Sacrifice is a certain characteristic that we can find in people who are unselfish and gentle. When you love somebody deeply, you would not mind giving up the things that are important to you just to make them happy. These sacrifice quotes will help you realize the true meaning of giving up your interest for the sake of other people’s happiness. In this article, we will explore some of the most popular sacrifice quotes. These love sacrifice quotes and sacrifice for success quotes will help you understand the actual meaning of sacrifice.
If you are willing to make some sacrifices, then you can achieve success.
Quotes About Sacrifice
Sacrifice quotes are all about abandoning something valuable to obtain something more precious, for instance, a significant relationship or a worthwhile cause. A good example would be a mom who is willing to give up her career for her family. The level of your success will greatly depend on how far you are going to your sacrifice. With this being said, we have to practice altruism. Being altruistic is not something that is very easy to do. Giving up your right for the sake of others requires so much love and humility. But if we are, we will realize that so much is gained when we give more.
What is sacrifice?
We often heard the word “sacrifice” in religious contexts. It is often associated with the act of offering something valuable to a god or goddess. Aside from religious beliefs, the word “sacrifice” is also commonly used in romantic contexts. People who have a great love for each other do not mind making a few sacrifices. Sometimes this means giving up something for the good of a relationship or our partner. Other times, compromise can involve some form of sacrifice. It might sound absurd, but it is definitely worth it!
When is the sacrifice needed?
Sacrifice is needed in every intimate relationship. When you truly love a person, then you must be willing to do some sacrifices. The reality is, that you and your partner can become happier if both of you will make sacrifices for your relationship to work out. Most often, the sacrifice that you will make entirely affects your life. For instance, if you choose to transfer to another state so you can be closer to your partner. On the other hand, there are also minor sacrifices that you can do. For instance, rather than watching a comedy movie, you decide to watch an action movie since this is what your partner wants.
What can we glean from sacrifice quotes?
Sacrifice quotes are all about the sacrifices you made for the person you love. Sometimes you make sacrifices so you can succeed. Likewise, you also make sacrifices for your loved ones because you do not want to see them suffer. We want to see them happy and relieved from their pain. It sometimes makes me think why in any form of love, there are always sacrifices that we have to make. It made me to the conclusion that the best thing that we could ve give as a form of love to people is ourselves. Although material things are nice, it is incomparable when we become selfless for the sake of others. Denying one’s self is the greatest expression of love.
The Top Forty Ultimate Sacrifice Quotes
If you want to be happy and successful in your life, then you need to make sacrifices. It can help you grow as a person. To have a healthy relationship, both parties must do a bit of sacrifice. So what are the things that you are willing to give up? May this bring hope and inspiration to your heart.
1. Sacrifice Quotes: “Don’t consider your sacrifices as real ones if you brag about them all the time.”
2. “The prime quality of true love is it doesn’t seek revenge. Love sacrifices itself for the betterment of others.”
3. “If people understand what they are missing by not giving, they would make innumerable sacrifices in no time.”
4. “You can sacrifice and not love. But you cannot love and not sacrifice.” —Kris Vallotton
5. “It is the best thing, believing there are people like you who put their welfare lastly too.”
6. “There is nothing that love cannot achieve, and there is nothing that love cannot sacrifice.” —Meher Baba
7. “The best type of sacrifice is that which does not ask for anything, someone willing to sacrifice all that he is and all that he has without any questions asked.”
8. “There is no moral authority like that of sacrifice.” —Nadine Gordimer
9. “Sometimes, you have to let go of things to ensure they don’t become the obstruction in your path. Sometimes, making sacrifices is immensely valuable.”
10. “Never do a wrong thing to make a friend or keep one; the man who requires you to do so is dearly purchased at a sacrifice.” —Robert E. Lee
11. “It is essential to be able to sacrifice yourself and know when to make it.”
