Everybody needs some encouragement every now and then.
- We all go through tough times and we all have obstacles that we need to tackle. With that being said, we have created this list of fifteen encouragement quotes that should encourage, inspire and motivate you in those times of struggle. These quotes have been hand selected and curated for you as some of the most encouraging and inspiring quotes we could find from various collections.
A Bit About Encouragement Quotes
- Our list of encouragement quotes should inspire and motivate you through times of struggle and despair. If you’re going through a tough time or if you’ve hit a brick wall with something you’re trying to work on, these quotes will be perfect for you.
What is encouragement?
- According to oxforddictionaries.com, encouragement is “The action of giving someone support, confidence, or hope”. This means that encouragement is when you give a verbal response to something someone is going through and you lift them up and inspire them to do better. It can also mean giving verbal reassurance that will help build someone’s confidence when they’re not feeling as confident as they should.
When do we need encouragement?
- We all need encouragement at some point in our lives. This can be on a number of occasions such as when you’re going through a bad time in your life such as a break-up or a death in the family – in this instance you’ll need encouragement that things will get better over time and that you can get through this awful situation. You may also need encouragement at times when you’re feeling unconfident, for example if you have an exam coming up and you don’t feel confident that you’ll pass – your friends and family can offer encouragement that you’re better than you think you are that you can in fact pass.
What can we glean from encouragement quotes?
- Our list of fifteen encouragement quotes should make you feel inspired and motivated to achieve your goals and get through any issues that you’re currently facing. These quotes should uplift you and make you feel more confident and happy after you’ve read them.
Our List of Fifteen Encouragement Quotes
- We have curated this list of encouragement quotes just for you to motivate, encourage and inspire you to get through your daily struggles and to help you on the road to achieving your dreams.
1. “Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess. Just breathe and have faith that everything will work out for the best.”
- Often, thinking too much about something can cause nothing but worry. You can build up a situation in your mind to the point where you truly believe that nothing but the worst outcome can happen. Instead, it is better to focus on just living your life. Have faith that things will work out the way they should. Every single thing that happens in our lives happens for a reason and eventually it will all work out despite how bad things may seem right now.
2. “It doesn’t matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.”
- Everyone has a goal and a dream in life and we should all continue pushing towards that dream. It really doesn’t matter how long it takes to achieve your dreams, as long as you are constantly pursuing them.
3. “Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you can go; just remember how far you have come. Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome.”
- We all face different battles every single day of our lives and so we have all overcome some sort of obstacle. You have overcome everything you’ve ever faced up to now, so you can overcome all the other obstacles that may come your way over time too.
4. “A little progress everyday adds up to big results.”
- As long as you’re doing a little bit towards your goals and dreams each day, that’s enough. It really doesn’t mater how long it takes for you to achieve your goals, as long as you’re constantly working towards them, that’s all that matters.
5. “You are stronger than you know. More capable than you ever dreamed. And you are loved more than you could possibly imagine.”
- This is one of the greatest encouragement quotes out there. You are capable of so much more than you think. Although you might feel like something is impossible or you can’t do something, chances are, you can do that thing. You just need to believe in yourself and the rest will come.
6. “You’re allowed to scream; you’re allowed to cry, but do not give up.”
- The most important thing to remember is that giving up is not an option. If you want something enough, you should never ever give up on it. Even if it does sometimes make you want to scream or cry, you’ll be so much happier knowing that you’ve worked hard towards getting what you want.
7. “Look for something positive in each day even if some days you have to look a little harder.”
- There is something positive in every single day. Even when you’re having a really bad day, there will always be something that will make it a little more positive. We should all take a moment to think about something positive that’s happened to us today and focus more on that rather than all the negative things that have happened.
8. “Someday everything will make perfect sense. So for now laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.”
- Every single thing that happens to us in life does happen for a reason. No matter how bad something may seem, there’s a reason for that thing happening, because something better will come along in the future. Everyday can’t be good, but there is something good in every day. That’s an important fact to remember.
9. “Take a deep breath, it’s just a bad day not a bad life.”
- Take life one day at a time. If you have a bad day, so what? You’ll have another day tomorrow to try again and pick yourself up. Every single person in the world has bad days, and everyone goes through struggles. However, every single one of us is capable of overcoming that and we are all capable of coming out shining on the other side.
10. “Just be yourself. Let people see the real, imperfect, flawed, quirky, weird, beautiful, magical person you are.”
- You should never feel the need to change yourself just to please others. If you continue to be yourself consistently around everyone, you will feel much happier and a lot more chilled. People like to see the real you and will appreciate you being real with them. Every single person out there has a little bit of weird in them whether they like to show it or not. Be the person that shows it.
11. “Everyone has inside them a piece of good news. The good news is you don’t know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is.”
What great news that is indeed. We can all accomplish so much more than we think we can and we can all be great people. Everybody on this earth is capable of achieving things even bigger than their wildest dreams. All it takes is a little bit of dedication, commitment and motivation.
12. “The best revenge is massive success.”
No matter what happens in your life, there are always going to be people who put you down. It doesn’t matter who you are or what you do, there are always haters out their who thrive off bringing people down. This quote is great because huge success is definitely the best revenge on anyone who’s ever put you down or made you feel like you’re incapable of achieving your goals.
13. “Get going. Move forward. Aim High. Plan a takeoff. Don’t just sit on the runway and hope someone will come along and push the airplane. It simply won’t happen. Change your attitude and gain some altitude. Believe me, you’ll love it up here.”
Nobody out there is going to pursue your dreams for you. Only you have the ability to chase after your own dreams. There’s no point waiting for someone else to help you achieve everything you want because everyone else is already trying to achieve their own goals. Do something that pushes towards your goal today.
14. ”Fall seven times, stand up eight.”
This is one of the greatest encouragement quotes. No matter how many times you get knocked down, just keep getting up and trying again. There will always be obstacles that get in your way on your path to achieving your dreams, but you should always push past these obstacles because you are more than capable of doing so.
15. “It doesn’t matter who you are, where you come from. The ability to triumph begins with you. Always.”
Absolutely anyone is capable of achieving great things. It’s what’s within you that counts. It doesn’t matter where you’re form or what you do, it’s that fire within you that is going to get you where you want to go.
Do you feel encouraged?
- We hope you feel encouraged and inspired to conquer your goals and to come out shining after reading our list of fifteen encouragement quotes. Why not take some time today to encourage someone else today too? Do you know any encouragement quotes that you think deserve to be on this list? We would love to hear them! Please leave us a comment in the comment section below.
- If you enjoyed this article or know someone who may benefit from reading the quotes in this list of encouragement quotes, then please do give this article a share!
Related Article: Quotes About Smiling That Will Brighten Your Day
Tina Gray is a freelance journalist, theatre enthusiast and aspiring author. She has a passion for telling stories through various mediums and regularly writes for various online publications. Her short stories will soon be published in her first volume. Currently, she resides in the San Fernando Valley and is studying screenwriting.
Leave a Reply