Love is a wonderful thing.
Everybody seeks to find love and when you do find it, it’s the most wonderful feeling in the world. Love is that warm, fuzzy feeling you get whenever you’re around that special someone. If you’re in love right now or currently seeking love, our list of romance quotes will resonate with you. We have chosen and curated a list of twenty amazing romance quotes for you to enjoy. Everybody seeks to find that movie kind of love. Think of any romance movie or romantic comedy – they always end in a super happy way with a couple in love. That’s the kind of relationship that most people strive for. Our list of romantic quotes should give you that blissful, content feeling that you get when watching your favorite romance movie.
If you are a fan of romantic comedies, or romance novels, you will love this list. Our list of romance quotes are all quotes from famous people, both from now and historically. These quotes are all focused on romance, love and the importance of romantic relationships.
A Bit About Romance Quotes
Romance quotes are great; especially is you have a special someone in mind. When reading these quotes, if someone is popping in your mind while reading them, that’s more than likely the person you want to be with the most. Whether it’s your current partner or just someone you’re lusting after. Our list of quotes will give you that warm, fuzzy feeling as you’re reading them. These quotes should make you feel happy and fulfilled when you read them and you should be able to relate to at least one of them.
What is romance?
According to Collins Dictionary, a romance is a relationship between two people who are in love with each other but who are not married to each other. Another definition is that romance refers to the actions and feelings of people who are in love, especially behavior that is very caring or affectionate.
Romance is whatever you make it. Whether it’s a picnic in the park, a gift of flowers, an unexpected kiss or even just a simple cute note left in a random place for someone – romance comes in many forms and can be expressed in a number of different ways. Romance is a wonderful expression of true love between two people which can only be expressed by those who are truly in love.
Why is romance important?
Romance is important because it’s a great way to bring a couple closer together. By displaying romance, you show that you’re really interested in a person, and it’s a great way to make a couple feel happier and more in love.
Romance keeps a relationship alive and helps to ensure that the spark within a relationship stays ignited. It’s something that both sides of the couple will enjoy and something that helps both sides of a couples’ heart stay happy and true to the relationship. Romance is the fire that keeps all relationships going.
What can we glean from romance quotes?
These quotes will make you feel absolutely wonderful when you read them. Whether you’re currently in love or seeking love, you should be able to relate to at least one of the romance quotes on our list of curated romance quotes. If you enjoy one of our quotes in particular or can relate to one of them more than the others, be sure to share it with your friends or even your special someone.
Ten Beautiful Romance Quotes for When You’re in Love
Following is our list of ten wonderfully heart-warming romance quotes to read when you’re in love. These quotes have been carefully chosen to help you feel warm, fuzzy and happy when you read them. Please enjoy!
1. Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope. –Maya Angelou
2. We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another. –Luciano De Crescenzo
3. Romance is the glamour which turns the dust of everyday life into a golden haze.– Carolyn Gold Heilbrun
4. Vulnerability is the essence of romance. It’s the art of being uncalculated, the willingness to look foolish, the courage to say, ‘This is me, and I’m interested in you enough to show you my flaws with the hope that you may embrace me for all that I am but, more important, all that I am not.’ – Ashton Kutcher
5. The real lover is the man who can thrill you just by touching your head or smiling into your eyes – or just by staring into space. – Marilyn Monroe
6. Today I begin to understand what love must be, if it exists… When we are parted, we each feel the lack of the other half of ourselves. We are incomplete like a book in two volumes of which the first has been lost. That is what I imagine love to be: incompleteness in absence.– Edmond De Goncourt
7. I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart’s affections, and the truth of imagination.– John Keats
8. Love is a portion of the soul itself, and it is of the same nature as the celestial breathing of the atmosphere of paradise.– Victor Hugo
9. Falling in love, romance, matters of the heart – when you fall in love, on some biochemical level you know there is a chance it won’t work out. It’s ingrained in us that if you take such an enormous risk on someone with your heart that it might not pay off. I gamble all my chips and I might actually lose everything. – Rachael Taylor
10. The romantic love we feel toward the opposite sex is probably one extra help from God to bring you together, but that’s it. All the rest of it, the true love, is the test.– Joan Chen
11. There is no instinct like that of the heart. – Lord Byron
12. Romantic love is mental illness. But it’s a pleasurable one. It’s a drug. It distorts reality, and that’s the point of it. It would be impossible to fall in love with someone that you really saw.– Fran Lebowitz
13. Learning to give up on perfection may be just about the most romantic move any of us could make. – Alain de Botton
14. Now I believe that lovers should be draped in flowers and laid entwined together on a bed of clover and left there to sleep, left there to dream of their happiness. – Conor Oberst
15. Romantic love can be terrifying. We experience another human being as enormously important to us. So there is surrender – not a surrender to the other person so much as to our feeling for the other person. What is the obstacle? The possibility of loss. – Nathaniel Branden
16. I have a great wife and it’s very easy to be romantic because it makes her happy and then my life is so much better when she’s happy. – Nicholas Sparks
17. ‘Romeo And Juliet’ is the classic love story. When two lovers are separated and trying to get back to one another, that’s fiercely romantic and something you become glued to. – Saoirse Ronan
18. Romantic lovers require from each other at least the facade of reason: We desire to be what romantic love makes us appear in the other’s eyes. We want to imagine we are deserving of the love we inspire.– Maggie Gallagher
19. The word ‘romance,’ according to the dictionary, means excitement, adventure, and something extremely real. Romance should last a lifetime.– Billy Graham
20. I am such a sap when it comes to love! I believe in love at first sight all the way. But that’s just the way it happened to me with my relationships. I love the idea of two people looking at each other and electricity flying around them; it’s so romantic, and it’s a great feeling. – Kim Barnouin
Do you have a favorite romance quote?
Related Article: Couples Apparel That Can Be Worn On A Date