Grandchildren are one of life’s greatest gifts.
We have curated a list of fifteen beautiful and inspiring grandchildren quotes for you to enjoy because grandchildren are a beautiful part of life. Your grandchildren are the people you will love and care for more than anyone. As a result, you’ll always be there to protect them and guide them along their journey through life. Our list of grandchildren quotes should make you feel absolutely wonderful when you read them and will act as a reminder of how important grandchildren are and how wonderful it is to be a grandparent. After all, family is by far the most important thing in this life.
A Bit About Grandchildren Quotes
Our list of fifteen grandchildren quotes should make you feel warm, happy and inspired when you read them. We have curated this list of grandchildren quotes because grandchildren are one of life’s greatest treasures.
Why are grandchildren special?
The bond between grandparents and grandchildren is a unique and special bond like no other. The relationship between grandparents and grandchildren is one that is built on love, affection, appreciation, fun and pure joy. Becoming a grandparent is usually one of the most special times in a person’s life because, mainly due to the unique and special bond that they form with the grandchild. Moreover, your grandchild’s love for you is also one that is unconditional from the start.
Grandchildren are so much fun and children in general are extra affectionate because it’s genetically within us from a young age to show affection. As a result, be ready for endless hugs, cuddles and kisses whenever your grandchild sees you. You’ll find a new best friend in your grandchild. You can share laughs together, have fun together, teach each other things and just generally have a great time together. Being a grandparent is a fabulously rewarding role in anyone’s life and often your favourite role because making memories with grandchildren can be one of life’s most rewarding things.
Our List of Fifteen Grandchildren Quotes
The following is our list of fifteen grandchildren quotes that has been carefully curated by us for you. Please enjoy!
1. Grandchildren restore our zest for life, and our faith in humanity. – unknown
Grandchildren are really fun to be around. They’re inquisitive, exciting and entertaining which results in them restoring your zest for life. Their curiousness, desire to learn new things and their knowledge of new and exciting technologies restores your faith in humanity because they are the next generation in this new digital era.
2. Our grandchildren accept us for ourselves, without rebuke or effort to change us, as no one in our entire lives has ever done, not our parents, siblings, spouses, friends – and hardly ever our own grown children. – Ruth Goode
Grandchildren are the people who will always be there to offer that unconditional love. They love every piece of you for who you are and will always love you no matter what because it’s genetically within them to do so. Family is one of the most important things in this life.
3. What a bargain grandchildren are! I give them my loose change, and they give me a million dollars worth of pleasure. – Gene Perret
A grandchild will give you so much pleasure with their love, affection, hugs, kisses, smiles, laughs –everything they do will give you great pleasure. One of life’s greatest pleasures is getting to see your grandchildren grow up.
4. Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap. – Doug Larson
Your grandchildren will love you unconditionally – so much so that you may even find that your multiple grandchildren fight over your affection. What a wonderful feeling to know that all of your grandchildren love you that much that they fight over who gets to spend more time with you or who gets to be closer to you.
5. The idea that no one is perfect is a view most commonly held by people with no grandchildren. – Doug Larson
When you get grandchildren of your own, you will love them so much and you will think they’re absolutely perfect. No matter what they do, they will always be perfect to you because they’re your grandchildren and no-one can ever change that.
6. My grandchild has taught me what true love means. It means watching Scooby-Doo cartoons while the basketball game is on another channel. – Gene Perret
As a grandparent, you will love your grandchildren so much that you will do literally anything for them – even if that means watching Scooby-Doo with them instead of watching your favorite sports team.
7. I’ve always enjoyed seeing the world through the eyes of my grandchildren. – Neil Sedaka
Grandchildren are so inquisitive and have a much different view to life than we do as adults because they’re naive and curious about everything. Children in general are curious and full of hope. Listening to a child tell stories can be a really inspiring thing, moreover, children often have the most interesting and imaginative stories to tell.
8. I love music of all kinds, but there’s no greater music than the sound of my grandchildren laughing. – Sylvia Earle
A child’s laughter is one of the most beautiful blessings to your ears, and that is especially true when it’s the sound of your own grandchild’s laugh because you will love to hear that they are happy as you love them.
9. ‘Grandmother’ doesn’t mean that you have gray hair and you retire and stay home cooking cakes for your grandchildren. -Carine Roitfeld
Having grandchildren can be whatever you want it to be. Children are always excited to try new things and learn. As a result, you should teach them new things and do things you enjoy with them. They’ll love it as much as you do because they will love to spend that quality time with you.
10. With your own children, you love them immediately – and with grandchildren, it’s exactly the same. – Kevin Whately
As soon as you first see your newborn grandchild, you will instantly be filled with that unconditional love. A grandchild is one of life’s greatest gifts and as a result, you will love them forever right from the start.
11. Elephants and grandchildren never forget. – Andy Rooney
Children’s minds are like a sponge. The rate they take in new knowledge and remember things is staggering. This quote is very true; your grandchildren will remember everything because children do learn new things and take in knowledge a lot more easily than we do as adults. I still remember all the stories and everything my grandparents taught me when I was young.
12. I love being a grandmother. That feeling you have for your own child – you don’t ever think it will be replicated, and I did wonder if I would have to ‘pretend’ with my grandchildren. But my heart was taken on day one. – Joanna Lumley
This is similar to what we touched on before – as soon as you see your newborn grandchild, you will be filled with unconditional love and care for them. The birth of your first grandchild is one of the most joyous occasions in a person’s life.
13. My grandchildren are fabulous and funny. – Erica Jong
This is true for all grandchildren – they are fabulous and funny. Your grandchildren will be so fun to be around and so you’ll always have a wonderful time with them.
14. Grandchildren have taught me how important the future is. I try to look through their eyes and envision what’s in their imagination. What’s the world going to look like when they’re my age? That really does take a huge imagination. – Richard Lugar
Unfortunately for most people, you won’t get to see what life is like for your grandchildren when they’re your age. It’s always fun to listen to your grandchildren talk about life from their perspective so that you can get an idea of what this new generation is going to bring to our world.
15. Telling my grandchildren stories of my growing up is some of our favorite times spent together. They want to know what it was like and what I did as a child. They seem to be especially interested in the organic and simplistic setting I grew up in. – Lidia Bastianich
I still remember hearing stories about my nana and granddad’s childhood’s and life in the past. I always enjoyed hearing all the memories they had to share because their memories of being young are much different to my own. I even still ask them about their past even now because it’s so interesting to me. All grandchildren will love to hear about stories you have to offer about the past, especially because times were so much simpler back then. It’s an extremely interesting subject and something that you can offer a lot of personal knowledge about.
Did you enjoy this list of grandchildren quotes?
Are you becoming a grandparent? Are you already a grandparent? Or perhaps you know someone who is about to become a grandparent? Whatever your reason for reading this article was, we sincerely hope you enjoyed it! Do you have any grandparent stories you’d like to share with us? Do you know any grandchildren quotes that you think should be on this list? Please do share them with us, we love hearing what you have to say. Please leave us a comment in the box below.
If you enjoyed this article or if you know someone who may enjoy reading it then please do give it a share!
Related Article: How To Create And Keep Family Traditions