Integrity is a great trait to have.
- When someone has integrity, it means they do the right thing in a reliable way. It’s a great personality trait to have and so that is why we have created this list of fifteen amazing integrity quotes that should inspire you. The quotes in our list have been hand selected from many collections of integrity quotes and we have curated this list of some of the best quotes that we could find about integrity.
A Bit About Integrity Quotes
- Integrity is a great personality trait to have, which is why we have created this lift of integrity quotes to inspire you to live your life with more integrity.
What is integrity?
According to dictionary.com, integrity is “adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty.” So with that being said, a person with integrity is someone who is a good person overall. They’re also a person who aren’t a rule-breaker and have all the traits of a decent person. For example – not being a liar and living life in a ethical manner.
Why is it important?
Integrity is important for building and maintaining trust within relationships between you and the people you meet. When you have integrity, it means that you are a loyal person with good morals and great judgement. All of this equates to a person who people would be proud to know because they’re an overall good person.
What can we glean from integrity quotes?
- Our list of fifteen integrity quotes should motivate and inspire you to want to be a better person and should make you want to be a person with more integrity. By reading these quotes, you should learn a little bit more about what integrity actually is and what it means as well as why it is an important personality trait to have.
Fifteen Integrity Quotes That Will Inspire You
This is our list of fifteen integrity quotes that we have curated. These quotes have been hand-selected as some of the best and most amazing integrity quotes we could find. This list has been created to motivate and inspire you to be a good person because the world needs good people. Please enjoy!
1. The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively. – Bob Marley
This is a great quote because it is absolutely true. There is no point having wealth and material things if you have no friends or no-one that respects you enough to share them with. If you don’t have any integrity, no-one will trust or respect you. With that in mind, it is much more important to have integrity so that you can make many friends and so that people will think of you in a positive way. If wealth comes afterwards then that would be a bonus.
2. With integrity, you have nothing to fear, since you have nothing to hide. With integrity, you will do the right thing, so you will have no guilt. – Zig Ziglar
A person who is continuously honest will have nothing to fear because they have nothing to hide. Honesty is a form of integrity so by living your life with integrity, you’re living an honest lifestyle where you will be in a constant state of mind that you have nothing to hide. A life with great integrity is a life with little worries because honest people don’t need to worry.
3. Live so that when your children think of fairness, caring, and integrity, they think of you. – H. Jackson Brown, Jr
Everybody wants to be a great role model for their children because children grow up idolising their parents. You can do be a great role model by being a good person who lives a life full of integrity. These kinds of traits are ones that you want your children to pick up from you and imitate in their own lives. If you can raise a child to have great integrity, then you know you’ve done an excellent job as a parent.
4. Be impeccable with your word. Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love. – Don Miguel Ruiz
Only you can choose what you say out loud because only you have control of your own mind. Everyone can choose to be a little more careful with what they say. Gossiping and speaking negatively can only lead to people having negative connotations about your as a person. If you choose to speak only positively and with love, you will seem like a much nicer person. People are going to trust you more if you choose not to be a gossip or say bad things about other people. Change the way you speak out loud and only speak honestly and positively. See how much of a difference it will make in your life.
5. Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody’s going to know whether you did it or not. – Oprah Winfrey
The best types of people are those that do good deeds without needing the approval or satisfaction of others. A good person will conduct good deeds purely from the goodness of their own hearts and not just because they know that other people are watching. Try performing a good deed today just out of the goodness of your own heart and see how it makes you feel.
6. Honest communication is built on truth and integrity and upon respect of the one for the other. – Benjamin E. Mays
People will respect you a lot more if you’re an honest person with integrity. Think about it, if you knew someone was a gossiper or a liar, you wouldn’t trust or respect them at all. However, if you knew that someone was trustworthy, positive and caring, you would have a lot more respect for that person. We should all try to be more honest and have more integrity because the world needs more people like that.
