Although there has been a lot of progress, there is still more work to do in the journey towards abolishing racism.
It is so important that we never stop fighting for what is right. To inspire everyone to focus on working towards what is right in the world, we have created this list of racism quotes. This list should inspire everyone to work harder in the fight against racism and focusses on the fact that every person on earth should be treated as an equal, no matter who they are. We hope that these racism quotes inspire you today and we would love to hear your thoughts on them in the comments section below this article.
A Bit About Racism Quotes
Racism quotes are great for opening people’s eyes to the reality of racism in the world, and they help us to understand that something needs to be done about it.
What is racism?
Racism is prejudice or discrimination against people of a difference race to your own. It can also refer to people who believe that their own race is superior to others. Racism is when people are not treated equally, just because of their race.
Why is it so important that we abolish racism?
Racism is terrible because we are all the same. We are all born into this world in the same way and we all live on the same planet in the same way. The only thing that makes someone different is the colour of their skin, or the way they look. However, people are treated differently just because of those things and it is a terrible thing that racism is still in the world today.
Our List of Racism Quotes
Following is our list of racism quotes which should inspire you today. We hope that you enjoy these quotes and we would love to hear your thoughts on them in the comments section below this article. If you know someone who may enjoy reading these quotes then please be sure to give this article a share with them.
1. “No one is born hating another person because of the colour of his skin, or his background or his religion. People learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.” –Nelson Mandela
This is a great quote because we can all learn to love and we can all learn t avoid hate. Hatred is learned, and so we should focus on teaching our children to love instead of hate so that we can change the world around us for the better. Love is a natural response, and should be focussed on much more than the, because love is wonderful.
2. “Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.” –Mahatma Gandhi
Some people hate on others simply because they are different to themselves and that’s hard to understand for some people. Uniqueness is what makes the human race beautiful, and we should ll embrace our uniqueness and admire everyone else’s uniqueness.
3. “Let’s practice motivation and love, not discrimination and hate.” -Zendaya
We should all try to practice motivation and love because those are wonderful things. Discrimination and hate are things that should be avoided in the world. Love is really what makes the world go round, and we should all practice love instead of hate.
4. “The best way to stop discrimination on the basis of race is to stop discriminating on the basis of race.” –John Roberts
This is such a great and true quote. The best way to stop racism is to just stop it. Nobody has any right to discriminate anyone based on their race. We are all born equal, and we should all live as equals. Racism is something that can be avoided easily if we just allow ourselves to treat everyone as we would like to be treated ourselves.
5. “How I wish we lived in a time when laws were not necessary to safeguard us from discrimination.” –Barbra Streisand
It is absolutely outrageous that some of the reason why racism doesn’t happen is simply because law will not allow it. This shouldn’t be the reason for less discrimination. We should not discriminate because all humans should see each other as equals and nothing else.
6. “I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.” –Martin Luther King, Jr.
The colour of somebodies skin does not determine who they are as a person. Nobody has the right to judge someone just because they have a different colour skin to them. It is important to remember that we are all born on this earth in the same way, and so we should all have the right to live in the same way without being bullied or hated on.
7. “Hating people because of their color is wrong and it doesn’t matter which color does the hating. It’s just wrong.” –Muhammad Ali
Hating people is wrong, period. But to hate people because of the colour of their skin is something else. Nobody can help the colour of their skin, it’s just something that you’re born with. Therefore, hating people because of the colour of their skin is terrible because it is something that can’t ever be changed.
8. “There should be no discrimination against languages people speak, skin color, or religion.” –Malala Yousafzai
We are all equals on earth and no-one should be discriminated against no matter what makes them different. Every single person on earth is unique in their own way, and that is what makes the human race so beautiful. There is no point in discriminating people, because we are all different.
9. “But anyone who hates a brother or sister is in the darkness and walks around in darkness.” -1 John 2:11
We are all brothers and sisters of humanity, and so we should never hate on each other. Every single person on this earth has an equal right to be here, and an equal right to live their lives in any way that they want to. With this in mind, nobody has any right to ever discriminate against another person because we are all put on this earth as equals.
10. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.” -Martin Luther King, Jr.
This is a great quote because it is incredibly true and works in the same way as love and hate. We cannot abolish hate with even more hate. The only thing we can abolish hate with is love. So it is important to always spread as much love as we can so that the hate in the world eventually seises to exist.
11. “As you grow older, you’ll see white men cheat black men every day of your life, but let me tell you something and don’t you forget it—whenever a white man does that to a black man, no matter who he is, how rich he is, or how fine a family he comes from, that white man is trash” – Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird.
It doesn’t matter who it is, if anyone is racist against another person, then they are automatically a terrible person. Regardless of where that person comes from, or their background, nobody has any right to act in a racist manner towards someone else.
12. “I have a dream that one day little black boys and girls will be holding hands with little white boys and girls.” – Martin Luther King Jr., I Have a Dream.
This is a great quote because it focusses on children. Children are not born hating each other because of the colour of their skin, and so there should be no reasons why young boys and girls can’t be friends with people who are a different colour to them. It is important to make sure that all children grow up knowing that everyone is equal.
13. “It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences.” – Audre Lorde
We must all celebrate our differences because it is our differences that make us beautiful and unique. Instead of noticing our differences and thinking that they are bad, we should notice our differences for good reasons. Being different and unique is a great thing and we should all celebrate our unique differences.
14. “Racism is so universal in this country, so widespread, and deep-seated, that it is invisible because it is so normal.” – Shirley Chisholm
This is a terrible thought because racism should not be a normal thing. As a nation, we need to all take a stand against racism and make a change so that racism is no longer a normal thing. If you hear someone being racist to someone, make a stand. We must stand up for our people.
15. “Never judge someone’s character based on the words of another. Instead, study the motives behind the words of the person casting the bad judgment.” – Suzy Kassem
Only you can make your own opinions on people. If someone is being racist towards someone else, that doesn’t me that you have to act in the same way. You are capable of making your own judgements on people and you have the ability to wipe out racism by avoiding judging people by their race.
We hope you enjoyed this list of racism quotes.
Did you enjoy this list of racism quotes? Perhaps you have some racism quotes of your own that you think should be on this list? Or maybe you have some stories about racism that you would like to share with us? We would love to hear them! Please leave a comment in the comment section below this article.
If you enjoyed this article or know someone who may benefit from reading it then please be sure to give it a share!
Related Article: 10 The Art of War Quotes by Sun Tzu to Inspire You today