Betrayed quotes are perfect for reminding us of someone who has betrayed us.
Have you recently been betrayed by someone that you once trusted? It hurts when you’re betrayed, especially when it’s by someone close to you like a friend or a family member. Betrayal can often lead to the end of friendships which can be a real shame if the betrayal could have easily been avoided. We have compiled this list of betrayed quotes to remind you that betrayal is a real thing and does happen more often than you think.
A Bit About Betrayed Quotes
Our list of fourteen betrayed quotes will act as a reminder of those who have betrayed you and will give you the confidence in knowing that you are not alone. Everyone experiences some form of betrayal at some point in their lives and these quotes will act as a reminder that we all go through similar things and we call survive these terrible experiences.
What is betrayal?
According to dictionary.cambridge.org, betrayal is an act of betraying someone or something. It can also mean the act of not being loyal when other people believe you are being loyal. Some forms of betrayal can include cheating on a partner, telling someone else’s secrets or going behind someone else’s back.
How do you cope with betrayal?
Betrayal can often be one of the most painful human experiences. It takes courage to deal with the emotional pain associated with a betrayal. The best way to move forward from a betrayal is to avoid the person who betrayed you and instead surround yourself positive enlightening people. Spend some time with your friends and family to take your mind off the awful betrayal and fill you time with fun and exciting things to do.
Our List of Fourteen Betrayed Quotes
Following is our list of fourteen betrayed quotes which we have curated as some of the best betrayal quotes we could find. Please enjoy!
1. For there to be betrayal, there would have to have been trust first. – Suzanne Collins
Trust is a wonderful thing and it’s great when we can find people we know well enough to trust. It is only when we really trust someone that betrayal can become an issue. Without trust, there is no betrayal. If you trust someone, you should feel like you can always trust them and be comfortable in knowing that they will never betray you.
2. Everyone suffers at least one bad betrayal in their lifetime. It’s what unites us. The trick is not to let it destroy your trust in others when that happens. Don’t let them take that from you. – Sherrilyn Kenyon
When someone betrays you, it can often ruin your trust in future relationships. However, you should never let one betrayal affect your future relationships. Just because one person has been terrible enough to betray you, that doesn’t mean every single person is going to do the same thing.
3. All trust involves vulnerability and risk, and nothing would count as trust if there were no possibility of betrayal. – Robert C. Solomon
There is always the possibility of betrayal. That is why trusting someone is so important. If someone trusts you with a secret, take it as a huge compliment as it can be hard to build that much trust within a relationship.
4. Trust can take years to build, but only a second to break. – unknown
When someone betrays you, it literally takes no time at all. That one little act of betrayal can ruin a foundation of trust that has taken years to build. Even if you forgive someone for betraying you, it’s likely that you’ll never have full trust in this person ever again.
5. It’s particularly hard to take being stabbed in the back close to home. There’s always a feeling of betrayal when people of your own group oppose you. – Catharine MacKinnon
It can often be extremely shocking when someone close to you betrays you, however there is no excuse for an act of betrayal. Part of this hurt comes from the shock that someone you trusted has violated this bond.
6. Life has taught me that you can’t control someone’s loyalty. No matter how good you are to them, doesn’t mean that they will treat you the same. No matter how much they mean to you, doesn’t mean that they’ll value you the same. Sometimes the people you love the most, turn out to be the people you can trust the least. – unknown
No-one can control what other people do because no-one else has any control over other people’s emotions. This includes betrayal. You can stop someone from breaking your trust. Never blame yourself when someone else betrays you.
7. Betrayal is never easy to handle and there is no right way to accept it. – Christine Feehan
No matter what kind of betrayal you experience, it’s never going to be easy to accept it. Just take small steps each day towards forgetting what has happened and be sure to surround yourself with positive people who will make you feel better about the situation.
8. Nothing hurts more than being disappointed by the single person you thought would never hurt you. – unknown
What a terrible thing when the person you thought you could trust most in the world ends up betraying you. This can be one of life’s most painful experiences and can be extremely hard to recover from. Remember that you should not blame yourself.
9. Try not to stress over the shady people who betrayed you. I know it hurts but the truth is that they were always shady, they are never going to change and you are actually much better off now because at least you know who they really are. – unknown
Never blame yourself for someone else’s actions. Just because you trusted someone and they betrayed you doesn’t make you wrong for having trusted them – it makes them wrong for having betrayed you. Be grateful that you now know who that person really is and that you can never trust them again.
10. Betrayal doesn’t only break your heart but also darkens your soul. You’ll never forget the pain like a fog that forever lingers in the depths of your mind. – unknown
We all experience betrayal at some point in our lives. It can be one of life’s most negative and terrible experiences and can often change you forever. The key is to focus on the positives and don’t let one betrayal take over your life. The best revenge is to move on with your life to more positive people and experiences.
11. I’m not crying because of you; you’re not worth it. I’m crying because my delusion of who you were was shattered by the truth of who you are. – Steve Maraboli
Don’t ever cry over someone who has betrayed you. They don’t deserve your tears. It can be a real shame when you find out what a person is really like, however you should never let them get to you.
12. Sometimes, instead of being hurt, you should look at betrayal as a gift. It makes it that much easier to sweep it up and toss it out with the rest of the trash. And why is that you ask? Because trash starts to stink…and when it does, it has no more value in your life. – Donna Schoenrock
Someone who betrays you does not deserve to be in your life. If someone has betrayed your trust, they do not deserve a second chance. Remove them from your life so that you can move on from the experience and get on with your life.
13. Forgive yourself for the blindness that put you in the path of those who betrayed you. Sometimes a good heart doesn’t see the bad.– unknown
A good heart is one that sees the good in people and entrusts the people close to them. It is not your fault that someone has betrayed you, and you should never blame yourself for your judgment on others. The only person to blame is the person who has performed the act of betrayal.
Did you enjoy this list of betrayed quotes?
We hope this list of betrayed quotes was both informative and enjoyable for you to read. Do you know any other betrayal quotes that should be on this list? We would love to hear them! Please leave us a comment in the comment section below.
If you enjoyed this article or know someone who may benefit from reading it then please be sure to give it a share!
Related Article: How to Face Your Fears in a Healthy Way