Do you often find yourself struggling with self-doubt and low self-esteem? Do you wish you had more confidence in yourself and your abilities? If so, you’re not alone. Many of us struggle with self-love and self-acceptance, but the good news is that it’s never too late to start practicing self-love and building your self-confidence. And what better way to get started than by reading through some of the best inspirational self-love quotes out there? In this blog post, we’ve compiled a list of 97 of the most inspirational self love quotes to boost your self-confidence. So, grab a cup of coffee or tea, get cozy, and get ready to feel empowered and inspired!
Positive Self Love Quotes to start you day with
1. “Lend yourself to others, but give yourself to yourself.” — Michel de Montaigne
2. “You carry so much love in your heart. Give some to yourself.” – R.Z.
3. “There are no prerequisites to worthiness. You are born worthy.” Brene Brown
4. “Love yourself first because this is the person you are going to spend the rest of your life with.” —Paulo Coelho
5. “How you love yourself is how you teach others to love you.” —Rupi Kaur
6. “Make happiness your priority and be gentle with yourself in the process.” —Bronnie Ware
7. “Love yourself unconditionally, just as you love those closest to you despite their faults.” —Les Brown
8. “When you say ‘yes’ to others make sure you are not saying ‘no’ to yourself.” —Paulo Coelho
9. “People who love themselves, don’t hurt other people. The more we hate ourselves, the more we want others to suffer.” —Dan Pearce
10. “Never give up on anyone. And that includes not giving up on yourself.”
11. “Beauty begins the moment you decided to be yourself.” —Coco Chanel
12. “You can’t pour from an empty cup. Take care of yourself first.” Unknown
13. “Self-love is not selfish; you cannot truly love another until you know how to love yourself.” Unknown
14. “Be enough for yourself first. The rest of the world can wait.” Unknown
15. “Keep taking time for yourself until you’re you again.” —Lalah Delia
16. “If you don’t love yourself, nobody will. Not only that, you won’t be good at loving anyone else. Loving starts with the self.” —Wayne Dyer
17. “The greatest love that you could ever experience on earth is the one that only comes from you to you.” ―Edmond Mbiaka
18. “When admiring other people’s gardens, don’t forget to tend to your own flowers.” ―Sandbar Khan
19. “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” ―Thich Nhat Hanh
20. “Be very, very, very gentle with yourself. The world is very, very, very hard on you.” ―Srividya Srinivasan
21. “No other love, no matter how genuine it is, can fulfill one’s heart better than unconditional self-love.” —Edmond Mbiaka
22. “Keep watering yourself. You’re growing.” —E.Russell
23. “Love is the great miracle cure. Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives.” ―Louise L. Hay
24. “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” —Buddha
25. “Be so completely yourself that everyone else feels safe to be themselves, too.” Unknown
26. “Self-care is never a selfish act—it is simply good stewardship of the only gift I have, the gift I was put on earth to offer to others.” —Parker Palmer
27. “Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we’ll ever do.” —Brené Brown
28. “You deserve someone who makes you feel like the otherworldly creature you are. Yourself.” —Amanda Lovelace
29. “To fall in love with yourself is the first secret to happiness.” —Robert Morley
30. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” —Lucille Ball
31. “It took me a long time not to judge myself through someone else’s eyes” Sally Field
32. “You have to believe in yourself when no one else does – that makes you a winner right here.” Venus Williams
33. “Nobody will believe in you unless you believe in yourself.” Liberace
34. “Do not let people put you down. Believe in yourself and stand for yourself and trust yourself.” Jacob Neusner
35. In jealousy there is more of self-love, than of love to another. Francois De La Rochefoucauld
36. “I think everybody’s weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.” Johnny Depp
37. When a woman becomes her own best friend, life is easier. Diane Von Furstenberg
38. “You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the entire ocean in a drop.” Rumi
39. “Our first and last love is self love Christian Nestell Bovee
40. “We are each gifted in a unique and important way. It is our privilege and our adventure to discover our own special light. ― Mary Dunbar
41. To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance. Oscar Wilde
42. “To fall in love with yourself is the first secret to happiness.” Robert Morely
43. “Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent.” Eleanor Roosevelt
44. “Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one’s own sunshine.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
45. “Loving yourself isn’t vanity; it’s sanity.” Katrina Mayer
46. “It’s all about falling in love with yourself and sharing that love with someone who appreciates you, rather than looking for love to compensate for a self love deficit.”Eartha Kitt
47. “If you can learn to love yourself and all the flaws, you can love other people so much better. And that makes you so happy.” Kristin Chenoweth
48. “Daring to set boundaries is about having the courage to love ourselves, even when we risk disappointing others.” ― Brené Brown
49. “As I began to love myself I found that anguish and emotional suffering are only warning signs that I was living against my own truth. Today, I know this is ‘authenticity.’” – Charlie Chaplin
50. “A person learns how to love himself through the simple acts of loving and being loved by someone else.” Haruki Murakami
Self love sayings and affirmations
While reading through this list, it’s important to keep in mind that not every quote will resonate with everyone. Studies show that it’s essential to identify which of these quotes and sayings feel authentic or consistent with the values that are important to you and your self-beliefs. So, take your time, read through each affirmation carefully, and choose the ones that truly speak to you and inspire you to become your best self. Remember, self-love and self-confidence are personal journeys, and finding the right words of encouragement can make all the difference.
