Everybody makes mistakes.
It is inevitable. We all make mistakes at some point in our lives. Life is all about making mistakes and then learning from them. This is something that we all do. Don’t allow yourself to be beaten by a mistake. Instead, pick yourself up and learn from it. Always stay motivated. To help you with this, we have created this list of 10 quotes about mistakes that we believe everyone should read. Nobody is perfect, and everyone will make a mistake at some point. That is why this list of quotes about mistakes is great, because it is something that everyone can relate to.
A Bit About Quotes About Mistakes
Quotes about mistakes are perfect for anyone who is feeling down about recently making a mistake. Mistakes are a part of life and something that we all do. Don’t allow one mistake to bring you down completely. Persevere and continue on past your mistakes. Read our list of quotes about mistakes and learn to pick yourself up and move forward from your mistakes. That is what life is all about – making mistakes and growing from them.
What is a mistake?
According to vocabulary.com, a mistake is an error, a goof, a slip-up. When you make a mistake, you’ve done something incorrectly. Mistake has a lot of uses, but they all have to do with doing the wrong thing. A mistake in math class will result in the wrong answer, but a mistake with a gun could get someone killed. If you mix up two people, you’re mistaking one for the other. When you make a mistake, the best thing to do is admit it and try to make up for it; not apologizing for a mistake is another mistake.
How do we learn from mistakes?
We learn from our mistakes by evaluating where we went wrong in a situation and then adapting our approach to that situation accordingly the next time around. It can be easy to make a mistake, but can often be much harder to correct a mistake. It is important to not allow mistakes to defeat us, but to instead grow from them and allow ourselves to find a solution to the problem.
Our List of Quotes About Mistakes
Following is our list of quotes about mistakes. These quotes have been hand selected by us from various sources as some of the best quotes about mistakes that we could find. We hope that you enjoy this list and we would love to here your thoughts on it in the comments section below this article.
1. “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” ―Albert Einstein
2. “Honesty is the fastest way to prevent a mistake from turning into a failure.” —James Altucher
3. “I have learned all kinds of things from my many mistakes. The one thing I never learn is to stop making them.” ―Joe Abercrombie
4. “Admitting to a mistake means refusing to use other people as scape-goats to avoid responsibility but rather courageously owning up to every single one of them.” —T. Whitmore
5. “Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.” —Franklin P. Jones
6. “No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you’re still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.” —Tony Robbins
7. “We are all mistaken sometimes; sometimes we do wrong things, things that have bad consequences. But it does not mean we are evil, or that we cannot be trusted ever afterward.” ―Alison Croggon
8. “Mistakes are to be learned from. What successful people never do is punish themselves by reliving their mistakes over and over again by thinking of them.” —Gwen Stapleton
9. “The only man who makes no mistakes is the man who never does anything. Do not be afraid to make mistakes providing you do not make the same one twice.” —Theodore Roosevelt
10. “The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.” —Henry Ford
11. “Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.” ―Mahatma Gandhi
12. “Each life is made up of mistakes and learning, waiting and growing, practicing patience and being persistent.” —Billy Graham
13. “Mistakes are the stepping stones to wisdom, we learn from trial & error, we become wise by understanding problems.” —Leon Brown
14. “The price of inaction is far greater than the cost of making a mistake.” —Meister Eckhart
15. “It’s not who was right or who was wrong when a mistake was made. It’s about who learned from it.” —Robert Kiyosaki
16. “Don’t mention a person’s past mistakes when they are trying to change. That’s like throwing rocks at them while they are struggling to climb a mountain.”
17. “The successful man will profit from his mistakes and try again in a different way.” —Dale Carnegie
18. “By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” —Confucius
19. “At an early age I learned that people make mistakes, and you have to decide if their mistakes are bigger than your love for them.” ―Angie Thomas
20. “You can’t make the same mistake twice. The second time you make it, it’s no longer a mistake. It’s a choice.”
21. The greatest mistake we make is living in constant fear that we will make one.” —John C. Maxwell
22. “You cannot correct your mistakes by pointing out the mistakes of others.”
23. “There is no sense in punishing your future for the mistakes of your past. Forgive yourself, grow from it, and then let it go.” —Melanie Koulouris
24. “Mistakes are always forgivable if one has the courage to admit them.” —Bruce Lee
25. “A failure is not always a mistake; it may simply be the best one can do under the circumstances. The real mistake is to stop trying.” —B. F. Skinner
26. “Making mistakes is better than faking perfections.”
27. “Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.” —Edmund Burk
28. “Everyone makes mistakes in life, but that doesn’t mean they have to pay for them for the rest of their life.”
