Sometimes, lessons are learned the hard way. They are inevitable. There is always that false friend who can betray and use you. A friend whom you would give time to but would only take for granted. Betrayal is common in false friendships. Whether you are getting over a recent friend betrayal or are cautious about it. Here we collected true, funny, and short quotes about fake friends.
Quotes about Fake Friends
1. Stay real. stay loyal or stay away from me.
2. Don’t fear the enemy that attacks you, but the fake friend that hugs you.
3. Cut the shit, be real with me.
4. Sometimes, you have to give up on people. Not because you don’t care but because they don’t.
5. While you’re talking behind my back, feel free to bend down and kiss my ass.
6. I hate liars, hypocrites and people who take advantage of people who care about them.
7. It’s hard to trust somebody when the person who you completely opened up to is the person who later completely betrayed you.
8. Some of the most poisonous people come disguised as friends and family,
9. The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies.
10. People’s bullshit and fakeness are the main reasons why I like to be alone.
11. Lord, give me the strength to tolerate this fake bitch.
12. Betray a friend, and you’ll often find you have ruined yourself.
Quotes about Real Friends
13. As we grow up, it becomes less important to have a ton of friends, and more important to have real ones.
14. I’ve come to realize that the only people I need in my life are the ones who need me in theirs even when I have nothing else to offer them but myself.
15. A friend who understands your tears is much more valuable than a lot of friends who only know your smile.
16. Associate your self with people of good quality, for it is better to be alone than in bad company.
17. The realest people don’t have a lot of friends.
18. A true friend is the only person who never gets tired of listening to your own pointless dramas over and over again.
19. The best place in the world is the arms of someone who will not only hold you at your best, but will pick you up and hug you tight at your weakest moment.
20. We need people in our lives with whom we can be as open as possible. To have real conversations with people may seem like such a simple obvious suggestion, but it involves courage and risk.
21. You know who your real friends are when you pull yourself away from them and see who wonders why you are pulling away.
22. Being honest may not get you many friends but it’ll get you the right ones.
Difference between Fake and Real Friends Quotes
23. Fake friends believe in rumors; Real friends believe in you
24. Friends are like boobs: Some are big, some are small, some are real and some are fake.
25. Fake people have an image to maintain; Real people just don’t care.
26. True friends cry when you leave; Fake friends leave when you cry.
Sometimes, it is hard to move on from a relationship destroyed by betrayal. Don’t be scared to share your feelings with the aid of these quotes for fake friends. If you want more positive vibes, check out Cheer Up Quotes and Short Funny Quotes.
How to Spot a Fake Friend?
Here are a few signs to look out for so that you can avoid a fake friend much faster:
They’re only around during the good times
Do you have a friend that seems to always come to a party you’re hosting but always makes excuses whenever you need help with things? Yeah, chances are that friend is as fake as they come.
They’re always asking for stuff
“Can I borrow this?” – the ultimate phrase that tests friendships. If you’ve heard this more often than not, it’s a stark sign of a fake friend. Even during the days when you’re surprised that they just texted you to say hello, you’ll soon find out that they actually had an ulterior motive – either a favor or some cash.
They seem too competitive
Fake friends don’t cheer for you truthfully, as they are quite jealous. Instead, they always draw comparisons between you and them to make you feel bad even when it’s not the case. They’ll always flaunt artificial things, such as them owning more clothes or having a better car. And, of course, you can bet that they’ll always try to one-up you in every conversation, even if it is subtle.
They play on your insecurities and make you feel bad
Whenever you’re with a friend that doesn’t uplift you but makes you feel judged, even if indirectly, that is definitely a false companion. Don’t be fooled by them, as they are often masters at gaslighting. Not only that, but they also know what you feel insecure about and they will profit from it every single time.
You find them talking behind your back
This one’s a classic. If you’ve heard them talk behind your back, stay far away. That person is not your friend and you should immediately discontinue any relationship with them.
Tina Gray is a freelance journalist, theatre enthusiast and aspiring author. She has a passion for telling stories through various mediums and regularly writes for various online publications. Her short stories will soon be published in her first volume. Currently, she resides in the San Fernando Valley and is studying screenwriting.