If you’ve never created a vision board before, now is the time to try.
Although it may seem like a pointless task to some people, vision boards actually do work. Creating a beautiful display of everything you want and placing it in a place where you’ll see it often allows your mind to actively visualize and process the visualization so that your brain is prepared for making your dreams a reality. So what is a vision board and how do we create one? This article will explore just that.
This article is intended to educate you on what a vision board actually is and acts as a step-by-step guide on how to create one. The creation process is pretty simple and the inspiration you can get from creating a vision board can be truly life-changing.
A Bit About Vision Boards
Everyone has dreams and of course, everyone wishes their dreams could become a reality. A vision board is a simple step in the right direction towards achieving all of your dreams and getting what you want out of life. Psychologically, if you visualize the things that you want to happen, your brain awakens and this makes it much easier for you to find a way to make your dreams come true. Whether you dream of material things, love, happiness – visualizing is the first step to getting what you want.
People have been using vision boards for many years as a way of creating a clear and concise path in their journey towards ultimate happiness. Many people swear by vision boards and claim that a vision board is the reason for their success.
What Is a Vision Board?
A vision board is a powerful tool that helps you to visualize your future and reminds you every day of your life goals. It is a place to collect all of your dreams and desires in one place. This is so that you can see what you’re working towards and so you have that constant reminder every day of what you wish your life to end up like.
Physically, a vision board is a simple board in which you stick items like pictures of things you want and quotes about what you want out of life. It is also a place where you can place motivational and inspirational quotes to keep you uplifted and inspired whenever you look at it.
What Does a Vision Board Help With?
A vision board helps with creating a clear path towards your future. It opens your mind up to the possibilities of achieving everything you want out of life. It is a tool that helps to clarify a specific goal or target and this helps you to achieve your dreams.
A vision board shouldn’t just consist of material things. Although most of us want material things out of life, that’s not what is most important. Your board should include content that allows you to visualize feelings and the way you want to feel in the future.
You should think about all the things that are most important to you – friends, family, happiness, health – and try to include some aspect of all of these things when creating your own vision board.
Why Are Vision Boards Important?
Vision boards are important because visualization is a powerful internal mind tool that helps you actively chase your goals. A vision board is fun to create. It acts as a tool to motivate and inspire you every day in the pursuit of your biggest and most important life goals. By looking at your vision board daily, you will be moving toward growth in the most important areas of your life.
Without motivation and inspiration, it can be hard to move forward. Think about when you’re working on something in your job and you get completely stuck, you seek inspiration or motivation to pick you up and that allows you to come up with a great finished product. It’s the same with life. If you allow yourself to get stuck in a rut without seeking inspiration, then you’ll struggle to feel fulfilled as you’ll never feel like you’re making a move towards your dream. Have an end goal in mind and use your vision board as a way of driving yourself towards that end goal.
Who Would Best Benefit From a Vision Board?
The simple answer to this question is – everyone. Vision boards can be useful to literally anyone. Everyone has a dream and everyone wants their dreams to come true. A vision board is the first step to making that happen. It can work on a number of different levels as you can literally place whatever you like on it. So no matter what your dreams are, a vision board can and will work for you.
Everyone’s dreams are different and so everyone’s vision board will be completely unique. Make yours into something you love to look at. When you look at it, you should feel inspired, motivated and driven to chase after everything you’ve ever wanted out of life.
Materials and Supplies Needed
What Materials Do You Need to Create a Vision Board? Here we have created a simple list for you of everything that you will need to create your very own vision board. You do not need a lot of fancy materials to create a vision board. This means it should be easy for absolutely anyone to create one with ease. Please see the list below of all the materials you’ll need.
- A corkboard or canvas
- A stack of old magazine and newspapers
- Printed pictures or quotes
- Pens or paint
- Glue, tape or pins
How To Create Your Vision Board
Now that we’ve established the importance of a vision board and gathered the necessary supplies, it’s time for the fun part. Here is a step by step guide on how to bring your vision board to life:
- Gather your supplies together and make sure you have everything you need. Please see the list above for all the things you’ll need to create a vision board. The more magazines and newspapers you have, the better as this is where you’ll be getting most of your content from. Before creating your vision board, you should have a clear idea in your mind of all the goals and dreams that you would like to feature on your board. It may be useful to write a list of all of your goals so that you know what to look for when it comes to step 3.
- Decide where you’re going to keep your vision board and make sure the space is clear. This should be somewhere that you will be able to see it every day and should be kept in a happy place. Think about which room you are happiest in and place your vision board in direct view in that room for the best results. If you work in an office, also consider maybe having a vision board on your desk. This way, you’ll definitely see it and it’ll act as great motivation to get you through your working day.
- Go through all the magazines and newspapers and find pictures and snippets that relate to your life and the direction you envision your life going. If you can’t find enough relatable content in the magazines and newspapers, then you can also look for inspiration online. You can then print off anything you find that you’d like to include on your vision board. I’m sure you have clear goals set in your mind, try to gather content that as close to your goals as possible so that the visualization techniques can work most effectively.
- Add your images to the vision board in a tidy manner. If you keep it tidy, it will be easier to read and clearer for your mind to take in. Make sure you get ALL of your goals on there so that you can visualize every single life goal whenever you look at it. If you only have a few life goals, try filling up the space with positive and motivational quotes. It’s also a good idea to add things you enjoy and things that make you happy. Your vision board should make you smile whenever you look at it.
- Put your vision board up in your chosen place. Make sure you display it in a place where it is 100% visible and in a place that makes you happy. Walk by it every day and give it a good stare. Take it all in. Your vision board is your path to success and leads the way towards achieving all your goals and dreams. When you look at your board, you should be able to imagine your future clearly. A successful vision board is one that allows you to visualize your future with ease.
We hope you enjoyed this guide on how to create a vision board.
If you do decide to create a vision board, or if you have used one in the past, please leave a comment. We would love to know how it worked out for you. If you enjoyed reading this blog, or if you know someone who should create a vision board and hasn’t yet, then please be sure to share this article with them. We wish you every success in achieving your dreams!
Related Article: What Inspires You? – Where To Find Inspiration