29. “It’s not how we make mistakes, but how we correct them that defines us.” —Rachel Wolchin
30. “Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment.” ―Rita Mae Brown
31. “Mistakes have the power to turn you into something better than you were before.” – Anonymous
When we make a mistake, we often want to try to fix it by coming up with a solution to the issue. Whatever the problem is that caused the mistake to happen in the first place, can often be fixed by coming up with some sort of alternative method. In this sense, we can become a better person than we were before, because we will have rectified an issue and become our very own problem solver.
32. “Remember that life’s greatest lessons are usually learned at the worst times and from the worst mistakes.” – Anonymous
There is always a lesson to be learned when we make a mistake. This is because, often people want to rectify their mistakes and so they will do anything they can to make it right. With this in mind, some of our greatest accomplishments come from rectifying our mistakes and we also learn some of life’s most important lessons during this time too.
33. “We all make mistakes, have struggles, and even regret things in our past. But you are not your mistakes, you are here now with the power to shape your day and your future.” – Steve Maraboli
Do not allow your past mistakes define who you are as a person today. Every single person on this earth makes mistakes, it’s human nature. However, we all react to mistakes in different ways. Be the person who moves on from their mistakes and who focusses on making themselves a better person. The best thing to do after a mistake is to just continue to look forward and stay positive.
34. “You make mistakes. Mistakes don’t make you.” – Maxwell Maltz
Your mistakes don’t define you as a person. We all make mistakes and we all move on from them. That is just the way life goes. Without mistakes, we would never be able to accomplish anything great. Mistakes can be learned from and are there to help us grow as a person. Growth comes from learning how to deal with making mistakes and moving forward from them.
35. “When someone does something wrong, don’t forget all the things they did right.” – Anonymous
Never judge a person based on a mistake they’ve made. chances are, they have done many other great things prior to that mistake. do not overlook all of those great things in the moment of mistake. Everybody makes mistakes, we all do. It is important not to judge someone based on their mistakes because mistakes are usually accidental and cannot be helped.
36. “When you make a mistake, there are only three things you should ever do about it: admit it, learn from it, and don’t repeat it.” – Paul Bear Bryant
It is important to admit when you have made a mistake so that you can move on from it and learn from it. When you learn from a mistake, you will learn never to do that same thing again. When we learn from mistakes, we usually find a solution to the initial problem, and so this will prevent us from ever making that same mistake again, as we will always know how to resolve it in the future.
37. “If you want to grow, you need to get over any fear you have of making mistakes.” – John C. Maxwell
No one should ever live with the fear of making mistakes. We all make mistakes and often they cannot be helped. Don’t let a fear of the unknown define your life. Live your life the way you want to and if you do make mistakes along the way, don’t sweat it. We all do. Just learn from them and move on with your life.
38. “Mistakes are proof you are trying.” – Anonymous
It is inevitable that you’re going to make mistakes somewhere down the line. Every person on this earth will have made at least one mistake in there lives. It’s fine to make mistakes, because at least that shows that you’re trying to accomplish something. A life without making mistakes is really no life at all. Life is all about trying to do things and learning along the way.
39. “Learn from other people’s mistakes.” Tai Lopez
This is a great quote because not only can you learn from your own mistakes, you can also learn from other people’s mistakes. If you notice that someone has made a mistake, analyse it and try to follow the ways in which they rectify it, grow and move on from it. In that way you can learn to get over your own mistakes in a much better way, but you can also learn how to avoid making the same mistakes that they have.
40. “If you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You are doing things you have never done before, and more importantly, you are doing something.” Neil Gaiman
We all only get one shot at this life and we only live once so it is important to pursue the things we enjoy and continuously try new things and new experiences. Of course, we will make mistakes along the way. However, everybody makes mistakes. Wouldn’t you rather make mistakes doing something you love or by trying new things than just by living the same mundane lifestyle in an attempt to avoid mistakes? Go out there an live your life, try new things, travel. If you make a mistake, it’s not the end of the world.
We hope you enjoyed this list of quotes about mistakes.
Did you enjoy this list of quotes about mistakes? Remember, nobody is perfect and we all mess up sometimes. The most important thing is learning from your mistake to be a better person next time the opportunity presents itself.
Perhaps you have some quotes about mistakes of your own that you think should be on this list? Or maybe you have some stories about mistakes the you yourself have made that you would like to share with us? We would love to hear them! Please leave a comment in the comment section below this article.
If you enjoyed this article or know someone who may benefit from reading it then please be sure to give it a share!
Related Article: Empowering Marilyn Monroe Quotes to Get You Through The Day