Bruce Lee was a famous martial artist, actor and philosopher.
We have curated a list of fifteen famous Bruce Lee quotes that really emphasize what a great person he was because Bruce Lee was incredibly inspiring. These quotes highlight his respect for humanity as well as his desire for everyone to achieve person growth through self-reflection. When reading these Bruce Lee quotes, you should feel happy, inspired and motivated to live a great life which is what everyone should strive for. You should feel inspired to respect yourself and others, as well as feeling motivated to grow personally because every person on this earth deserves to grow as a person.
A Bit About Bruce Lee Quotes
Bruce Lee is still very well quoted even today because some of his words are truly inspiring and motivating. The list we have curated here of fifteen Bruce Lee quotes feature fifteen of the best and most inspiring Bruce Lee quotes we could find.
Who is Bruce Lee?
According to brucelee.com, Bruce Lee was a famous martial artist, movie star and cultural icon but his philosophy has caught fire around the world with a new generation seeking meaning and consciousness. He continues to teach us how to cultivate our truest selves and be in harmony with the world through Bruce Lee quotes.
What is he best known for?
According to biography.com, Bruce Lee was a revered martial artist, actor and filmmaker known for movies like ‘Fists of Fury’ and ‘Enter the Dragon,’ and the technique Jeet Kune Do. It is from these experiences and accolades that these Bruce Lee quotes arise.
Our List of Bruce Lee Quotes
Following is our list of Bruce Lee quotes that will motivate and inspire you to be a good person. This is because being a good person is something we should all strive to do. These quotes are great for making your feel positive and inspired.
1. “Ever since I was a child I have had this instinctive urge for expansion and growth. To me, the function and duty of a quality human being is the sincere and honest development of one’s potential.”
We should all aspire to grow into better people because there are not enough good people in this world. The best qualities of a human is the want and need to grow and expand your personality and become a better person. This is something that we should all learn as children. The want and need to aspire to be better and develop ourselves. is a key facet of Bruce Lee quotes.
2. “I am learning to understand rather than immediately judge or to be judged. I cannot blindly follow the crowd and accept their approach. I will not allow myself to indulge in the usual manipulating game of role creation. Fortunately for me, my self-knowledge has transcended that and I have come to understand that life is best to be lived and not to be conceptualized. I am happy because I am growing daily and I am honestly not knowing where the limit lies. To be certain, every day there can be a revelation or a new discovery. I treasure the memory of the past misfortunes. It has added more to my bank of fortitude.”
We should never be too quick to judge people because everyone has their own issues. It is important to learn the whole truth about a person before placing any judgements. It’s impossible to fully know what is going on in a person’s life. There are many things that go on behind closed doors that no-one else knows about, so therefore judging people is not right.
3. “If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done. Make at least one definite move daily toward your goal.”
Thinking about things isn’t doing a thing. It’s important to always know what you want, but instead of thinking and dreaming that thing, it is always important to take steps towards achieving that thing. It doesn’t matter how small of a step you take towards your goal every day, a step forward in the right direction is always better than no steps at all.
4. “Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves. Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”
We all come across challenges that get in our way when we move towards our goals, however it’s important to remember that every challenge can be overcome because nothing is impossible. It doesn’t matter what the issue is, there will always be a way to change your path and fix whatever it is that is getting in the way of you achieving your dreams. The key is learning to adapt to the challenges that get our way, and learning to find a way around them.
5. “Choose the positive. You have choice, you are master of your attitude, choose the positive, the constructive. Optimism is a faith that leads to success.”
We all have a choice in life, however the best path to choose is positivity. Every person on this earth has the ability to make their own choices and so we should all choose to go down a positive path. If we act positively, then our lives will become more positive because that positive energy that you put into the world will come back at you. When you put positive vibes out in to the world, those positive vibes will always bounce and find their way back to you.
6. “If you want to learn to swim jump into the water. On dry land no frame of mind is ever going to help you.”
No matter what your dream or goal is, you need to jump right in and go ahead with trying to achieve it because otherwise you might let it slip away. You’re never going to succeed in achieving everything you want if you don’t jump right in and make an effort towards achieving your dreams. Everyone has something they want out of life, and the only way to get there is by going ahead and trying. Make that effort today towards achieving your dreams.
7. “To spend time is to pass it in a specified manner. To waste time is to expend it thoughtlessly or carelessly. We all have time to either spend or waste and it is our decision what to do with it. But once passed, it is gone forever.”
