Thanksgiving is one of the most wonderful times of the year. It’s the time of year when families and friends are brought together to celebrate, enjoy food and have a great time. It is often the time of year when we see people who we don’t get to see as often as we like because of our busy schedules. Thanksgiving is the time of year when we all stop for a moment to remember all of the things we are thankful for. To inspire you during the Thanksgiving season, we have created this list of twelve wonderfully happy thanksgiving quotes that should bring a smile to your face. So, we hope that you enjoy these quotes and if you do enjoy them. And please be sure to share them with your family and friends.
A Bit About Happy Thanksgiving Quotes
Happy thanksgiving quotes are perfect for sharing with your family and friends during the festive season. There is always something to be thankful for, and that often starts with friends and family.
What is Thanksgiving?
Thanksgiving is a traditional holiday celebrated in the USA every year on the fourth Thursday in November. Traditionally, most people use Thanksgiving as a day to reflect on all of the positive things in their lives and spend time with their families because family is one of the most important things that we can all be thankful for. Most American’s get a few days away from work or school to celebrate the holiday. For most, Thanksgiving marks the beginning of the Christmas holiday season.
The very first Thanksgiving was celebrated in 1621 when the first harvest of the British Pilgrims was successful. In 1620, their crops failed and half of the pilgrims sadly ended up starving to their deaths due to this lack in crops. After this, the Indian Wampanoag tribe taught them how to farm and after it’s success the tribe was invited to feast and this is known as the First Thanksgiving. Since then, it has been celebrated every year as the day of thanks and reflecting on all of the things in life that we can be thankful for.
How do we celebrate Thanksgiving?
Thanksgiving is usually celebrated with family because it is a time of year when most people are away from work so have the time to get together when they ordinarily wouldn’t be able to. The celebrations are usually accompanied by a large family meal that traditionally consists of a roast turkey, stuffing, potatoes, vegetables, cranberry sauce, gravy, and pumpkin pie. After the meal, families often spend time catching up with each other as for many, Thanksgiving is one of the only times they get to see each other.
What can we glean from happy Thanksgiving quotes?
This list of happy thanksgiving quotes should act as a reminder of all of things that we can be thankful for. The quotes should also make you feel happy and inspired. We hope that you enjoy our list of happy thanksgiving quotes and we would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below this article.
Our List of Happy Thanksgiving Quotes
Following is our list of happy Thanksgiving quotes which should inspire you and make you feel thankful this festive season. We would like to wish all of our readers a hoary thanksgiving and we hope that you enjoy this list of happy Thanksgiving quotes.
1. Happy Thanksgiving Quotes – “Thanksgiving is the meal we aspire for other meals to resemble.” —Jonathan Safran Foer
2. Happy Thanksgiving Quotes – “The turkey. The sweet potatoes. The stuffing. The pumpkin pie. Is there anything else we all can agree so vehemently about? I don’t think so.” —Nora Ephron
3. Happy Thanksgiving Quotes – “Gratitude is when memory is stored in the heart and not in the mind.” —Lionel Hampton
4. Happy Thanksgiving Quotes – “To speak gratitude is courteous and pleasant, to enact gratitude is generous and noble, but to live gratitude is to touch Heaven.” —Johannes A. Gaertner
5. Happy Thanksgiving Quotes – “Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling. Thanksgiving is the following of that impulse.” —Henry Van Dyke
6. Happy Thanksgiving Quotes – “Wear gratitude like a cloak, and it will feed every corner of your life.” —Rumi
7. Happy Thanksgiving Quotes – “Give thanks for a little, and you will find a lot.” —Hausa Proverb
8. Happy Thanksgiving Quotes – “He who thanks but with the lips thanks but in part; the full, the true Thanksgiving comes from the heart.” —J.A. Shedd
9. Happy Thanksgiving Quotes – “If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily.” —Gerald Good
10. Happy Thanksgiving Quotes – “Give thanks not just on Thanksgiving Day, but every day of your life. Appreciate and never take for granted all that you have.” —Catherine Pulsifer
