If you’re looking for inspirational, motivational and funny Betty White quotes, you’ve come to the right place.
This article will be highlighting some of the best ever Betty White quotes. If you’re unsure who Betty White is, or if you’d like to learn more about her, we will also be giving you some great facts about her life. Enjoy!
A Bit About Betty White
So who is Betty White and what has she achieved in her life? Read on to find out…
Who Is Betty White?
Betty White is an American actress. She was born in in Oak Park, Illinois in 1922 to Christine Tess, a homemaker and Horace Logan White, a lighting company executive. She is of Danish, Greek, English and Welsh decent. Her trademarks are her raspy, sultry voice and her sparkling blue eyes. Betty is an avid animal rights activist and works with a number of organizations that help care for animals.
What Is She Known For?
Betty White is best known for her roles as Sue Ann Nivens on the classic sitcom Mary Tyler Moore (1970) and as Rose Nylund on The Golden Girls (1985). However, she has made appearances on many other TV shows and movies including Another World (1988), Mama’s Family (1984), Santa Barbara (1988), Maybe This Time (1995) and That ‘70s Show (2002). To see a full list of all of Betty White’s credited appearances please click here. Betty has had an incredibly long and successful career in front of the camera and, at 96 years old, she is still making television appearances.
What Can We Glean From Betty White Quotes?
Betty White has had such an incredibly long and successful career and is a true inspiration to women everywhere. The quotes featured in this article are a mixture of motivational, inspirational and funny quotes from Betty White herself. Betty is known for her witty one-liners and for using language in a masterful and effective way. These quotes have been selected to inspire and entertain you.
Our List Of 10 Betty White Quotes
Following is a list of 10 of the best Betty White quotes we could find. Please enjoy!
1. “I think it’s your mental attitude. So many of us start dreading age in high school and that’s a waste of a lovely life. ‘Oh… I’m 30, oh, I’m 40, oh, 50.’ Make the most of it.”
This is a wonderful quote about the importance of embracing life. It doesn’t matter how old you are, it’s what’s inside that counts. I remember when I was growing up, my mum would get a year older every birthday, but she would always tell me she still felt like she was 23. She always told me that it’s only your body that ages, and although you may get a little wiser with age, you still have the same mind as you did when you were younger. Nothing changes there, and I think this is what this quote is touching on. Who cares if you’re 30, 40 etc. If you act like you did when you were in your 20’s, you’ll still feel young no matter how old you are.
2. “It’s your outlook on life that counts. If you take yourself lightly and don’t take yourself too seriously, pretty soon you can find the humor in our everyday lives. And sometimes it can be a lifesaver.”
This is another wonderful quote that touches on the fact that it’s what’s on the inside that counts. If you stay positive and try to do things you enjoy every day, then you’re going to have a great life and live without any regrets. Nothing should ever be taken too seriously, after all, we only get one shot at this life so what’s the point in living with a negative attitude. Just have fun and do you and I can guarantee you’ll feel like a much happier person. This quote is great and I totally agree with Betty’s take on life.
3. “Wilderness is harder and harder to find these days on this beautiful planet, and we’re abusing our planet to the point of almost no return.”
- This is a great quote about our planet and the effects that our current living situations will be having on the longevity of our planet earth. At 96, Betty will have seen a lot of changes in the way our planet is run and in the amount of wilderness that has been destroyed to make way for houses, offices and everything else that has been built over the last few decades. If you really think about it, it is true that wilderness is hard to come by, especially when countless ever-expanding cities are dominating our planet. As population increases and we continue to build more houses and other buildings, there will be barely any room left for wilderness, which is a very sad truth.
4. “I just make it my business to get along with people so I can have fun. It’s that simple.”
- What a wonderful outlook Betty White has on life. If you get along with people, you’re bound to have fun with them. What is the point in hating and spreading hate – that only leads to unhappiness and even more hate. Our world is filled with enough hate as it is. As a race, we need to focus more on spreading light and positivity. Life is worthless if you’re not having fun. I think everybody needs to be a bit more like Betty and make an effort to get along with everyone. The world would be much happier place if we all took a page from Betty’s book.