12. “A noble purpose inspires sacrifice, stimulates innovation and encourages perseverance.” —Gary Hamel
13. “Love sacrifices all things to bless the thing it loves.” —Edward Bulwer-Lytton
14. “People sacrifice the present for the future. But life is available only in the present. That is why we should walk in such a way that every step can bring us to the here and the now.” —Thich Nhat Hanh
15. “The greatest of follies is to sacrifice health for any other kind of happiness.” —Arthur Schopenhauer
16. “Love doesn’t please itself by seeking revenge. Love sacrifices itself for the good of others.” —Kerrelyn Sparks
17. “You have to fight to reach your dream. You have to sacrifice and work hard for it.” —Lionel Messi
18. “Great achievement is usually born of great sacrifice, and is never the result of selfishness.” —Napoleon Hill
19. “I think that the good and the great are only separated by the willingness to sacrifice.” —Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
20. “Life is only a long and bitter suicide, and faith alone can transform this suicide into a sacrifice.” —Franz Liszt
21. “Teamwork requires some sacrifice up front; people who work as a team have to put the collective needs of the group ahead of their individual interests.” —Patrick Lencioni
22. “A sage or real intellectual finds more happiness in giving or sacrificing rather than taking things from the society.”
23. “A person shouldn’t make sacrifices that are bound to bring misery in the lives of others. Real sacrifices induce light in everyone’s life and make the world a better place.”
24. “Sacrifice: If you want something you’ve never had, you must be willing to do something you’ve never done.”
25. “One-half of knowing what you want is knowing what you must give up before you get it.” —Sidney Howard
26. “Sacrifice is a part of life. It’s supposed to be. It’s not something to regret. It’s something to aspire to.” —Mitch Albom
27. “Let the rest do whatever, while you do whatever it takes.” —Grant Cardone
28. “Peace demands the most heroic labor and the most difficult sacrifice.” —Thomas Merton
29. “There is no true success without sacrifice.”
30. “In some way, suffering ceases to be suffering at the moment it finds meaning, such as the meaning of sacrifice.” — Victor Frankl
31. “A gentleman is one who puts more into the world than he takes out.” —George Bernard Shaw
32. “Gentleness, self-sacrifice, and generosity are the exclusive possession of no one race or religion.” ―Mahatma Gandhi
33. “Follow your passion, be prepared to work hard and sacrifice, and, above all, don’t let anyone limit your dreams.” ―Donovan Bailey
34. “Let us sacrifice one day in order to gain our whole lives, perhaps.” ―Victor Hugo
35. “It’s what you let go of that determines how high you fly.”
36. “Love without sacrifice is like theft.” ―Nassim Nicholas Taleb
37. “Sacrifices we make for others and that others make for us, result in blessings for all.” ―Taylor G. Godoy
38. “When you make the sacrifice in marriage, you’re sacrificing not to each other but to unity in a relationship.” ―Joseph Campbell
39. “Men who fear to make the sacrifice of love will have to fight.” —Toyohiko Kagawa
40. “You can never cross the ocean unless you lose sight of the shore.”
41. “The sun loved the moon so much, it died every night to let her breathe.”
42. “Power means happiness; power means hard work and sacrifice.” —Beyonce Knowles
43. “Love is not a feeling of happiness. Love is a willingness to sacrifice.” ―Michael Novak
44. “I would rather be alone with dignity than in a relationship that requires me to sacrifice my self-respect.” ―Mandy Hale
45. “You don’t have to do everything for someone; just do enough to make them feel you are their everything.” ―Ridge Kimani
46. “Sacrifice does not mean the rejection of the worthless, but of the precious.” ― Ayn Rand
47. “If you are not willing to risk the usual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.” ―Jim Rohn
48. “To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.” —Steve Prefontaine
49. “I’m willing to walk in darkness if it keeps humans in the light.” —Victoria Schwab
50. “We don’t have to sacrifice a strong economy for a healthy environment.” —Dennis Weaver
51. “You can’t achieve anything in life without a small amount of sacrifice.” —Shakira
52. “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” —Edmund Burke
53. “One life is all we have and we live it as we believe in living it. But to sacrifice what you are and to live without belief, that is a fate more terrible than dying.” —Joan of Arc
54. “A team will always appreciate a great individual if he’s willing to sacrifice for the group.” —Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
55. “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” —Albert Pike
56. “Dreams do come true, if we only wish hard enough. You can have anything in life if you will sacrifice everything else for it.” —James M. Barrie
57. “Brotherhood means laying down your life for somebody, really willing to sacrifice yourself for somebody else.” —Tim Hetherington
58. “The idea of redemption is always good news, even if it means sacrifice or some difficult times.” —Patti Smith
59. “There is no decision that we can make that doesn’t come with some sort of balance or sacrifice.” —Simon Sinek
60. “Sweat plus sacrifice equals success.” —Charlie Finley
61. “The speed of your success is limited only by your dedication and what you’re willing to sacrifice.”