11. Happy Thanksgiving Quotes – “Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer.” —Maya Angelou
12. Happy Thanksgiving Quotes – “There is always, always something to be thankful for.”
13. Happy Thanksgiving Quotes – “Thanksgiving is a joyous invitation to shower the world with love and gratitude.” —Amy Leigh Mercree
14. Happy Thanksgiving Quotes – “No one has ever become poor by giving.” —Anne Frank
15. Happy Thanksgiving Quotes – “The more you practice the art of thankfulness, the more you have to be thankful for.” —Norman Vincent Peale
16. Happy Thanksgiving Quotes – “Thanksgiving is a time of togetherness and gratitude.” —Nigel Hamilton
17. Happy Thanksgiving Quotes – “Appreciation can change a day, even change a life. Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary.” —Margaret Cousins
18. Happy Thanksgiving Quotes – “I am happy because I’m grateful. I choose to be grateful. That gratitude allows me to be happy.” —Will Arnett
19. Happy Thanksgiving Quotes – “The thankful heart opens our eyes to a multitude of blessings that continually surround us.” —James E. Faust
20. Happy Thanksgiving Quotes – “If you are really thankful, what do you do? You share.” —W. Clement Stone
21. Happy Thanksgiving Quotes – “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.” —Marcus Tullius Cicero
22. Happy Thanksgiving Quotes – “Forever on Thanksgiving Day the heart will find the pathway home.” —Wilbur D. Nesbit
23. “Thanksgiving isn’t just a day. It’s a way we can live our lives every day.” —Katrina Mayer
24. “If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is ‘Thank you’, it will be enough.” —Meister Eckhart
25. “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” —John F. Kennedy
26. “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is though everything is a miracle.” —Albert Einstein
27. “Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.” —William Arthur Ward
28. “We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.” —Thorton Wilder
29. “Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds.” —Theodore Roosevelt
30. “A moment of gratitude makes a difference in your attitude.” —Bruce Wilkinson
31. “Gratitude paints little smiley faces on everything it touches.” —Richelle E. Goodrich
32. “Acknowledging the good that is already in your life is the foundation for all abundance.” —Eckhart Tolle
33. “Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.” —Ernest Hemingway
34. “Be thankful for what you have. Your life is someone else’s fairy tale.” —Wale Ayeni
35. “I started out giving thanks for small things, and the more thankful I became, the more my bounty increased.” —Oprah
36. “This is how we go on: one day a time, one meal at a time, one pain at a time, one breath at a time.” —Stephen King
37. “The thankful receiver bears a plentiful harvest.” —William Blake
38. “If you have enough breath to complain about anything, you have more than enough reason to give thanks about something.” —Mattie Stepanek
39. “Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving.” —W. T. Purkiser
40. “Although Thanksgiving comes but once a year, every day should be a day of Thanks.” —Monique Hammond
41. “We should certainly count our blessings, but we should also make our blessings count.” —Neal A. Maxwell
42. “It is not joy that makes us grateful; it is gratitude that makes us joyful.” —David Steindl-Rast
43. The roots of all goodness lie in the soil of appreciation for goodness.” —Dalai Lama
44. “Pride slays thanksgiving, but a humble mind is the soil out of which thanks naturally grows. A proud man is seldom a grateful man, for he never thinks he gets as much as he deserves.” —Henry Ward Beecher
45. “Thanksgiving reminds us that no matter what befalls us in life, we can take the charred remnants and we can reconstruct a life unimaginably richer than that from which the shards and pieces fell.” —Craig D. Lounsbrough
46. “When asked if my cup is half-full or half-empty, my only response is that I am thankful I have a cup.” —Sam Lefkowitz
47. “Thankfulness is measured by the number of words. Gratitude is measured by the nature of our actions.” —David O. McKay
48. “Family gathers to share good noise and good food. Gratitude abounds.” —Richelle E. Goodrich
49. “Preparing and serving food had always been a joy, for it made her appreciate the abundance of the world.” —Elizabeth Camden
50. “Overeating at Thanksgiving is a case in point. It’s a national tradition.” —Eric Samuel Timm
51. “Once you start practicing being grateful and thankful for things, people, and events, you may notice that you start to attract more positive things, people, and events in your life.” —Stephanie Conkle
52. “Thanks are the highest form of thought, and gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.” —G.K. Chesterton
53. “Gratitude opens the door, the power, the wisdom, the creativity of the universe. You open the door through gratitude.” —Deepak Chopra
54. “Even in the trials of life, if we have eyes to see them, we can find good things everywhere we look.” —Joanna Gaines
55. “Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.” —Voltaire
56. “Gratitude is a divine emotion: it fills the heart, but not to bursting; it warms it, but not to fever.”
57. “The heart that gives thanks is a happy one, for we cannot feel thankful and unhappy at the same time.” —Douglas Wood
58. “When it comes to life the critical thing is whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude.” —Gilbert Chesterton
59. “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” —William Arthur Ward
60. “Small cheer and great welcome makes a merry feast.” —William Shakespeare
61. “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” —Oprah Winfrey
If you have a home, a family and friends then you already have so much to be thankful for because many people re not so fortunate. Instead of focussing all of your attention on the things you don’t have, try taking a moment to think about all of the things that you do have. Everything that you have right now is something to be thankful for. There is always going to be someone out there who is less fortunate than you. Be thankful for all of the things that you have right now.
62. “Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow.” — Melody Beattie
It is important to learn how to practice gratitude in life. If you figure out how to practice gratitude in all of the things you do, you will find that you have so much to be thankful for. There is so much beauty in this world and so many things that we can be thankful for. All it takes is an open mind and an open heart to accept that everything in our lives is something that we can be thankful for, because people are often less fortunate than we are.
63. “Appreciation can change a day, even change a life. Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary.” —Margaret Cousins
If you find that you are particularly thankful for something or someone then be sure to let them know. One of the best feelings in the world is feeling appreciated. So if you feel gratitude for the actions of someone else, make sure you let them know the you have noticed their effort and that you’re grateful for them, because you’ll make them incredibly happy. You could make someone’s whole day just with those two words – “thank you”.