5. “Don’t try to be young. Just open your mind. Stay interested in stuff. There are so many things I won’t live long enough to find out about, but I’m still curious about them. You know people who are already saying, ‘I’m going to be 30 – oh, what am I going to do?’ Well, use that decade! Use them all!”
- This is a great quote for people like me. At 26 going on for 27, I’m already thinking “oh my god, I’m almost 30” and I’m instantly filled with panic. But what am I panicking about, so I’ll be 30 – it’s just a number. I truly agree with Betty in that we shouldn’t be defined by our age. You’re as young as you feel, and if you continue to be curious in the younger generations, like Betty said, then you will continue to feel young ins spite of you actual age.
6. “Retirement is not in my vocabulary. They aren’t going to get rid of me that way.”
- It’s absolutely incredible that, at 96, Betty White is continuing to work. I think this is one of my favorite Betty White quotes as this should be everybody’s ultimate life goals – to find a career that you’re so happy with, you don’t even feel like retirement is an option. A career should be fun and something you enjoy doing. I think it’s absolutely wonderful that Betty loves her work so much that she continues on despite her age.
7. “I may be a senior, but so what? I’m still hot. “
- How great is this quote? I barely even have self confidence now in my 20’s. I sincerely hope that I have this much self confidence in my older age. What a true inspiration Betty White is to females everywhere. This is the kind of positivity we need to be seeing more of in this world. Too many people live their lives trying to impress people by changing themselves but instead, we need to embrace our uniqueness and accept that we are beautiful. It doesn’t matter how we look, what we wear, how old we are – everyone is beautiful. I think Betty White has that all figured out and it’s great.
8. “I didn’t know what Facebook was, and now that I do know what it is, I have to say, it sounds like a huge waste of time.”
This is one of those Betty White quotes that you’ll either agree with or you won’t. I believe that it is true – our younger generations’ lives are dominated by social media. It’s everywhere – share this, share that. It’s come to the point where people are focusing more on social media than actually taking the time to appreciate what’s in front of them.
The amount of time’s I’ve been on holiday to places like New York and all people are doing is taking pictures and uploading them to social media. I’m not going to lie, of course I’ve taken pictures myself while travelling, but I also like to step back and take the time to actually experience being there and feel the emotions of being in that place, rather than focusing on the best angle to look at my vacation later through a screen. I don’t believe social media is a complete waste of time however, as it does bring friendships closer. What do you think? Is social media a waste of time?
9. “I don’t seem to require a lot of sleep. I just – if I get four, five good hours, I’m fine. But sleeping is sort of dull. There’s a lot of other good stuff that you can do without just lying down and closing your eyes.”
- Again, this is one of those Betty White quotes that makes you realize what a great outlook on life she has. Of course, it’s important to get enough sleep, but what a great life you must have to believe that there are better things you could be doing than sleeping. I think it should be everyone’s goals to have a life so exciting that sleep bores you and you’d rather be awake living life than going to sleep. It’s quotes like these ones that make you realize that life can be as fun as you make it. We’re probably not all going to be as lucky as Betty with our ages. Fill up your time doing things you enjoy and let’s all make the most of this one shot of life that we get.
10. “A lady likes to be complimented on her looks, her eyes, her figure. But the personality comments are much appreciated.””
This is a great Betty White quote as it’s very true. Although women do enjoy a good compliment about their looks, it’s also extremely flattering when someone compliments you on your personality. Your personality is the real you and that’s what people should like you for. Comments about looks are great, but it’s what’s underneath that really counts. So if you find that people are complimenting you on your personality, then you must really have it figured out as it’s quite rare.
Which Are Your Favorite Betty White Quotes?
We hope you enjoyed our list of Betty white quotes. Betty White is a true legend and a national treasure. These quotes prove just that. Do you know some other Betty White quotes that should be on this list? Leave us a comment below and let us know. We’d also love to know what you think of this article.
If you enjoyed reading his blog or can relate to any of the featured Betty White quotes then please do give it a share!
Related Article: 12 Happiest Movies That Will Make You Smile