62. “Great leaders are willing to sacrifice the numbers to save the people. Poor leaders sacrifice the people to save the numbers.” —Simon Sinek
63. “The most sublime act is to set another before you.” —William Blake
64. “Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them.” —Dalai Lama
65. “Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.” —Jonathan Swift
66. “There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up.” —John Holmes
67. “Real education should educate us out of self into something far finer; into a selflessness which links us with all humanity.” —Nancy Astor
68. “Selfless action is a source of strength.” —Mahatma Gandhi
69. “Desire is the root of selfishness; clear your heart of desire and be selfless. Selflessness is the key to inner peace.” —Christofer Drew
70. “Every unselfish act of love whispers God’s name.” —Bob Goff
71. “Selfless giving does not imply superiority. Selfless giving is about love.” —Frederick Lenz
72. “The fragrance always stays in the hand that gives the rose.” —Hada Bejar
73. “Love seeks one thing only: the good of the one loved.” —Thomas Merton
74. “Nothing liberates our greatness like the desire to help, the desire to serve.” —Marianne Williamson
75. “By becoming the answer to someone’s prayer, we often find the answers to our own.” —Dieter F. Uchtdorf
76. “Only those who have learned the power of sincere and selfless contribution experience life’s deepest joy: true fulfillment.” —Tony Robbins
77. “I cannot do all the good that the world needs. But the world needs all the good that I can do.” —Jana Stanfield
78. “Do some selfless service for people who are in need. Consider the whole picture, not just our little selves.” —Nina Hagen
79. “A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.” —James Keller
80. “It is under the greatest adversity that there exists the greatest potential for doing good, both for oneself and others.” —Dalai Lama
81. “No one has ever become poor by giving.” —Anne Frank
82. “There is nothing more beautiful than someone who goes out of their way to make life beautiful for others.” —Mandy Hale
83. “Behold I do not give lectures or a little charity. When I give I give myself.” —Walt Whitman
84. “No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” —Charles Dickens
85. “Day after day, ordinary people become heroes through extraordinary and selfless actions.” —Sylvia Mathews Burwell
86. “Witnessing a selfless act brings tears to remind us how we should be treating others.” —Bryant McGill
87. “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?'” —Martin Luther King Jr.
88. “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?'” —Martin Luther King Jr.
89. “Life is an exciting business, and most exciting when it is lived for others.” —Helen Keller
90. “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.” —Robert Louis Stevenson
91. “I guess that’s just part of loving people: You have to give things up. Sometimes you even have to give them up.” – Lauren Oliver
They say that they love you. But why? Perhaps, they like your looks or the attention that you give them. But these things are not all about you at all. Well, it’s because they do not know you at all. Some people have the wrong concept of what true love means. Love is just not a feeling. Love is not all about thinking about someone throughout the day. The truth is, this is just infatuation. It’s interesting but it’s not love.
True love involves sacrifice and pain, as noted by sacrifice quotes. Real love is the most beautiful thing in this world, especially if it is reciprocated. A person who loves you knows all the details about you even how small he is. This includes all the things that you don’t want anyone to know. Even if you make mistakes and hurt that person, they are still willing to forgive you. They would not judge you for the things that you do because they love you.
