Friends are the family we choose.
If you’re looking for friends for life quotes, quotes about friendship or best friend quotes – you’ve come to the right place. We’ve compiled a list of ten friends for life quotes (with pictures) all about those lifelong friendships we can’t live without. These relatable quotes are sure to make you smile. Share your favorite quotes with your best friends.
A Bit About Friends
Friends are the people closest to you, almost like your second family. A true friendship is when you consider the other person’s feelings and well-being to be just as valuable as yours. A friend will have your back no matter what. They will always keep their promises and never tell your secrets.
A real friendship is when you can be near or far from someone, yet when you meet again, it’s like nothing has changed. You can truly be yourself with your friends and they will love you through thick and thin. Friends can be weird together, and have inside jokes that only they can understand. Every friendship is unique, and you can find many different qualities in your variety of friends. Our friends for life quotes will highlight some of these friendship qualities.
What are the benefits of having friends?
Friends are one of life’s greatest gifts. They boost your happiness, reduce your stress, help you cope with traumas, improve your self confidence and pick you up when you feel down. These are just a few of the benefits of having friends.
Friends are the people you can laugh with the most, and who will cry with you when you’re hurting. They will lift your spirits during the tough times and will always be around during the good times.
Having friends can be beneficial for your health, and it’s known that having a relatively active social life, can lead to living longer. This is because friends reduce stress and anxiety as they act as a should to cry on and someone that you can vent to whenever needed.
What can you expect in a friend for life?
A true friend will have many positive qualities. One of the most important qualities you can find in a friend is loyalty. A loyal friend will be by your side no matter what happens and they will always stick by you regardless of what paths you take in life. A friend for life will always take a genuine interest in your life. They will listen to you and will always be open, honest and real in everything they share with you.
What can we glean from friends for life quotes?
We have compiled this list of friends for life quotes to celebrate all the true friendships in the world. Without friends we would feel lonelier, we would laugh less, and we would overall feel less happy. Celebrate friendship with us today and share some of these quotes with your closest lifelong friends.
Our Friends For Life Quotes List
Following is our list of friends for life quotes that we have carefully compiled to celebrate true lifelong friendships. Enjoy!
1. “Some souls just understand each other upon meeting.” – N.R. Hart
- This quote is beautiful and highlights the way in which some friendships can be made after just one meeting. Sometimes meeting someone once is enough to know they’ll be a great friend as your personalities just click instantly. You’ve heard of love at first sight, right? Well this quote refers to friendship at first sight. Some people’s souls are just made to collaborate and when you can get on with someone almost instantly, that’s when you know you have a friend for life.
2. “Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So, today is my new favorite day.”
- This quote from ‘Winnie The Pooh’ is a lovely quote shared between Winnie the Pooh and Piglet that many people in the real world will be able to relate to. Often, times with friends are the best times, and some people will share their best days with friends. A true friend is one that wants to spend their best days with you. Think back on some of your favorite memories, it’s likely that memories with friends will spring to mind.
3. “Because of you, I laugh a little harder, cry a little less, and smile a lot more.”
- A true friend will always make you laugh, will comfort you when you cry and will radiate with positive energy that makes you smile. This quote touches on all of those things. Did someone pop in your mind as soon as you read this? Surprise them by sending this quote to them and make their day a little brighter.
4. “Real queens fix each other’s crowns.”
- No matter what the situation is, a true friend for life will always be there to offer advice and help you fix any problems or issues that you may be going through. If you consider someone to be a true friend, then they will help and support you without you even having to ask. They will sense when something isn’t right and will be there to offer a shoulder to cry on when you need it most. Girls should always stick together, and best friends should always be supportive of one another.
5. “A friend is one who overlooks your broken fence and admires the flowers in your garden.”
This quote is a great one. It displays perfectly the meaning of true friendship. No matter how down you are, how bad you look, how broken you are as a person – your true friends will stick by your side through it all. Your friends will always see you as the beautiful, kind, compassionate, caring, loving person that you are, despite what may be going on in your life at any given time. Your true friends will always give you good advice and will compliment you often to boost your self-confidence.
6. “A friend who understands your tears is much more valuable than a lot of friends who only know your smile.”
Everybody needs someone to be there for them when they’re at their lowest, and that’s exactly what friends are for. A friend for life isn’t one that only chooses to be around you during the good times. A friend for life is one that also chooses to be around you during your worst times, and helps you pull through any bad situation you find yourself in. A shoulder to cry on is sometimes the greatest gift a friend can give. Everybody likes to know that someone cares for them and someone is there to listen to them in times of need.
7. “True friends are never apart. Maybe in distance, but never in heart.”
- This is a great quote for long distance friendships. Everyone’s lives are different. Your friends might move far away to be with a partner, perhaps they’re relocating for a job – if someone is your true friend, it shouldn’t matter how near or far away they are, they’ll love you all the same. True friendship is when you can be without the other person for a long time and still laugh exactly the same when you meet again. It shouldn’t matter how long it’s been since you’ve seen each other, things will always be the same whenever you meet.
8. “Friendship isn’t about who you’ve known the longest. It’s about who walked into your life and said ‘I’m here for you’ and proved it.”
- Real friends will always be there for you. Sometimes it takes a tough situation to really figure out who your true friends are. If a friend is there for you when you need them most, then they’ll surely be a friend for life. Just because you’ve known someone for longer than someone else, that doesn’t make them any better of a friend.
9. “Best friends are people who make your problems their problems jus so you don’t have to go through them alone.”
Everybody loves to feel like they’re making a difference in someone’s life. That’s why a best friend will go out of their way to support you and understand any pain you’re in. If you’re hurting, they’re hurting, and they’ll always be there to make your problems seem less painful.
10. “You are the sister I got to choose.”
- As previously quoted – Friends are the family you choose. If your best friend doesn’t feel more like a sister to you than anyone else, are they even really your best friend? Your friends are the closest people to you next to your immediate family and the best part is – you get to choose the people you let in your life.
Lifelong friends are truly a precious gift in this world.
Friends are forever. They help us through good times and bad, while always supporting our goals.
Did you enjoy this list of friends for life quotes? If you did, be sure to share it with your friends. Let us know which quote was your favorite in the comments below.
Related Article: 52 Best Quotes about Friendship with Images
Martha lives in the Bay Area and is a dedicated reader of romance novels. She runs a yoga studio and taught yoga for many years. She always says that yoga fuels her writing. She’s also a vegetarian and advocate for living a healthy life. Martha has been writing for us for a while now, giving readers a glimpse into her lifestyle and work.