Rain can contain many memories for people.
For some people, rain brings happiness and joy, for others it brings sadness and despair. Rainy days are sometimes the best days for sitting and reminiscing on memories. We have created a list of rainy day quotes which should help to brighten and bring some joy to an ordinarily dull rainy day. We hope that you enjoy these quotes and we would love to hear your thoughts on them in the comments section below this article. If you know someone who may enjoy these quotes, then please do be sure to give the article a share with them!
A Bit About Rainy Day Quotes
Rainy day quotes are perfect for reading on a rainy day. These quotes will contain some information on how rainy days make you feel, things to do on a rainy day and some inspirational content to brighten up your rainy day.
Why are rainy day quotes so great?
Rainy day quotes are great because they can brighten up an ordinarily dull rainy day. The can be very inspiring and motivating and can lift your mood on a rainy day. Many people feel dull or sad on rainy days, however rainy day quotes can cheer people up. We hope that you enjoy our list of rainy day quotes and that they make you feel happy and inspired today.
Our List of Rainy Day Quotes
Following is our list of rainy day quotes which should motivate and inspire you today. We hope that you enjoy reading these quotes and we would love to hear your thoughts on them in the comments section below this article. If you know someone else who would also love these quotes, then please do be sure to give this article a share with them!
1. Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book. – Bill Watterson
This quote perfectly describes exactly how a rainy day should be. A rainy day with a cup of tea and a good book would be the perfect day for many people. The fact that this quote is so relatable is what makes this such a great rainy day quote.
2. One can find so many pains when the rain is falling. – John Steinbeck
Rain can sometimes prevent us from being productive as most people prefer not to go out in the rain. With that in mind, rain can give us a lot of time to think and reflect on things passed by. Many of these past memories can bring us pain.
3. There’s nothing like a little rain to bring people together. – George Marek
Rain can bring people together because people will usually prefer to stay in when it’s raining. Son in this sense, rain can often bring families closer together, because they will find things to do together around the house rather than all going out and doing their own things.
4. Remember; not every rainy day holds within it the promise of any rainbow. – unknown
This is a metaphor for life, as life can sometimes throw terrible things at us. Although some people say that things can only get better, there is no promise that things will get better. This is just a mindset that people have to stop themselves from going insane.
5. The best thing one can do when it’s raining is to let it rain. – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
We cannot control rain, and so the best thing we can do when it’s raining is to just let it rain. This is a great metaphor for life as there are things that are out of our control, and those things can only be left to be.
6. You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too. That’s a part of it. – Denzel Washington
Mud does come with rain, and that is a fact. This is another great metaphor for life too as, if you do something bad, then you have to be able and be willing to accept the consequences of you bad decisions.
7. Give thanks for the rain in your life which waters the flowers of your soul. – Jonathan Lockwood Huie
There will always be bad things that happen in life, but these are the things that nourish your soul and turn you into a much better person. This is a great quote which is also a great metaphor for our every day lives.
8. Into each life some rain must fall. – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
This is a great quote about rain because it can relate to everyone’s life. Everyone goes through bad times in their life as that is just a part of life. That is what this quote seems to be touching on. Every single person on earth must experience those bad times in order to grow from them.
9. The rainy days that a man saves for usually seem to arrive during his vacation. – unknown
This is a funny and somewhat true quote. We all know the irony involved in going on holiday and it’s raining the entire time you’re away, yet back home it’s completely sunny. I’m sure this is something that many people have experienced and seems just typical.
10. Like the sky opens after a rainy day we must open to ourselves . Learn to love yourself for who you are and open so the world can see you shine. – James Poland
We all must learn to open up ourselves, as this is a part of life that everyone should do. Being an open person means that you will be more open to new experiences and you will be more open to love and friendship. Open people tend to have a better quality of life. So it is important that we all learn to be a little bit more open.
11. What’s a rainy day without some delicious coffee-flavoured loneliness?– Sanober Khan, Turquoise Silence
Coffee is a wonderful thing to have on a rainy day. It is delicious and it keeps us awake, what more could we ask for? So next time there’s a rainy day, choose to chill out with a cup of coffee as there really is no better experience than a nice cup of coffee on a rainy day.
12. On a sunny clear day, you can improve your body; on a rainy foggy day, you can improve your mind! – Mehmet Murat ildan
On a sunny day, we can go out and experience the world, while at the same time getting some great exercise to improve our bodies. On a rainy day, most people prefer to stay indoor, so this is a great opportunity to focus on our mind and clear our thoughts.
13. Live in moments that consume your heart and mind, but be distracted by the music from the leaves, birds, wind, rain, sun and people. – Val Uchendu
There are moments in our life that will always mean more than other moments. Allow yourself to live in moments and experience great things. However, we should never allow ourselves to be consumed by moments. We should always allow room for distractions by the beauty in the world.
14. Don’t predict the condition of the entire day by the state of the morning. You don’t judge a book by its cover. A cloudy morning is no guarantee for a rainy day! – Israelmore Ayivor, Leaders’ Watchwords
Just because you’ve had a bad morning doesn’t mean you’re gong to have a bad entire day. Some bad mornings can completely turn around and become one of the best days of your life. The metaphor involving rain in this quote is wonderful as it does relate to our lives.
15. The only thing I shall want for a rainy day will be my umbrella. – Agatha Christie, Nemesis
There really isn’t anything we need in this life and if it rains, that still stands. However, we may want an umbrella on a rainy day, to prevent us from getting wet. Although that is the case, we shouldn’t allow a little bit of rain to affect our days in any other way.
We hope you enjoyed this list of rainy day quotes.
Did you enjoy this list of rainy day quotes? Perhaps you have some rainy day quotes of your own that you think should be on this list? Or maybe you have some stories about your own rainy days that you would like to share with us? We would love to hear them! Please leave a comment in the comment section below this article.
If you enjoyed this article or know someone who may benefit from reading it then please be sure to give it a share!
Related Article: Soothing Sunday Morning Quotes To Get You In Gear For The Week