A person who loves you will not aspire to be perfect. They do not even like someone perfect. Each of us has our imperfections because we are just humans. All people are selfish in a certain way. However, a good person is willing to give his money, time, and effort to the person he loves. He wants to give them the best so they can be happier. When somebody loves you, they will love everything about you. This includes your strengths and weaknesses. True love is sacrifice.
92. “Sometimes when you sacrifice something precious, you’re not really losing it. You’re just passing it on to someone else.” —Mitch Albom
This is one of the most wonderful sacrifice quotes taken from the book “The Five People You Meet in Heaven” by Mitch Albom. In this book, the author narrates the story of Eddie, who sacrificed his life to save a little girl. Eddie worked in the carnival and met five people in heaven. One of them was his captain in the Vietnam army. It was the first time that Eddie knew that the captain died to save his life.
The captain explains to Eddie the importance of both of their sacrifices. He further clarifies that sacrifice is considered a part of life. Whether you’ve made big sacrifices or small sacrifices, this is not something that you should feel bitter about. Eddie asked the captain if he had any regrets about losing his life. The Captain replied, “That’s the thing. Sometimes when you sacrifice something precious, you’re not really losing it. You’re just passing it on to someone else.”
Sacrifices can always happen. This is not something that can be avoided. Negative things never cease to exist in our life. But the most important thing is we should not focus on them. If we do, then we might disregard the good ones. Regardless of what the circumstance is, the outcome will likely depend on your mindset and acknowledgment. A certain quote says, “Everything happens for a reason”. Sometimes the most essential things are those little things that we often disregard. To conquer difficulties, we must be thankful for these little things.
93. “True love is selfless. It is prepared to sacrifice.” —Sadhu Vaswani
Love is considered a profound emotion. It is not just about caring for somebody. Some people think that love is being obsessed with the person. Sometimes when you are in love, you feel selfish. You want to have everything. However, the reality is true love is selfless. When you truly love a person, you do not anticipate anything because you are not aspiring for anything from them. You will not be obsessed with that person because all you want is for them to be happy. True love is selfless since it does not ask for anything.
Since true love is selfless, then it does not demand anything. If the person you love keeps on demanding things from you, then they probably do not truly love you. Perhaps they might anticipate little things from you. However, they can never demand or force you to do something for them at any time. You don’t need to do their expectations. If the person’s love is genuine, then they should not expect too much from you. They should be ready to accept the things that you have provided them.
All you ever want is for them to be happy, even if it means doing a bit of sacrifice. If the love you feel is true and real, then all you ever want is to make that person happy. Even if it means being happy with somebody else. This might cause you pain, but still, it can make you happy knowing that the person you love is living a happy life. Sacrifice quotes embody this notion.
94. “It’s not hard to decide what you want your life to be about. What’s hard, she said, is figuring out what you’re willing to give up in order to do the things you really care about.” – Shauna Niequist
Sometimes you might think that you deserve all the great things in life since other people have them. However, you did not realize that these people worked hard and made great sacrifices to obtain those things. Are you willing to make the sacrifice? It is a fact that most people want to have a comfortable life. But it is illogical to expect the things that you want without earning them. You must understand that these valuable things are only given to the people who deserve them.
You might think that this concept only refers to material possessions. However, this is not always the case. Having a successful business, marriage, or friendship doesn’t just happen. They are the outcome of hard work and devotion. Also, you should be ready to make sacrifices if you want a successful life.
Keep in mind that you can’t accomplish the things that you want if you do not do some sacrifices. Any relationship, whether romantic or not, will require some kind of sacrifice to become successful. When you love someone, then you should be prepared to make some sacrifices. However, this does not imply that you should ignore your principles or forsake your needs.
In this life, we need to make some choices. You must choose the things you are willing to give up so you can obtain the things you want the most. If you do not want to make sacrifices, you will not get what you truly want. These sacrifice quotes remind us that sometimes, it’s a necessary part of life.
