The American Dream is an ideal for which many people strive.
It consists of the right for each person to pursue his or her idea of happiness. That can be in terms of freedom, career, family and success. The American dream is a feeling of fulfilment that many people believe can only be achieved in the United States of America. This American dream is one that is not come across by chance, but it comes form fighting long and hard to achieve it. We have created this list of ten amazing American dream quotes which should make you feel motivated and open your eyes up to what the American dream actually is and how people attempt to achieve it. We hope you enjoy this list and we would love to hear your thoughts in the comment section below this article.
A Bit About American Dream Quotes
The American dream is something that many people from all over the world spend their whole lives trying to achieve. Some people go to great strengths and tackle many obstacles to try to achieve the American dream. These American dream quotes are perfect for hovering the people who fight hard to achieve the American dream.
What is the American Dream?
According to investopedia.com, The American Dream is the belief that anyone, regardless of where they were born or what class they were born into, can attain their own version of success in a society where upward mobility is possible for everyone. The American Dream is achieved through sacrifice, risk-taking and hard work, not by chance.
What can we glean from American Dream quotes?
These quotes should teach you a little bit about the American dream and why it is so important to some people. It should also give you a sense of pride and patriotism, particularly if you are a resident of the United States of America. These quotes have been specially selected by us as ten of the best American dream quotes we could find from various sources and should offer a lot of wisdom.
Ten Amazing American Dream Quotes
Following is our list of ten amazing American dream quotes which we have hand selected just for you. We hope that you enjoy this list of quotes and we would love to hear your thoughts on them in the comments section below this article.
1. The road to success is not easy to navigate, but with hard work, drive and passion, it’s possible to achieve the American dream. – Tommy Hilfiger
The American dream is not at all easy to achieve. It is a massive struggle and anyone who tries to achieve the American dream is going to experience setbacks and challenges along the way. The key to succeeding in achieving the American dream is continuing to push through towards that end goal, despite any obstacles that get in the way. This is the same with following any dream in life – we must let let obstacles get in our way and defeat our determination to succeed in getting everything we want out of life.
2. The American Dream is that any man or woman, despite of his or her background, can change their circumstances and rise as high as they are willing to work. – Fabrizio Moreira
The American dream is open to anyone. It doesn’t matter what background you come from, where you come from, or who you are, everyone has the right to chase the American dream. Not everyone will succeed, however everyone has an opportunity to chase that dream. All it takes is hard work and dedication and with those two things, anything is possible.
3. The American dream comes from opportunity. The opportunity comes from our founding principles, our core values that’s held together and protected by the Constitution. Those ideas are neither Republican, Democrat, conservative, liberal, white, or black. Those are American ideologies. – Ted Yoho
Every American is born equal. It doesn’t matter your political background or where you come from. If you are an American, then you have been born into what is believed to be the greatest country in the world and that alone is something to be proud of. You have been given a better opportunity than others to go after and chase that American dream in the homeland.
4. We need to remain a nation that doesn’t just welcome but that celebrates legal immigrants who come here seeking to pursue the American Dream. _ Ted Cruz
If people are looking to join America to achieve the American dream then those people have something of value to add to the United States. If someone is determined enough to fight hard to join a country that is so hard to get into, then that person should be celebrated. That determination to achieve the American dream is what makes that person great. To have someone in the country who is willing to work hard and add value is a great thing and should indeed be celebrated.
5. The American Dream is a term that is often used but also often misunderstood. It isn’t really about becoming rich or famous. It is about things much simpler and more fundamental than that. – Marco Rubio
The American dream is simply about finding success in your own eyes. Success and happiness are both different for every single person on this earth. What makes one person happy may not necessarily make someone else happy and what one person considers to be successful may not seem successful to someone else. When someone sets out to achieve the American dream, they have their own mindset of what that American dream is, and that can be a different thing for every single person that is out there chasing that dream.
6. To me, the American Dream is being able to follow your own personal calling. To be able to do what you want to do is incredible freedom. – Maya Lin
Many people believe the American dream to be the ultimate freedom that the United States has to offer. People are free to think up and pursue their own dreams and that is a wonderful thing. For many, the American dream is simply having that opportunity to go after and chase your own goals. Freedom is what makes the United States of America such a great place.
7. The American Dream is still alive out there, and hard work will get you there. You don’t necessarily need to have an Ivy League education or to have millions of dollars startup money. It can be done with an idea, hard work and determination. – Bill Rancic
The American dream is not fuelled by huge amounts of money, or fancy college degrees. It is simply fuelled by our ambition and drive to succeed. If you set your mind to something and never give up, you will eventually achieve the American dream. It’s just a matter of finding your calling and working ridiculously hard until to achieve all of your hopes and dreams.
8. In the end, the American dream is not a sprint, or even a marathon, but a relay. Our families don’t always cross the finish line in the span of one generation. But each generation passes on to the next the fruits of their labor. – Julian Castro
For many, family is what drives people towards trying to achieve the American dream. Family is incredibly important to everyone. Everyone wants what’s best for their families, and attempting to achieve the American dream is often what is best for some families. Sometimes people will create stepping stones along the way to achieving the American dream, which the rest of the family then pick up and continue when that person’s time on earth is up.
9. The American dream, to me, means having the opportunity to achieve, because I don’t think you should be guaranteed anything other than opportunity. – Lenny Wilkens
Everybody in America is born with the opportunity to succeed. The key to actually achieving that success and to pursuing and achieving the American dream is putting your mind to something and setting out to succeed in that thing no matter what it takes. There will always be obstacles along the way, but as long as you stay determined to pursuing your goals and dreams, then there really isn’t anything that can stop you from succeeding.
10. The American Dream I believe in is one that provides anyone willing to work hard enough with the opportunity to succeed. – Tammy Duckworth
This is a great quote to end out American dream quotes list. Success comes to those who are willing to work hard enough for it. America offers people with equal opportunities to succeed. However, the only people who will actually succeed are the ones who will put their mind to a goal and pursue it at all costs. These people who are completely dedicate to achieving their goals are the ones who will successfully achieve the American dream.
We hope you enjoyed this list of American dream quotes.
Did you enjoy this list of American dream quotes? Perhaps you have some American dream quotes of your own that you think should be on this list? Or maybe you have some American dream stories that you would like to share with us? We would love to hear them! Please leave a comment in the comment section below this article.
If you enjoyed this article or know someone who may benefit from reading it then please be sure to give it a share!
Related Article: Michelle Obama Quotes That Will Enourage You to Dream Bigger
Anna works as a full-time writer and editor and has devoted the last ten years of her career to assisting readers in improving their perspective on life. She is a Cultural Studies graduate and now contributes to Good Morning Quotes by sharing her traveling experiences and social knowledge with our readers. When she is not typing up her next article, Anna enjoys spending time with friends, visiting new places, and supporting a healthy lifestyle.
Leave a Reply