Family is one of the most important things in life. Our families keep us sane and are always there for us in our times of need. They’re the people who are always there to offer a shoulder to cry on during your difficult times, and they’re the people that are always around to celebrate the great times with you. We have created this list of family first quotes to inspire you and remind you just how important family is because your family should be the most important thing in your life.
A Bit About Family First Quotes
Family first quotes are great to remind you just how important your family can be. Your family is one of the most important things, and they should be cherished.
What does family first mean?
Family first means that you always put your family first. Above everything else including your career, possessions, everything. Your family should always come first above everything. This is because your family is the people who are always there for you and who will always love you unconditionally.
Why is it important to put family first?
Your family is usually the people you love the most and they will also love you the most. It’s always important to put your family first because they’re usually the people who care about your the most. They will always look out for you and be there for you and they will always be on hand to offer you the best advice when you need it.
What can we glean from family first quotes?
These family first quotes should help to inspire you to always put your family first and also should remind you of just how important your family is. When it comes to family, there really isn’t anything more important because the loving bond between family members is something that is unbreakable, and these quotes will help to remind you of that.
Our List of Family First Quotes
Following is our list of family first quotes. These quotes have been hand selected by us as some of the best in existence. We have curated this list just for you to enjoy.
1. “Family first no matter what other thinks.”
2. “Home is where you are loved the most and act the worst.” ―Marjorie Pay Hinckley
3. “Family is a life jacket in the stormy sea of life.” —J.K. Rowling
4. “Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family.” —Anthony Brandt
5. “A family is a place where minds come in contact with one another.” —Buddha
6. “Love begins by taking care of the closest ones, the ones at home.”
7. “Families are like branches on a tree, we all grow in different directions, yet our roots remain as one.”
8. “It didn’t matter how big our house was; it mattered that there was love in it.” —Peter Buffett
9. “Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family: Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one.” —Jane Howard
10. “If you are too busy to enjoy quality time with your family, then you need to re-evaluate your priorities.”
11. “Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.” —David Ogden Stiers
12. “Being a family means you are a part of something very wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life.” —Lisa Weed
13. “I don’t think quantity time is as special as quality time with your family.” —Reba McEntire
14. “A happy family is but an earlier heaven.” —George Bernard Shaw
15. “Family and friends are hidden treasures, seek them and enjoy their riches.” —Wanda Hope Carter
16. “The strength of a family, like the strength of an army, lies in its loyalty to each other.” —Mario Puzo
17. “Togetherness is an important ingredient of family life.” —Barbara Bush
18. “Family: an anchor during rough waters.”
19. “In time of test, family is best.” —Burmese Proverb
20. “The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.” —Lee Iacocca
21. “If you want to change the world, go home and love your family.” —Mother Teresa
22. “A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it.” —George A. Moore
23. “You are born into your family and your family is born into you. No returns. No exchanges.” —Elizabeth Berg
24. “A family doesn’t have to perfect; it just needs to be united.”
25. “Family: where life begins and love never ends.”
26. “A man should never neglect his family for business.” —Walt Disney
27. “Your family is the best thing you could ever have.”
28. “The world, we’d discovered, doesn’t love you like your family loves you.” —Louis Zamperini
29. “Family time is not a matter of convenience. It is a matter of priority.”
30. “The family is link to our past, bridge to our future.”
31. You don’t choose your family. They are God’s gift to you, as you are to them. – Desmond Tutu
You cannot choose who your family members are. You are born into a family that has already been formed and then you yourself become a vital part of that family the minute you are born. Every family is different and unique, and your family is your own. You will love your family unconditionally, as they will be with you and you will care for them greatly, always. Your family I God’s gift to you, and you are God’s gift to your family.
32. The most important thing in the world is family and love. – John Wooden
It doesn’t matter who you are or where you come from, the most important things in life are family and love. Your family will always be on hand to offer you that unconditional love, the same as you will always be there to offer them, unconditional love. Family and love both come above everything else including your possessions, your career, and anything else. Family always comes first and the love you feel for them will always be unmatchable.