95. “The important thing is this: to be ready at any moment to sacrifice what you are for what you could become.” – Charles Dickens
You need to understand that everything in this world has a price. You cannot enjoy a comfortable life if you do not sacrifice something. And you can ask any successful person today, and they will tell you about the price they must pay. When it comes to success, there’s no alternative to sacrifice. Everyone wants to be successful. However, on your way to the top, there are some things that you should not risk. This includes your virtue, principles, and reputation.
Everyone is dreaming to be successful at something. Each of us has different goals. Some people want to learn new skills, write a book, or lose weight. No matter what you want, you should work hard for it. If you have tried your best and failed, you might think that success seems evasive. The best thing that you can do is to get up and try again. You can enjoy living the life that you want if you are willing to make a sacrifice to pay the price. If you continue exerting more effort, you can enjoy the best things in life.
There are a few people who are quite exceptional in what they do. This is because they desire to gain good results. When your ambition or goal drives you, you have to work hard. This is not a choice anymore, but it is already considered a necessity. Set a goal, work hard for it, then enjoy the fruits of your success. When you’ve achieved your goal, you’ll realize that these sacrifice quotes were right all along.
96. “He who would accomplish little must sacrifice little; he who would achieve much must sacrifice much; he who would attain highly must sacrifice greatly.” - James Allen
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart was one of the classical period’s most creative and powerful composers. When he was young, he already showed extraordinary talent. He was committed to becoming the greatest. His father was always there to guide him along the way. When Mozart was still 6, he trained for 3500 hours. He studied for 18 years in his chosen field. At the age of 21, Mozart had already written his Piano concerto No 9.
Each of us has a restriction on our time and energy. However, there are only a few people who are exceptional in more than one profession. The best thing to do is to chase the profession that can bring out the best in you. It is very important to remember that the cost of giving up is more enormous than the price of long-term accomplishment.
Is it good to be idle? People who are not doing anything will likely regret it later in their lives. Being idle is not an option. In most cases, the key to finding satisfaction in life is to do something valuable for yourself and others. On the other hand, some people prefer to have a miserable life. All they do is criticize the work of other people. Once you feel comfortable in your misery, then you won’t be able to discover your potential. You will prefer to have an easy life. To attain greatness, you need to push yourself. In the end, you will be rewarded for your efforts.
97. “Sometimes in life, you do things you don’t want to. Sometimes you sacrifice, sometimes you compromise. Sometimes you let go and sometimes you fight. It’s all about deciding what’s worth losing and what’s worth keeping.” – Lindy Zart
If you want to succeed in your profession, you should avoid shortcuts. Keep on hustling, so you can always win. Success is not for everyone. It’s only for those who dedicate their time and effort towards their goal. Always work hard and be wise all the time. However, try to understand that there are no guarantees. Life is full of risks and sacrifices. People who desire to have a comfortable life do not like risks. The reality is, that they opt for stability rather than boosting their potential. This is not good since it can make you miserable. You should never choose to settle just because you want to avoid the high price.
In reality, you cannot have anything by simply wishing for it. You cannot have an outcome without any action. Some people just want to play it safe. However, playing it safe is probably one of the biggest risks that you have taken in your life. Sacrifice quotes help you realize that you’ll have to go after what you want.
Learn to invest your important asset. Do you know that you have exactly 168 hours every week? Where should you invest this tremendous amount of time? You should not waste your valuable time. If you want to become a better person, you should do what you want. Find some time to do it. It’s not going to be easy but it’s possible. You have to make some sacrifices for it. If you are doing what you love to do, then you are quite lucky.
98. “There can be no progress, no achievement, without sacrifice, and a man’s worldly success will be in the measure that he sacrifices.” -James Allen
Regardless of what profession you choose, you can never be successful if you are not willing to make some sacrifices, whether it’s your pride, convenience, or protection. Your success will likely depend on your level of sacrifice. If you are aiming for huge success, then you must be ready to get out of your comfort zone. Sacrifice quotes are here to remind you of this fact.
