You’ll never have a better friend than a sibling.
Do you have a brother or sister you can’t live without? If so, these sibling quotes are for you. There’s nothing more special than sharing life with a built-in friend. Send this to your brothers and sisters and share a laugh or two with them.
A Bit About Sibling Quotes
Sibling quotes are designed bring you closer to your loved ones. It feels good to read statements from others that you can completely relate to. If you have brothers or sisters then this list will speak volumes to you. If you want to take a walk down memory lane or feel closer to your siblings this list is for you. The great thing about these quotes is that they speak to your inner child and make you feel honored to have a sibling.
Why are siblings important?
Siblings are like no other. They are the family members closest to you and seemingly understand you the most. It feels good to have someone to help you with your parents and laugh at the good ol’ days. You don’t have to go look for people to relate to because siblings are already there. They’re one of the greatest gifts in the world.
What can you learn from sibling quotes?
Sibling quotes can help to remind you of how special your brothers and sisters are. You might not like them all the time but your bond should keep you close. Having other people around your age that you share parents with makes you closer than any friendship on Earth; whether you like it or not. We hope that these quotes will bring back good memories for you, and if you’re not in a good place with your siblings at the moment, you work towards a closer bond.
A Heartwarming List Of Sibling Quotes
This list of sibling quotes is relatable and will make you smile and reminisce on good times.
1. “Siblings seem to bring out the best and the worst in one another.” —Suzanne Degges-White
2. “Like sugar and spice, siblings make things extra nice.”
3. “If thy brother wrongs thee, remember not so much his wrong-doing, but more than ever that he is thy brother.” —Epictetus
4. “Brother and sister share a strong bond. When they are together, they can win any battle.”
5. “Siblings are our partners and rivals, our first friends, and our first enemies.” —Erica Goldblatt Hyatt
6. “I can’t promise to solve all your problems, but I can promise you won’t have to face them alone.”
7. “Siblings: children of the same parents, each of whom is perfectly normal until they get together.” —Sam Levenson
8. “They say that no matter how old you become, when you are with your siblings, you revert back to childhood.” —Karen White
9. “Having lots of siblings is like having built-in best friends.” —Kim Kardashian
10. “Siblings are a volume of childhood memories; a nostalgia that cannot be easily deleted.” —Vincent Okay Nwachukwu
11. “Sweet is the voice of a sister in the season of sorrow, and wise is the counsel of those who love us.” —Benjamin Disraeli
12. Through laughter and tears, we will always be there for one another.”
13. “Of course, our sibling relationships don’t end when we leave home. If anything, they become more important, especially as we grow older.” —Linda Blair
14. “Siblings are different flowers from the same garden.”
15. “Our paths may change as life goes along, but the bond between us remains ever strong.”
16. “As different as night and day, yet our blood is the same. Our bond is forever.”
17. “You don’t get to choose your siblings. They are gifts from the heavens, and so are you.”
18. “Our siblings are the only people in the world who know what it’s like to have been brought up the way you were.” —Betsy Cohen
19. “I have siblings. And there are certain things I know that I can push their buttons. And they know they have certain things where they can push mine.” —Catherine Zeta-Jones
20. “Be nice to your siblings, they’re your best link to your past and the most likely to stay with you in the future.” Baz Lurhmann
21. “Not always eye to eye, but always heart to heart.”
22. “Sisters and brothers just happen, we don’t get to choose them, but they become one of our most cherished relationships.” —Wes Adamson
23. “A plenty of relationships are made and broken, but siblings stay forever.”
24. “Parents make siblings of us, but we become friends on our own.”
25. “In the cookies of life, siblings are the chocolate chips.”
26. “Help your brother’s boat across, and your own will reach the shore.” —Hindu Proverb
27. “Like branches on a tree we grow in different directions yet our roots remain as one. Each of our lives will always be a special part of the other.”
28. “Siblings are like streetlights along the road, they don’t make distance any shorter but they light up the path and make the walk worthwhile.”
29. “Half the time when brothers wrestle, it’s just an excuse to hug each other.” —James Patterson
30. “My most beloved friend and my bitterest rival, my confidant and my betrayer, my sustainer and my dependent, and scariest of all, my equal.” —Gregg Levoy
31. “Siblings will take different paths and life may separate them, but they will forever be bonded by having begun their journey in the same boat.”
Siblings are like no friend you’ve ever had. It’s an unbreakable bond that brings two humans together forever and nothing can come between it. Even if there are times when you’re not extremely close with you brothers and sisters, they should always be the people you lean on.
32. “Siblings: a combination of a best friend and a pain in the neck.”
