Are you looking for a movie to boost your mood?
- We have compiled a list of twelve of the happiest movies we could find that are guaranteed to give you a happiness boost. This list includes movies from a number of different genres, but each movie has been carefully selected for this list as ones that make you feel great after watching them.
- Movies are very powerful. They can change our moods and make us feel uplifted and inspired. Whenever you’re feeling down, simply watch one of the movies in our happiest movies list and it will surely bring a smile to your face.
A Bit About the Happiest Movies
Watching a movie can be a very emotional experience depending on the storyline. We have specially selected the happiest movies for this list so that you’re guaranteed to laugh and smile while watching them.
Movies can be a great way to escape from your problems. If you get sucked into a movie, you forget about everything that’s going on in the real world. It’s a great way to switch off for a while and allow yourself to escape your own thoughts.
Why Are These Movies Great?
- These movies are great because, no matter how sad you are, they will make you feel better. We have chosen movies from all different genres and from all different decades so that everyone will be able to find one that they love.
When Is The Best Time To Watch These Happiest Movies?
The simple answer to that is – anytime! Whenever you have enough time in your day, you should stick one of these movies on and you’ll notice your mood instantly lift. It would be a good idea to put one of these happiest movies on when you’re feeling down. After you’ve watched it, you’ll feel a lot better.
Our List of Happiest Movies
Following is our list of happiest movies that are sure to get you smiling and laughing. Whenever you’re in need of a pick-me-up, simply grab some popcorn and turn on one of these classics.
1. Home Alone (1990)
Home Alone is a classic story about an 8-year-old troublemaker, who must protect his house from a pair of whacky burglars when he is accidentally left home alone by his family during a Christmas vacation. This movie is guaranteed to make you laugh. The casting for this movie is excellent and they’re all so funny. Additionally, it is suitable for most as it is rated PG, so it’s a great movie for all the family to enjoy.
2. What Women Want (2000)
After an accidental electrocution, a high-flying executive gains the ability to hear what women are thinking. This movie is absolutely hilarious. Immediately from the moment when Mel Gibson’s character starts hearing women’s thoughts, you’ll be in stitches laughing as you see him start to figure out what’s going on.
3. The Parent Trap (1998)
Lindsay Lohan plays identical twins Annie and Hallie who were separated at birth. Annie lived with her biological mother in London and Hallie with her biological father in California. By chance, they meet each other at summer camp and come up with a scheme to switch places to ultimately bring their parents back together. This movie is a real feel-good movie which includes romance, comedy, heartbreak and family. The ending to this movie is a beautiful one and will leave you feeling all warm and fuzzy inside. A true 90’s classic.
4. The Devil Wears Prada (2006)
A smart and sensible graduate lands a job as an assistant to Miranda Priestly, the demanding editor-in-chief of a high fashion magazine. The story follows the ups and downs of taking on one of the desirable jobs in the fashion world. Any movie that stars Meryl Streep is bound to be a big hit and she does not disappoint in the role of Miranda Priestly. The storyline is quirky with some laughable moments, but ultimately the focus is on female empowerment and how far one will go to succeed in their career.
5. Bridget Jones’s Diary (2001)
A single British woman is determined to improve herself in every way on her journey to finding love. She starts by keeping a diary, documenting her triumphs and the many experiences she has while dating. It is a classic comedy that gets you laughing your head off no matter how many times you’ve seen it. If you haven’t seen this movie before, I would highly recommend it. You’ll see your mood instantly boosted as you feel for the lead character played by Renee Zellweger.
6. Love Actually (2003)
The Love Actually story follows the lives of eight very different couples and the ways they deal with the ups and downs of their love lives. Each of the couples are interrelated in some small way and the story is set during the run up to Christmas in London, England. The storyline of this movie covers a lot of different things that we all experience at some point in our lives so most people can relate to some aspect of the story. The real focus of this movie is on love and how, even if we can’t see it, love is all around.
7. The Breakfast Club (1985)
Five high school students who don’t really know each other meet in Saturday detention and discover they have a lot more in common than they originally thought. It’s a classic 80’s John Hughes movie starring the likes of Molly Ringwald, Judd Nelson and Ally Sheedy. It is a true classic that pretty much anyone can enjoy. It takes you back to your nostalgic high school roots and ends with the iconic Judd Nelson fist pump. It’s a real mood booster for when you’re having a down day.
8. Mamma Mia! (2008)
- Mamma Mia follows the story of a bride-to-be who is searching for her real father. It’s a wonderfully upbeat musical featuring classic songs by the iconic 70’s group Abba. It’s a fun and upbeat musical and the best part – you can sing along to it. That’s what makes this one of the happiest movies out there. All the songs are absolute classics that you’ll enjoy listening to, singing along with and maybe even dancing along to!
9. Never Been Kissed (1999)
- A newspaper reporter takes on her first big undercover case and enrolls in a local high school as part of research for her story. It’s a quirky, hilarious story about a dorky girl who’s just always wanted to fit in and now she has her second chance at getting in with the cool crowd at high school. It’s filled with laugh out loud moments as well as some heartfelt and fuzzy romantic scenes.
10. Ferris Bueller’s Day Off (1986)
- The story follows a high school boy who fakes an illness to get out of school and spends the day hanging out with his friends, cause trouble and have fun. This is one of the most inspiring and happiest movies out there. It teaches us that there’s a lot more to life than rules and conformity. It is yet another great John Hughes 80’s classic.
11. Despicable Me (2010)
- In this amazing animated adventure, criminal mastermind, Gru, uses a trio of orphans as pawns for a grand scheme. He soon changes and finds that his love and care for the girls is changing him into a better person. This is one of the happiest movies you can find. What is happier than a minion? Answer – nothing! This is a movie that can be enjoyed over and over again by people of all ages. Try watching this without a smile on your face, it’s impossible!
12. The Wedding Singer (1998)
- Wedding singer, Robbie and waitress, Julia are both engaged to the wrong people. Luckily, they find each other and a string of events brings them close and closer together until they realize they’re made for each other. Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore have been together in a number of movies and never fail to entertain. It’s a great story that’s set during the upbeat 80’s decade. It’s hilarious and heartfelt and will leave you feeling super happy when it’s over.
Which movie are you going to watch?
We hope you enjoyed this list of happiest movies. Do you have any suggestions for other movies that could be featured on this list? Leave a comment below and let us know.
If you enjoyed reading this list or if you know someone who would love it, be sure to give it a share!
Related Article: Boost Your Happiness With These 20 Simple Tips