33. My family is my life, and everything else comes second as far as what’s important to me. – Michael Imperioli
This is the best and most important way to live life. It doesn’t matter what or who comes along, your family will always come first. They should be your number one priority in life. Family is what keeps us alive. They can offer us so much love and support through our tough times. So much so, that we can literally accomplish anything with the help of our families.
34. Family is not an important thing. It’s everything. – Michael J. Fox
Your family should mean the entire world to you. They are not just your family, they are the most important thing in your life. When you think of family, you should think of everything that makes your life complete. Family is what keeps us alive and breathing and unconditional family love are what keeps us sane. Your family should always be number one on your list of priorities. You should always make time to see and spend time with them because family is precious.
35. The memories we make with our family is everything. – Candace Cameron Bure
Memories last a lifetime. Unfortunately, there comes a time in everyone’s life when they have to lose a family member. This is when it’s incredibly important to make as many memories as you can with your family members so that you will always have a great memory of them that you can love and cherish forever. Your family memories are your best memories, and your family members are always the people you love the most.
36. Family is a unique gift that needs to be appreciated and treasured, even when they’re driving you crazy. As much as they make you mad, interrupt you, annoy you, curse at you, try to control you, these are the people who know you the best and who love you. – Jenna Morasca
Everyone gets annoyed at their family members every once in a while, particularly people who have siblings who purposely go out of their way to annoy them. However, it’s important to remember that no matter how mad they make you, you will always love them and they will always love you. That is what unconditional family love is all about. No matter how frustrated you get, you can always forgive them because, at the end of the day, they’re your family and you love them.
37. I believe that the greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you. – Joyce Meyer
Your family love and care about you so much and nothing would make them happier than knowing that you are happy and healthy. The important thing to remember in life is that your health is incredibly important. So make sure you keep good care of yourself. This will not only make you incredibly happy in yourself, but it will also make your family super happy in knowing that you are happy and healthy.
38. The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other’s life. – Richard Bach
The bond between family members is one like no other. It cannot be matched. Although you are connected primarily through blood, the mutual respect and joy that comes with family life is something that cannot be replaced. Family members will love each other unconditionally and will always find joy in knowing that the other people in the family are happy and healthy in their lives.
39. You go through life wondering what is it all about but at the end of the day it’s all about family. – Rod Stewart
We all go through life pondering what it’s all about and what our purpose is. However, it turns out life is all about family. Family is your number one priority and the most important thing to every person on this earth. Without family, we are nothing, because it is our family that keeps us alive and sane. The family members will always be there for you, as you will be for them, through everything life throws at you.
40. My family is everything. I am what I am thanks to my mother, my father, my brother, my sister… because they have given me everything. The education I have is thanks to them. – Ronaldinho
You should always be thankful for your family because they are life’s greatest gift. Oftentimes, we are shaped into ourselves because of what our families have taught us over the years. Our families are what make us who we are. Through family experiences, we can learn the meaning of life and this will oftentimes be the things that turn us into the person we are today. Never hold back from being grateful for your family, as they are the people that have shaped you into the person you are right now.
Final Thoughts on Family First Quotes
Did you enjoy this list of family first quotes? Perhaps you have some family first quotes of your own that you think should be on this list? Or maybe you have some family stories that you would like to share with us? We would love to hear them! Please leave a comment in the comment section below this article.
If you enjoyed this article or know someone who may benefit from reading it then please be sure to give it a share!
Anna works as a full-time writer and editor and has devoted the last ten years of her career to assisting readers in improving their perspective on life. She is a Cultural Studies graduate and now contributes to Good Morning Quotes by sharing her traveling experiences and social knowledge with our readers. When she is not typing up her next article, Anna enjoys spending time with friends, visiting new places, and supporting a healthy lifestyle.
Leave a Reply