Robin Williams quotes are truly inspiring! Robin McLaurin Williams was a famous American actor and comedian. He started his career in the mid-1970s as a stand-up comedian and performed in Los Angeles and San Francisco. He began to rise to fame when he played the role of Mork in Mork & Mindy. Aside from stand-up comedy, he also established a career in movie acting. He was well known for his unique talent in improvising.
After the stand-up comedian has overcome alcohol and drug addiction, he suffered depression and Parkinson’s disease. This illness prompted him to end his life on 11th August 2014. The well-loved actor committed suicide in his home in California. He died at the age of 63.
After Robin Williams passed away, a lot of his fans and friends all over the world felt sad. The absence of Williams is still hard to take. He was very much admired by his remarkable wit and warmth. Here we collected 34 of his most outstanding and beautiful quotes from his movies and his real life. Get inspired and share the laughter!
34 Robin Williams Quotes on Life and Laughter
1. There is still a lot to learn and there is always great stuff out there.
After the news of his death was announced, some people are immediately looking for Robin Williams quotes.
2. I believe in destiny. There must be a reason that I am as I am. There must be.”
Williams was a comedy genius and an expert of voices.
3. You know that place between sleep and awake, that place where you still remember dreaming?
Williams entertained us for more than 40 years. He will be greatly missed by his avid fans.
4. Make your life spectacular. I know I did.
These Robin Williams quotes are such a nice outlook about life.
5. I think the saddest people always try their hardest to make people happy.
Robin Williams quotes teach us that once you do something good to another person, it can make you feel better.
6. Most of all, I want to thank my father, up there…
This is his father’s advice when he began a career in acting.
7. I always thought the idea of education was to learn to think for yourself.
Robin Williams quotes remind us to continue learning each day.
8. You’re not perfect, sport. And let me save you the suspense. This girl you met, she isn’t perfect either.
Robin Williams quoteas are his greatest attribute. It entertained us and educate us at the same time.
9. Ah, yes, divorce… from the Latin word meaning to rip out a man’s genitals through his wallet.
Some of the characters that Williams played in movies are divorced men who were deeply affected by the sad experience.
10. Cricket is basically baseball on valium.
It may be surprising to hear that cricket is the second most popular sport worldwide.
11. If it’s the Psychic Network why do they need a phone number?
Being a movie actor for more than three decades, Robin Williams had already won an Oscar award.
12. We don’t read and write poetry because it’s cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race.
Watching Williams perform live on stage was an experience like no other.
13. What a pain in the ass you are. And it’s true: you’re not young, you’re not new, and you do make people laugh.
Comedians most often feel depressed and lonely.
14. Please, don’t worry so much… Because in the end none of us have very long on this earth.
This is taken from Robin’s graduation speech in the movie “Jack.”
15. If women ran the world we wouldn’t have wars, just intense negotiations every 28 days.
Williams often talked about women. Perhaps it’s because he liked them a lot since he married thrice.
16. Reality is just a crutch for people who can’t cope with drugs.
Williams’ comedy is complex and surreal.
17. You know the difference between a tornado and divorce in the South?
A tornado does not require a lawyer while a divorce needs one.
18. We’ve had cloning in the South for years. It’s called cousins.
Sometimes we ask ourselves, how come we have lost such a smart soul.
19. Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They’ve got nothing to lose.
This Robin Williams quote talks about avoiding violence.
20. You will have bad times, but they will always wake you up to the stuff you weren’t paying attention to.
These Robin Williams quotes serve as a reminder for us to acknowledge the important things in life. Everything happens for a reason…
21. You are a big country. You are the kindest country in the world.
In every role that he played, he puts compassion into it.
22. You know what music is? God’s little reminder that there’s something else besides us in this universe.
We should live our life to the fullest each day. Let’s fill our life with the best things that it has to offer.
23. Why do they call it rush hour when nothing moves?
Most people who are rushing to get to their destinations are looking for the quickest way possible.
24. The only reason Mickey Mouse has four fingers is because he can’t pick up a cheque.
Five fingers for a mouse would be too much!
25. Divorce is expensive. I used to joke they were going to call it ‘all the money’ but they changed it to alimony.
Robin Williams reportedly paid a lot of money for the alimony to his ex-wives.
26. What’s wrong with death sir? What are we so mortally afraid of?
This is one of his most memorable quotes in Patch Adams.
27. You don’t know about real loss because it only occurs when you’ve loved something more than you love yourself.
We remembered him as an excellent teacher in the movie Good Will Hunting.
28. Do you think God gets stoned? I think so…
As a stand-up comedian, Williams most often declare his observations about God.
29. Death is nature’s way of saying, “Your table is ready.”
The table was prepared too early for him.
30. You’re only given one little spark of madness. You mustn’t lose it.
This is one of the best Robin Williams quotes that can give us an insight on what kind of a person he really is.
31. When I was growing up they used to say, “Robin, drugs can kill you.”
The heart of Robin Williams quotes is the perception of the truth and the way of life.
32. But if there’s love, dear… those are the ties that bind, and you’ll have a family in your heart, forever.
Williams can make us laugh and cry at the same time.
33. I like my wine like my women – ready to pass out.
Robin knows that women are more sensible than men.
34. Cocaine is God’s way of saying you’re making too much money.
Williams became sober after battling alcohol and drug addiction in the 1980s. However, he went to rehab again in 2006 when he started drinking.
Why Robin Williams Took His Own Life
Robin Williams hanged himself in his California home after suffering from depression and money troubles. According to his friends, he lost a large amount of money in paying for the alimony to his ex-wives. In order to raise some money, he tried to sell his 600-acre ranch in California.
However, according to the late actor’s widow, Susan Schneider Williams, the cause of his death is Lewy body dementia. This is an unusual brain disease that can cause someone to hallucinate and suffer other neurological symptoms such as depression. This was further confirmed after an autopsy was done in 2014. The symptoms of this disease are similar to Alzheimer’s disease. It is caused by an abnormal buildup of a protein which is not similar to Alzheimer’s. Based on the report from Lewy Body Dementia Association, there are about 1.4 million Americans who are suffering from this disease.
The world and the movie industry are greatly saddened by the loss of Williams. One of the reasons why a lot of people loved Robin Williams quotes is because it teaches us different lessons in life. His movies will always remain a legacy. Most of all his talent in comedy was a great gift that we will miss. It’s like there is a certain light that went out. Robin, thanks for the laughs. What’s your favorite Robin William quotes?
Anna works as a full-time writer and editor and has devoted the last ten years of her career to assisting readers in improving their perspective on life. She is a Cultural Studies graduate and now contributes to Good Morning Quotes by sharing her traveling experiences and social knowledge with our readers. When she is not typing up her next article, Anna enjoys spending time with friends, visiting new places, and supporting a healthy lifestyle.