This is one of those sibling quotes that is humorous but it has a lot of truth to it. The truth is, your sibling will annoy you from time to time. But it’s the best pain in the neck you’ll ever experience. You’ve heard people say, ” I can talk bad about my sibling, but you can’t”, and it’s so true. You and your brothers and sisters can call each other names , but if anyone else messes with them, it’s a problem. A love between siblings is like no other.
33. “We didn’t realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun.” — Winnie the Pooh
The thing about growing up with your siblings is that you do things together that brings you closer together without realizing it. When you played certain games and celebrated holidays, all you knew as a kid was that you were enjoying your family. But when you look back on the memories you’ve shared with your siblings, it creates a happiness that’s unexplainable. And that’s what it’s all about. Your brother and sisters were put here to enhance your life and give you a sense of comfort to get through tough times.
34. “The greatest gift our parents ever gave us was each other.”
No one likes to walk through life alone. It’s such a wonderful feeling to have people in your life that share your DNA, your facial features, and interests. Siblings are truly a gift and it’s a blessing to have the opportunity to connect with other humans in a unique way. You might be looking for people to talk to and connect with, but if you have siblings then you already have those people in your life. It’s easy to go on with your life and take your family for granted but they are the best friends you could ever have. Make it a point to continue to stay close with your siblings; you won’t regret it.
35. “Sometimes I wonder how you put up with me. Then I remember, oh I put up with you, so we’re even.”
This quote is funny because siblings are notorious for irritating one another. But it’s safe to say your siblings are the only people who get a pass to annoy you. When you think about all the cat fights and the war over toys you had as youngsters, you realize that you both gave each other a hard time. Especially, if there’s a signficant age difference between the two of you. There’s the annoying little sibling and the other brother or sister that doesn’t want to hang out or play. But once it all boils down, you all become the best of friends.
36. “Because of you, I will always have a friend.”
Siblings are built in friends that you’ll never be able to walk away from. There are some things you can confide into a sibling about that you can’t say to anyone else. Maybe it’s something about your childhood or a current situation, but a sibling should always have a listening ear. The thing about a brother or sister is that no matter what, they’ll want to protect you; and that’s a quality you might not find in a friend. Family bonds tie you closer than friendship.
37. “A brother is a friend God gave you; A friend is a brother your heart chose for you.”
There’s a big difference between a brother that God personally gave you and one that you chose on your own. That’s not to say that you can’t have pals in life that feel like kin, but they can never replace the one’s that were there from the beginning. No matter who you befriend, they won’t measure up to your family. And unlike your family, the people who you choose to have in your life don’t have a tie that binds you to them. You can stop being friends with someone, but you can never stop being a brother or sister…no matter how hard you try.
38. “How do people make it through life without a sister?”
If you have a sister, then you know what it’s like to have someone you can lean on. Sisters provide a warmth of a mother and a listening ear of a friend. If you’re someone who has a built-in best friend. otherwise known as a sister, you know how lucky you are. You should be able to call her and lean on her more than anyone else; and vice versa. A sister’s love goes past anything you could experience with someone else. Be sure to cherish the moments you have with her.
39. “You and I are sisters. Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up as soon as I finish laughing.”
What are siblings for if you can’t laugh at one another? That’s the beauty of having someone in your life that you share a closeness with. Everything doesn’t have to be serious and you can let your hair down with the ones you love. The good thing is, no matter how hard your sister laughs at you, they’ll always have your best interest at heart. The important thing to do is enjoy each others time and cherish the moments together while you have them.
40. “I love you, you were there for me, you protected me, and most of all, you loved me. We’d fight, scream, and argue, but, under it all, is a love. That only exists, in a brother, and a sister.”
Out of all the sibling quotes on this list, this one takes the cake. It perfectly explains the bonds between brothers and sisters . As much as your brothers and sisters annoy you, their love for you knows no bounds. They are pretty much the only people on the planet that you can argue with countless times and never fall out of love with. Make it a point to spend as much time as you can with your siblings and keep making a each other happy.
Do you miss your family after reading these sibling quotes?
Did you enjoy reading these sibling quotes? We hope this list makes you want to call your loved ones and tell them how much you love them. We understand the love the binds siblings together and we never want you to forget how important your relationship is with them.
If you liked reading these sibling quotes share it on your social media and don’t forget to leave us a comment below!
Related Article: 10 Family First Quotes That Are Sweet
Tina Gray is a freelance journalist, theatre enthusiast and aspiring author. She has a passion for telling stories through various mediums and regularly writes for various online publications. Her short stories will soon be published in her first volume. Currently, she resides in the San Fernando Valley and is studying screenwriting.
Leave a Reply