Do Everything In Moderation.
Is your life feeling jumbled? Well, these balance quotes will help you get back in the saddle and get back on the right course.
A Bit About Balance Quotes
It’s easy to lose perspective on life sometimes. People’s lives are so hectic that sometimes it all becomes a blur and it’s hard to get back on the right track. These balance quotes will help shed light on some areas of your life that might need to be fixed. Everyone struggles with balance from time to time, and it’s nothing to be ashamed of. We hope this list gives you the courage you need to make the necessary changes in your life and have a better quality of living.
What is balance?
Balance is the ability to evenly distribute your time and attention. With so many things going on, you might find yourself struggling to make time for everything in your life. This is something that everyone struggles with and it often seems like 24 hours just isn’t enough hours for the day. But, it’s possible to find a way to live a life that’s evenly balanced.
Why is balance important?
There’s no way you can properly function without balance. Some people can’t understand why they might feel irritable or frustrated, and it’s often because their lives are out of whack. You were not made to do just one thing and that’s why you shouldn’t focus all your energy on one thing. It’s easy to start feeling trapped if you don’t give yourself a break from every role you play in your life. You can’t always wear the same hat, you have to switch them out.
A Comforting List Of Balance Quotes
If you’re struggling to find a happy medium in your life, this list will help you take the first step to finding balance.
1. “Live a life that is well balanced; don’t do things in excess.” Daniel Smith
This tip is super important to maintaining your overall well-being. Anything that is done in excess will ultimately be harmful to you. It’s important to find a happy medium in your life so that you know when to draw the line. Why do you think addiction is bad? Obviously, some addictive habits are harmful to a person and their loved ones, but it’s essentially bad because it’s done in excess and people depend on it. Take food for an example. You have to eat, but if you’re a food addict, that’s a problem. The same goes for any other area in your life; don’t over do it!
2. “Balance isn’t something you achieve “someday”. Nick Vujicic
You have to consistently put the effort in to have a balanced life every single day. And since it’s something that takes commitment, you can’t just assume that it’s something you’ll learn to someday. You have to make the choice to start implementing it into your daily routine now. Otherwise, you’ll look up and five years from now, your life will be the same. Make the choice to start today, not someday.
3. “One of the major issues plaguing human potential in the corporate world today is work-life balance. The term itself diminishes our ability to make the case that work can be a richly rewarding part of a person’s life and should in many ways be personal.” Matthew Kelly
This is one of those balance quotes that really hits home. The truth of the matter is that work is a part of your life; meaning one part. Yes, it’s generally the thing we spend most of you time doing, and it’s the source of your income, but you don’t have to be a slave to do. As Matthew Kelly said, your work should be rewarding and you should enjoy just as you do other things in life. The problem is that people assume that the main priority is work and then everything else. When really, work some be an equal part of your life.
4. “The more often you decline invitations to spend time with friends or family because you are too busy with either work or other activities, the more you should realize that your life is not in balance.” Byron Pulsifer
When you don’t have time for the people in your life, that’s a huge red flag. You first have to ask yourself why is work more important than spending time with family and friends? What is it that you’re afraid of losing? Or what is it that you’re running from? Once you get that understanding, you should begin to shift your thinking so that you can start to have more balance in life.
5. “In all aspects of our lives balance is key. Doing one thing too much can cause upset, like the old saying goes, everything in moderation is the secret!” Catherine Pulsifer
If you’re feeling tired, irritable, or anxious that could be a sign that your life is out of balance. As a human, you need balance to function properly. If you’re struggling with this, make a schedule for yourself so that you can start to incorporate other things to make you happy. Make time for a social life, relaxation time, and time for your hobbies and interests. You’ll feel a lot better.
6. “Our lives are a mixture of different roles. Most of us are doing the best we can to find whatever the right balance is . . . For me, that balance is family, work, and service.” Hillary Rodham Clinton
Your life is so multi-faceted, it really is a juggling act. You have to find a way to manage the many sides to life and also the different roles that you play. You might be a spouse, and employee, parent, student, friend, counselor, and volunteer all at once. So, how do make it all work? It’s all about prioritizing. You have to put all of the roles in your life in order of importance, while also make sure you don’t focus too much or too little on one thing.
7. “I’m not suggesting you deny or suppress your emotions, but just discover for yourself what it takes for you to handle your emotions and stay balanced.” Wendy Hearn
These balance quotes are addressing some serious issues, but it’s vital that you understand the importance of dealing with them. It’s never a good idea to blurt out everything that comes to mind and voice every offense that comes your way. Nor is it good to bottle your emotions and never express how you feel. Your feelings are fragile and if you don’t deal with them properly, it could lead to some problems down the line. Channel you emotions wisely and learn when you should say how you feel or let it go.
8. “We need to introduce a little balance into your life. Part of this balance means not missing out on some of the marvels of life around you, the fun, some excitement, or other challenges in life.”Catherine Puslifer
If you’re always focused on one thing, you’ll miss out on some of the special things in your life. You might assume that your life is boring, nothing interesting ever happens, and you have no excitement. However, if you change your routine and your perspective, you’d be surprised at just how adventurous your day to day activities really are. Don’t miss out!
9. “When it comes to balance, you have been sold a bill of goods. It’s time to give yourself a break, embrace the life you have, and make adjustments that will allow you to grow in the areas that are crucial to your most important commitments as well as your happiness.” Dan Thurmon
Once you begin to realize that there’s more to life than work, your entire outlook will change. Believe it or not, you deserve a break. Society has pushed the narrative that a good life includes lots of money and success. However, what good is to be be successful if you’re always tired, grumpy, or physically fatigued? No one was meant to overwork themselves and never take time to relax. There’s a reason why you’re a human and not a robot. Give yourself the TLC you need to live a balanced life.
10. “It’s also important to give attention to your health and hygiene. Keep yourself healthy by exercising, eating a balanced diet, and sleeping right.” Kathleen Rao
You only have one body so you have to take care of it. Just like a car, you can’t expect to constantly drive it and never refuel. You can’t have it ffor years and never do regular maintenance on it to keep it running smoothly. The same thing goes for you. It’s impossible to keep going when your bodily tank is on E. If you never take the time to maintain your body from the inside out, you’ll eventually stop working. Take care of yourself!
Do You Feel Rejuvenated After Reading These Balance Quotes?
Did you enjoy this list of balance quotes? We hope you understand how valuable you are and why it’s imperative that you take care of yourself. When your life starts to get out of whack, you’re headed down a road to unhappiness. Give yourself what you need to be the best person you can be, and make an effort to do everything in moderation.
If you liked these balance quotes, share them on your social media and don’t forget to leave us a comment below!
Related Article: Encouragement Quotes To Inspire You To Achieve Your Dreams