51. My imperfections make me beautiful.
52. Inhale confidence, exhale doubt
53. No regrets in life. Just lessons learned.
54. Who looks outside dreams; who looks inside, awakes.
55. ‘Grow through what you go through’ Unknown
56. Girrrl!! You are inspiring and beautiful.
57. Low self-esteem is like driving through life with your hand-break.
58. You are free to fail – A letter to me.
59. I will be the best that I can be.
60. Self-pity gets you nowhere.
61. You are amazing. You are brave. You are strong.
- I am grateful for my unique qualities and strengths, and I celebrate them.
- I am confident in my abilities and value, and I trust myself to make the right choices.
- I am deserving of happiness and fulfillment, and I pursue them with passion.
- I am kind and compassionate to myself, and I treat myself with the same care and attention as I would a loved one.
- I am proud of myself for the progress I have made, and I acknowledge my achievements.
- I am able to let go of self-doubt and negative self-talk, and replace them with positive affirmations.
- I am grateful for my body and mind, and I nourish them with healthy habits and self-care.
- I am worthy of forgiveness, both from myself and others, and I release any guilt or shame.
- I am confident in my appearance and unique qualities, and I embrace my individuality.
- I am worthy of love and acceptance, and I choose to surround myself with people who give me that.
- I am proud of who I am, and I love myself unconditionally.
- I am able to set healthy boundaries and say no to requests that do not align with my well-being.
69. I am loved, I shine bright.
70. I believe in myself. I deserve to accomplish my goals.
Self Love Quotes from the Bible
Reading a daily dose of self-love bible quotes will help you think of good things will happen for you today. So, why not read these self-love bible quotes to help you get through your days and think “there is always light at the end of the tunnel”.
71. God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power and love and of s sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7
72. When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul and brings joy, care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life.
73. I will WALK BY FAITH even when I can not see. 2 Corinthians 5:7
74. “This is my COMMAND – be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord, your God, is with you wherever you go.”
75. “Be STRONG and COURAGEOUS. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. -Deuteronomy 31:6
76. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your HEART. – Jeremiah 29:13
77. Let all that you do be done with love. -1 Corinthians
78. Dear Lord, When feelings of inferiority, insecurity, and self-doubt creep into my heart, help me to see myself the way you do.
Empowering Self Love Quotes
79. You have power over your mind, not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength. – Marcus Aurelius
80. “A healthy self-love means we have no compulsion to justify to ourselves or others why we take vacations, why we sleep late, why we buy new shoes, why we spoil ourselves from time to time. We feel comfortable doing things which add quality and beauty to life.” Andrew Matthews
81. Let your inner voice speak louder than the opinions of others.
82. It is never too late to be what you might have been.
83. Be your own crazy, weird, wonderful self.
84. Act as if what you do makes a difference.
85. Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. Ralph Waldo Emerson
86. Exist to be happy, not to impress.
87. “A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.” Mark Twain
88. Be full of self-worth.
89. “Self-care is never a selfish act; it is simply good stewardship of the only gift I have.” Parker Palmer
90. Self-love school. Lessons for cultivating your most important relationship.
91. Wanna know what the new relation ship goal is? Self-love is the new relationship goals.
92. She made a promise to herself to hold her own well-being sacred. Unknown
81. “If you could only sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; how important you can be to the people you may never even dream of. There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person.” Fred Rogers
82. “The relationship with yourself sets the tone for every other relationship you have.” Robert Holden
83. “It ain’t what they call you, it’s what you answer to.” W. C. Fields
84. “Love yourself so much that when someone treats you wrong, you recognize it.” Rena Rose.
85. “When I loved myself enough, I began leaving whatever wasn’t healthy. This meant people, jobs, my own beliefs and habits – anything that kept me small.” Kim McMillen
86. Stop underestimating yourself.
88. “The true nobility is in being superior to your previous self.” Ernest Hemingway
90. “To establish true self-esteem we must concentrate on our success.” Denis Waitley
92. Our self-respect tracks our choices every time we act in harmony.
93. “Don’t rely on someone else for your happiness and self-worth.” Stacey Charter
Self Love Quotes from Disney movies
Nothing beats the Disney movies when you are looking for self love quotes. One of the main purpose of these Disney films is to show the importance of oneself, that there are happy-ever-afters and the importance of love. From Pocahontas to Cinderella to Toy Story, every movie made and produced by Disney is made to make anyone remember to love themselves.
94. The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you UNIQUE. – Walt Disney
95. In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun. You find the fun, and -SNAP- the job’s a game! – Mary Poppins
96. All you need is FAITH, TRUST and a little PIXIE DUST. – Peter Pan
97. I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. – Douglas Adams
We hope that our list of 97 best inspirational self-love quotes has inspired you to start practicing self-love and building your self-confidence. Remember, self-love is not a destination; it’s a journey that requires patience, practice, and perseverance. And what better way to stay motivated and inspired than by revisiting these powerful quotes whenever you need a little boost of self-confidence?
Perhaps you have some self love quotes of your own that you think should be on this list? We would love to hear them! Please leave your comments in the comment section below this article.
If you enjoyed this article, you might also enjoy our list of Positive thoughts or some funny Words of Wisdom. And if you know someone who may benefit from a little extra encouragement and inspiration from reading this article, then please be sure to give it a share!
Editor’s note: This article has been updated on July 2023 for comprehensiveness.
Martha lives in the Bay Area and is a dedicated reader of romance novels. She runs a yoga studio and taught yoga for many years. She always says that yoga fuels her writing. She’s also a vegetarian and advocate for living a healthy life. Martha has been writing for us for a while now, giving readers a glimpse into her lifestyle and work.