t be broken because your family will always be your family. Family love is a strong love and one that can’t be broken, so your cousins will always love you no matter what because they are a part of your family.
7. Cousins are Sisters you never had. - Reah Glowstorl
Sometimes your cousins can feel even closer to you that your immediate brothers and sisters. And if you don’t have brothers or sisters, your cousins will be exactly like the brothers or sisters you never had. Sometimes you can have such a laugh with your cousins that it does feel like you’re siblings.
8. No matter how you feel about your extended family or family gatherings you will be attending. This is because now the ultimate reason for attending family gatherings is for your children to have the time of their lives with their cousins. Little kids love their cousins. I'm not being cute or exaggerating here. Cousins are like celebrities for little kids. If little kids had a People magazine, cousins would be on the cover. Cousins are the barometers of how fun a family get-together will be. Are the cousins going to be there? Fun! - Jim Gaffigan
This quote touches on what I mentioned earlier – as a child, you would always look forward to your cousins arriving at any family parties or events. Your cousins were usually the people you looked forward to seeing the most because they’re the family member that you had the most fun with.
9. Friends are forever, cousins are for life! - Unknown
Cousins are for life because there will always be that family bond there. It’s a bonus if you continue to stay friends with your cousins into adulthood.
10. Nobody will understand the craziness of your family better than your cousins. – unknown
Family knows family and your cousins will know your family better than anyone as they are a part of it. Often your cousins are a similar age to you, so you can often have similar interests and share similar family memories. The crazy memories are always the most fun to remember.
11. A cousin is a ready-made friend for life. - unknown
Since your cousins are usually a similar age to you, you often get on with them extremely well because they’re just like your best friends only they’re related to you so it’s an even stronger bond. It’s easy to get along with your cousins because you usually know each other from a really young age.
12. Family: a little bit of crazy, a little bit of loud, and a whole lot of love." — Unknown
Every family is a little bit crazy even if they don’t want to admit it and every family has a whole lot of love for one another. Family is so important and family love is an extremely powerful force.
Are your cousins your best friends?
We hope you enjoyed our list of twelve cousin quotes. If you have any cousin stories or know of any other cousin quotes that you think should be on this list, then please do leave us a comment in the section below.
If you enjoyed this article, please do give it a share. We’re sure your cousins would love to read some of these quotes with you.
Related Article: Funny Birthday Quotes For You And Your Friends