64. “Give thanks not just on Thanksgiving Day, but every day of your life. Appreciate and never take for granted all that you have.” —Catherine Pulsifer
Although Thanksgiving is a great time of year for reminding people of everything that they have to be thankful for, it is important that we remember to remain thankful every day. We all have things that we can be thankful for every single day. Try taking a moment each day to stop and think of all the things that you have to be thankful for. This is important because many people on this earth are not as fortunate as we are.
65. “Thanksgiving is the holiday of peace, the celebration of work and the simple life… a true folk-festival that speaks the poetry of the turn of the seasons, the beauty of seedtime and harvest, the ripe product of the year — and the deep, deep connection of all these things with God.” —Ray Stannard Baker
This is a great happy Thanksgiving quote because it acts as a true reminder of what Thanksgiving is really all about. Thanksgiving is more than just a holiday to get together and share a meal with family. It has a deeper meaning that involves a spiritual connection with God. So, it is the day to be thankful for all things in our lives, big and small.
66. “What I love about Thanksgiving is that it’s purely about getting together with friends or family and enjoying food. It’s really for everybody, and it doesn’t matter where you’re from.” —Daniel Humm
This quote is completely true because Thanksgiving can be celebrated by every single American. Thus, it doesn’t matter where they are, where they came from or who they are – Thanksgiving is universal and can be celebrated by anyone. Every single person on this earth, despite their background, has something to be thankful for. So, Thanksgiving is the day to remember that and show your gratitude for everything great in your life.
67. “Thanksgiving is one of my favorite days of the year because it reminds us to give thanks and to count our blessings. Suddenly, so many things become so little when we realize how blessed and lucky we are.” —Joyce Giraud
When you really step back and take the time to think about all of the things in your life that you have to be thankful for, all of the petty problems that you’re currently facing seem so small. There are so many great things to be celebrated, that the little problems seem like nothing. This is because positivity should always come before negativity. Focus on the positives and the negatives won’t matter anymore because they’re insignificant in comparison.
68. “Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.” —Charles Dickens
Instead of focussing on all of the negatives in your life and in your past like many of us do, Thanksgiving is a time to focus on all of the positives that we currently have. Think about every great thing that you currently have in your life and see how much better your mood becomes when you realise how many things you have to be thankful for. It is important to focus on the positives because this helps us realise how much we actually have to be thankful for, despite all of the bad things that happen in our lives.
69. “The more we express thanks, the more gratitude we feel. The more gratitude we feel, the more we express thanks. It’s circular, and it leads to a happier life.” —Steve Goodier
Thankfulness and gratitude are two of the greatest things in life for making us feel happier and more content. We ways have something to be thankful for, and when we show our gratitude towards those things or those people, we will lift our own moods as well as the moods of those around us.
70. “Thanksgiving just gets me all warm and tingly and all kinds of wonderful inside.” —Willard Scott
So, this is exactly how Thanksgiving should make you feel. When you think about everything that you’re thankful for. So, when you think about the time you’re going to spend with your family. When you think about the beautiful thanksgiving dinner that you’re going to be eating. Also, all of the aspects of Thanksgiving should give you that tingly and wonderful feeling inside.
71. “My most memorable meal is every Thanksgiving. I love the food: the turkey and stuffing; the sweet potatoes and rice, which come from my mother’s Southern heritage; the mashed potatoes, which come from my wife’s Midwestern roots; the Campbell’s green-bean casserole; and of course, pumpkin pie.” —Douglas Conant
Thanksgiving is all about traditions, and that includes the food. So, many families will celebrate by cooking family recipes that stay within the family and are passed down through generations. This makes Thanksgiving feel even more wholesome and is often why people look forward to their Thanksgiving meal so much all year – because it features recipes that are often only cooked on this day.
72. “Thanksgiving is America’s favorite holiday because it’s a time when we put aside our cares, much as the struggling Pilgrims did nearly four centuries ago, and eat a gut-busting meal without worrying about the ‘out years.’” —David Ignatius
So, thanksgiving is a day for forgetting about all of the worries and stresses of our regular daily lives. Instead it’s a day of celebrating with our families and celebrating all of the good things in our lives. Plus, Thanksgiving is also about eating a fabulous meal. What could be better than that?
We hope that you enjoyed our list of Happy Thanksgiving quotes.
Did you enjoy this list of happy Thanksgiving quotes? Perhaps you have some happy Thanksgiving quotes of your own that you think should be on this list? Or maybe you have some Thanksgiving stories that you would like to share with us? We would love to hear them! So, please leave a comment in the comment section below this article.
If you enjoyed this article or know someone who may benefit from reading it then please be sure to give it a share!
Related Article: 72 Inspirational Thanksgiving Quotes with Happy Images
Martha lives in the Bay Area and is a dedicated reader of romance novels. She runs a yoga studio and taught yoga for many years. She always says that yoga fuels her writing. She’s also a vegetarian and advocate for living a healthy life. Martha has been writing for us for a while now, giving readers a glimpse into her lifestyle and work.
Leave a Reply