Every single person on this earth only has one life to live. We all only get one shot at life so it’s important to use our time carefully because we never know how long we have left. Once a moment has passed, it’s gone forever. This is something that I think a lot of people forget. It is so important to savour every moment because you never know what will happen in the future or how long you have left. It’s so important to make the most of the time you have. Grasp life and live positively. Do the things you love and use your time on this earth to have fun and live your life to the fullest.
8. “Reality is apparent when one ceases to compare. There is “what is” only when there is no comparison at all, and to live with what is, is to be peaceful.”
In this day and age, with social media being so apparent, it can be so easy to compare ourselves to others because we see so much of the good parts of other peoples lives. However, it is important to remember that your life is your own and you should never compare it to someone else’s life. Everyone has different dreams and goals and every person’s life moves at a different pace. This is because we are all unique. The most important thing to remember is that you are your own, and your life is yours, so it you should never compare it to the life of someone else.
9. “It’s not the daily increase but daily decrease. Hack away at the unessential.”
It is essential in this life to constantly re-evaluate and remove any negativity that you find. There is always going to be something that is bringing negativity into your life because that’s just the way life is. We can’t expect everything to be perfect all of the time. It is important to always strive to remove those negative impacts and focus purely on the positives because a positive mind will always result in a positive life.
10. “If you always put limits on what you can do, physical or anything else, it’ll spread over into the rest of your life. It’ll spread into your work, into your morality, into your entire being. There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level.”
As humans, we are unstoppable. When we put our minds to something, there really isn’t anything we can’t achieve because as humans we are strong and always capable of great things. We should never limit ourselves. Life is limitless, and we should always remember that. Never give in to limits because limits should never exist. It is always possible to do better and go further than you know because you’re stronger and more able than you know.
11. “If you love life, don’t waste time, for time is what life is made up of.” -Bruce Lee
Time is precious and so we should never waste time because we all only get one shot at life. It’s important to make the most of the time we have on this earth, as everyone knows life is short. Life is made up of many small moments in time, and these moments are what makes life great. A life where you feel no time has been wasted is in fact a great life indeed because that means that all of your life moments have been great ones.
12. “Defeat is a state of mind; No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality.”
You are only ever defeated if you allow it. Although you may feel like you have lost at something, the key is learning to never give up because giving up should never feel like an option. If you keep getting up and continuing along the same path towards success, then you will never feel defeated because you will always continue along the right path towards achieving everything you want.
13. “Do not allow negative thoughts to enter your mind for they are the weeds that strangle confidence.”
There is always going to be negativity in the world, however it is our choice if we let it affect us. The best way to avoid negativity is to keep the negative thoughts at bay because negative thoughts equal a negative mind. Instead of allowing those negative thoughts to enter and stay in our brains, we should instead choose to focus our energy on positivity. Filling your brain with positive thoughts is always going to have a better outcome than allowing negative thoughts take over.
14. “It is not a shame to be knocked down by other people. The important thing is to ask when you’re being knocked down, ‘Why am I being knocked down?’ If a person can reflect in this way, then there is hope for this person.”
It is important to realise why you’re being knocked down so that you can learn how to get back up again and come out stronger on the other side. It’s also always important to look back and reflect on every set back so that you know how to avoid such set backs in the future. Evaluate why you’re being knocked down and you’ll definitely learn to continue on stronger than ever afterwards.
15. “Be happy, but never satisfied.” -Bruce Lee
Everybody on this earth deserves to be happy because every person on this earth only gets one life. There is a difference between being happy and being satisfied. If you allow yourself to feel satisfied, then you will never go out and try to achieve anything else. Instead, you should always be striving for greater things. There is always something better out there, and there is always something else that you can achieve in life. The key is just keeping your eyes open and allowing yourself to grow. These Bruce Lee quotes will certainly catalyze growth.
Did you enjoy this list of Bruce Lee quotes?
What did you think of this list of fifteen Bruce Lee quotes? Do you know any other Bruce Lee quotes that you think should be added to this list? We would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave us a comment in the comment section below.
If you enjoyed this article or if you know someone who may enjoy a few Bruce Lee quotes, then please do be sure to give it a share!
Related Article: How To Inspire Others: The Ultimate Feel Good Guide
Martha lives in the Bay Area and is a dedicated reader of romance novels. She runs a yoga studio and taught yoga for many years. She always says that yoga fuels her writing. She’s also a vegetarian and advocate for living a healthy life. Martha has been writing for us for a while now, giving readers a glimpse into her lifestyle and work.