7. If you don’t have integrity, you have nothing. You can’t buy it. You can have all the money in the world, but if you are not a moral and ethical person, you really have nothing. – Henry Kravis
Money and material things mean nothing if you’re a terrible person. It doesn’t matter what you have, but if you don’t have integrity, no-one will respect you. It’s better to have lots of friends and people who you get along with and that care for you than to have a lot of money and have no-one. We should all try focusing more on being a better person rather than focusing on money.
8. Integrity means that you are the same in public as you are in private. – Joyce Meyer
A person who has great integrity will never be fake because they’re an honest person. They will never be different around different people and will never feel the need to change who they are to suit others. When a person has great integrity, they are a good person all the time, and so that eliminates the need for them to feel they have to change in different circumstances. Be a good person, always, whether you’re in public or not.
9. Having a superpower has nothing to do with the ability to fly or jump, or superhuman strength. The truest superpowers are the ones we all possess: willpower, integrity, and most importantly, courage. – Jason Reynolds
Willpower, integrity and courage are all some of the best traits that a person can have. When someone possesses all of these traits, it may seem like they even have superpowers because it can be rare to find someone who possesses all of these amazing traits.
10. Honesty and integrity are absolutely essential for success in life – all areas of life. The really good news is that anyone can develop both honesty and integrity. – Zig Ziglar
Both honesty and integrity are very important and are both excellent traits for a person to have. Someone who possesses both of these amazing traits will likely be successful, because people will be able to trust them in both their personal life, but also in business. Honesty and integrity are both traits that we can easily develop ourselves. If we focus on positivity and try to be a good person, integrity will follow.
11. Your personal integrity, once established and earned, people don’t have to think about it. They know. They know you. They know you’ll do the right thing every time. – Rex Tillerson
This is the ideal situation for all of us because everybody wants to be respected. Everyone should strive to be known as someone that is trusted and honest enough that people don’t even have to think about it. When someone knows you, they should know you as someone who is honest and has integrity. The best types of people are the ones who you don’t even need to think before you tell them a secret because you know they will keep it.
12. Every person has a different view of another person’s image. That’s all perception. The character of a man, the integrity, that’s who you are. – Steve Alford
Although everyone has a different view on what people are like from the outside, it’s what’s on the inside that counts. We should all show people that we are great people with great integrity because then we’ll gain more respect from others. Good people are the ones who are honest and have great integrity. That is what we should all aim to be on the inside. People may not perceive you as that person from the outside, but if we continue to be a good person, everyone will learn that that is what you’re really like.
13. My integrity means more to me than any fame or money. When I say something, I want people to take it to the bank that I mean it and believe in it. – Tim Tebow
The best types of people are ones who value the thoughts of others and people’s perception of them as a person over material things. Money and material items do not make you a better person. However, honesty and integrity do make you a better person. People will appreciate you and respect you a lot more if you’re a good person with integrity as opposed to if you’re someone who has a lot of money and things but no integrity.
14. Live with integrity, respect the rights of other people, and follow your own bliss. – Nathaniel Branden
To live a blissful life is to live a life where you’re respected by others. To gain that respect, you must live an honest life with integrity. Once you manage to gain that respect from others, you will enjoy your life of bliss because you will not feel the need to change for others to gain their respect. Try living your life with more honesty and integrity and see how blissful it makes you feel.
15. Your peers will respect you for your integrity and character, not your possessions. – David Robinson
This is similar to the integrity quotes from earlier. People will respect you much more for your personality over any material things that you may own. Anyone can work hard and buy things, but not everyone has integrity. We can however all learn to have more integrity in our lives. We should all focus on being more honest and caring people. The world would be a much better and brighter place if we all focused on our integrity because the world needs more honest people in it.
Did you enjoy this article?
We hope you enjoyed reading this article and can take something away from the integrity quotes on this list that we have curated for you. Do you know any integrity quotes that you think deserve to be on this list? Did you enjoy reading the content of this article? We would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave us a comment in the comment section below.
If you enjoyed reading this article or know anyone who may enjoy reading the integrity quotes in this list, then please do give this article a share!