If you are dreaming of building your empire, then you must allocate your time to worthy things such as reading, studying, researching, and trying out new things. However, you can’t possibly accomplish this if you don’t have enough determination. There’s no way that you can become successful if you do not make some sacrifices at all. For instance, if your goal is to have a well-toned body, then you should invest your time in working out. But you can never accomplish this if you are having an unhealthy diet. You should avoid eating junk food.
Your unwillingness to do some sacrifices might be the reason why you will not be able to experience a good and satisfying life. A person who dislikes his job will likely spend his time watching TV, sleeping, and going out with friends. There’s no one to blame but themselves. It seems that his sacrifice is only minimal. As a result, his level of success is also quite low.
Consequently, those people who are willing to do whatever it takes are likely the ones who can enjoy enormous growth and success. It does not matter if you started during the most difficult times of your life.
99. “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” – Pele
Pele understands that you can only achieve success if you work hard, persevere, learn, study, sacrifice, and most importantly, love what you do. As such, it’s one of the best sacrifice quotes.
Are you working hard? Do you believe that you can get anything you want by working hard? This is true, however, you must also try to work smartly. For instance, try to use your time wisely. Make sure that you can finish your tasks creatively. Some people are busy, yet they did not produce effective results. You should focus on a particular goal.
Perseverance is also another important factor that can contribute to your success. You mustn’t get easily discouraged by the hindrances that will come your way. When you persevere, you can continue to work hard on your goals because you would not let these difficulties stop you. Never quit, and always persevere to avoid any regrets.
What are the things that you haven’t learned? Be open and try to learn from others. You need to understand that there are some things that you need to learn. You can discover new things which you did not know before. Always remember that knowledge is power. You can use this power to work smartly to produce fruitful results.
Opportunities do not come so often. Hence, when they do, then you must be ready for them. You must study and try to apply what you’ve learned. In this way, you will always be prepared. Challenge yourself by putting your knowledge to the test.
100. “Let us sacrifice our today so that our children can have a better tomorrow.” – A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
Let us make some sacrifices today so we can create a bright future for the next generation. Now, we are living a good life because of other people’s sacrifices. Every generation must do some sacrifices, so the future generation can enjoy a better life. The future of the nation greatly depends on its people as well as their willingness to do sacrifices to achieve their dreams and goals. We should do our sacrifices today so the next generation can live a better life.
Every family needs to do some sacrifices. Right now we can live the way we want due to the sacrifices of our parents. Hence, we must make them happy. Let us make some sacrifices now to have a better nation for our future generations. Several leaders sacrificed their lives so we can have a better nation. Therefore, we must work hard for our nation. To develop ourselves, we must first develop our nation. Our nation can only develop if we would cooperate. Sacrifice quotes are a great reminder of this.
There is no shortcut to achieving success. If success is achieved through an easy route, then it won’t last long. Throughout history, several men have done sacrifices for the sake of their fellow men. Some of them give up everything for the sake of their cause and it made them feel immortal. One great example is President Nelson Mandela, who got imprisoned for 27 years defending his people from racial discrimination.
Which of these sacrifice quotes affected you the most?
Sacrifice quotes are all about giving up something for the sake of helping other people. Are you willing to make a sacrifice? If so, then what sacrifices are you willing to take? Please share it with us in the comments, we’d love to hear it.
If you enjoyed reading this article on sacrifice quotes, then please share it with others to inspire them to make some sacrifices for the sake of other people.
Related Article: 10 Perseverance Quotes To Keep You Motivated
Martha lives in the Bay Area and is a dedicated reader of romance novels. She runs a yoga studio and taught yoga for many years. She always says that yoga fuels her writing. She’s also a vegetarian and advocate for living a healthy life. Martha has been writing for us for a while now, giving readers a glimpse into her lifestyle and work.