Hippies can often have a very interesting insight to life, peace and love.
When you think of a hippie, what first springs to mind? Crazy clothes, peace, love, weed, Woodstock? Some of these assumptions on first impressions may be true, however, what would a wise hippie have to say? We have created this list of hippie quotes which includes some brilliant insight into life, peace and love. Hippie quotes are great because they are unique and offer some great insight into the world. We hope that you enjoy this list of hippie quotes and we would love to hear your thoughts on this list in the comments section below this article.
A Bit About Hippie Quotes
Hippie quotes are great for inspiring and motivating you to love more and spread peace because hippies like to spread these messages. If you know someone who may love this list of hippie quotes then please do be sure to give this article a share to your favourite social media sites, because you never know who’s life you might change with a simple share.
What is a hippie?
Hippies tend to be associated with the 1960’s and can usually be picked out for their unique style. They usually often have long hair and wear baggy clothes which are often tie-dyed. A hippie is also often associated with hallucinogenic drugs, particularly marijuana. However, many people define themselves as hippies but they don’t always look or take part in the things listed above. A hippie is basically what you make it yourself.
Why are hippie quotes so great?
Hippie quotes are great because they offer a unique and incredible insight on world issues. Hippie quotes are usually about peace, love, life and friendship. With this in mind, we have selected some of the best ever and most interesting hippie quotes in existence. We hope that you enjoy this list and we would love to hear your thoughts on these hippie quotes in the comments section below this article.
Our List of Hippie Quotes
Following is our list of hippie quotes which should inspire you today because hippie quotes tend to be very inspiring. If you know someone who may enjoy these quotes, then please do be sure to share these quotes with them because it may just make their day.
1. “To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.”― Aldous Huxley
The only way to truly discover what other countries are like, is to go out there and actually explore them for yourselves because only you can make your own opinion on a place. You can never really trust other people’s opinions on places. Many times, people will form an opinion on a place even when they’ve never been there themselves. If you truly want to discover what a country is like, you must go there and experience it for yourself.
2. “I’ve been smiling lately, dreaming about the world as one. And I believe it could be someday it’s going to come.”― Cat Stevens
This is a great quote about world peace because how great would it be if the world could live as one. This is a dream that has been in many people’s minds for many many years, and unfortunately, it still hasn’t come true yet. This quote is perfect if you believe in the dream of unity and world peace, because this is a something that many people want.
3. “The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars.'”― Jack Kerouac
This is an excellent quote and a great description of some of the best types of people to exist. People who are mad on living, talking and love everything around them are truly unique and the best types of people. These are the types of people that we should all try to surround ourselves with because that positive energy is contagious and something that needs to be spread throughout the world.
4. “All I’m gonna do is just go on and do what I feel.”― Jimi Hendrix
This is a great way to live and is something that more people need to do because we all only live once. If there is something you want to do in your life, then you need to just go out there and do it because life is worth living. We are all capable of great things and are all capable of achieving amazing things, so if there is something you want for yourself, go and get it today.
5. “Your mind is like a parachute, it doesn’t work unless it’s open.”― Jordan Maxwell
Many people in this day and age live with a closed mind because that is the way we are brought up. However, more people need to live with an open mind. People need to open their minds to opportunities and to all of the possibilities of life. We all only live once, and to live with a closed mind means that you are not fully taking advantage of your only chance at life on this earth.
6. “Love is all you need.”― The Beatles
Love is the most important part of life because without love, really we have nothing. It doesn’t matter how much money we have or what possessions we have, love is the most important thing in our lives. Whether that be the love from family, friends, a boyfriend, a girlfriend, a husband, a wife – you should surround yourself with love because that’s the only way to achieve true life happiness.
7. “I do my thing, and you do your thing. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you, and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, it’s beautiful.”― Frederick E. Perl
You should never worry about what other people think of you, because someone else’s opinion of you is irrelevant really. Similarly, you should never judge someone else because they have every right to live their life how they want to. Everyone has their own reasons for doing things, and we are all out here living our own lives. So with that in mind, live your life in the way you want and don’t take notice of other people’s opinions or actions.
8. “Do you want me to tell you something really subversive? Love is everything it’s cracked up to be. That’s why people are so cynical about it. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don’t risk anything, you risk even more.”― Erica Jong
This quote is great because love really is the best thing on earth. That’s because it’s the one thing that keeps us alive. Love gives us something to live for and something to fight for. It is the most important thing in our life because we all need to feel love in order to really feel something. Love is the best thing in the world, and this is something that should be agreed by everyone on earth.
9. “If you smile at me I will understand because that is something everyone, everywhere does in the same language.”― Jefferson Airplane
Smiling is one of the greatest things that we can do because it puts positivity out into the world. We should all make an effort to smile more because then we can spread our own positive vibes out into the world. When you’re walking past a stranger on the street, just give them a little smile. You might make their entire day by doing so. Smiles are usually contagious, so imagine the impact you could make on the world by smiling at everyone that you meet.
10. “You have to forget about what other people say, when you’re supposed to die, or when you’re supposed to be loving. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on & be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.”― Jimi Hendrix
Forget about what other people say to you or the opinions that other people have of you because they are irrelevant. All you really need to do it to appreciate life and live your own crazy life. Just be yourself, as crazy as that may be, because you only live once and you don’t want to have to change for other people. Just live your life the way in which you want to live it and you will ultimately be incredibly happy.
11. “I mean, I come from a hippie mentality where I just think to know someone, you need to look into their eyes. Eyes are so important. Until they start melon-balling eyes out, I won’t be able to get to know someone another way.”― Drew Barrymore
You can tell a lot about a person by their eyes and the way they look at you. If you really look into someone’s eyes then you will be able to learn a lot about them. Try it out the next time you meet someone new. Just look into their eyes and see all of the things that you can learn about them.
12. “Though it’s frequently portrayed as this crazy, unbridled festival of rain-soaked, stoned hippies dancing in the mud, Woodstock was obviously much more than that – or we wouldn’t still be talking about it in 2009. People of all ages and colors came together in the fields of Max Yasgur’s farm.”― Richie Havens
Woodstock was an incredible festival and something which has gone down in history. Many different types of people all came together for this one amazing festival and it has completely gone down in history, not only with hippies, but with everyone all over the world. It is still celebrated to this day so it had a huge impact on the world of music and the world of hippies.
We hope you enjoyed this list of hippie quotes.
Did you enjoy this list of hippie quotes? Perhaps you have some hippie quotes of your own that you think should be on this list? Or maybe you have some stories about hippies that you would like to share with us? We would love to hear them! Please leave a comment in the comment section below this article.
If you enjoyed this article or know someone who may benefit from reading it then please be sure to give it a share, because you never know whose life you could change with a simple share!
Related Article: How To Inspire Others: The Ultimate Feel Good Guide