The word “hero” can mean a different thing to different people.
Some heroes are famous and are seen as heroes by many people all around the world. Other heroes are less well known, and work in the background to make the world a better place. No matter what type of hero it is, it can be agreed that heroes are all great people who deserve recognition and deserve to be praised. In order to acknowledge and appreciate all of the heroes in the world, we have created this list of hero quotes and sayings with beautiful images. We hope that you enjoy this list of hero quotes and we would love to hear your thoughts on them in the comments section below this article.
A Bit About Hero Quotes
Hero quotes are great for celebrating all of the different types of hero in the world. If there is someone that you know that is a hero in your eyes, be sure to share some of these quotes with them. We would also love to hear your thoughts on the quotes in our hero quotes list. Please leave us a comment in the comments section below this article.
What is a hero?
A hero can be defined in many ways, however overall, they can be defined as someone who does great things that have a positive impact on people’s lives. A hero may be someone who saves someone’s life, or someone who dedicates a lot of their time to charity with no need for anything in return, or they may be someone who offers you something that you need desperately at the right moment. Heroes can be defined in many ways, and it is really all down to how you see people, and what you personally define as being a hero.
Why are hero quotes so great?
Hero quotes are great because heroes should all be celebrated and appreciated. Our list of hero quotes highlights reasons why heroes are so great and acknowledges some of the reasons why heroes should be admired. We hope that you enjoy our list of hero quotes. If you know someone who is a hero to you or if you believe that someone you know would enjoy our list of hero quotes, then please be sure to give this article a share to your favourite social media sites.
Our List of Inspirational Hero Quotes
Following is our list of hero quotes which should inspire you today. These quotes are great for showcasing how great heroes really are. We hope that you enjoy these quotes and we would love to hear your thoughts on them in the comments section below this article.
1. Heroes don’t have the need to be known as heroes, they just do what heroes do because it is right and it must be done.
Shannon A. Thompson
Anyone who does great things for others without even needing the recognition for it can be classed as a hero. There are many different things which define a hero. They are basically a person who does things for the greater good and does things that have a positive impact on people’s lives. This can be anything at all, but will always be something good.
2. A hero. You want to be one of those rare human beings who make history, rather than merely watch it flow around them like water around a rock.
Heroes have a hugely positive impact on the world. Many heroes will be famous. Whether that be worldwide famous or just famous within a little town, they will be famous and will be recognised as being a person that has done great things. It doesn’t matter what the hero has done to become known as a hero, it is the fact that people know them as a hero which will allow their name to go down in history as a true hero.
3. To be heroic is to be courageous enough to die for something; to be inspirational is to be crazy enough to live a little.
Heroes are usually incredibly courageous people who will put their lives at risk in order to save others. Many people will see policemen, firemen or members of the army as heroes, as they spend their lives putting their own life at risk in order to protect others. An overall view of a hero is that they are someone who is incredibly courageous and brave.
4. To have no heroes is to have no aspiration, to live on the momentum of the past, to be thrown back upon routine, sensuality, and the narrow self.
Charles Horton Cooley
Heroes are people to be admired and we should all aspire to be our own version of a hero. A hero is someone that we can all look up to and we should all try to be more like a hero every day. There are always heroic things that can be done every single day, so look out for opportunities to be a hero and seize those opportunities.
5. Real heroes are men who fall and fail and are flawed, but win out in the end because they’ve stayed true to their ideals and beliefs and commitments.
Never be afraid of failure because failure is all a part of life. Life is all about failing and then learning from those failures to become a better person overall. Real winners are the people who do not allow failures to stop them from achieving all of the things that they want. Real heroes will push themselves until they get everything that the want and make a difference in the world for the better.
6. We do not have to become heroes overnight. Just a step at a time, meeting each thing that comes up … discovering we have the strength to stare it down.
Becoming a hero can take time. There is no secret to becoming a hero, since there are so many different types of hero. Some people can become a hero over a long course of time doing great things for others. If you want to become a true hero, just take one step at a time towards becoming a good person who lives to help other people and do things often for the greater good.
7. Friends are the real superheroes. They battle our worst enemies—loneliness, grief, anxiety, depression, fear, and doubt—every time they come around.
Richelle E. Goodrich
To many of us, our friends are the biggest heroes in our lives. Our friends are the people who are always there for us, will always stand up for us, and will always fight for us. If you have some amazing and true friends in your life, then those people will more than likely be heroes to you, and you will also be heroes to them. This is because friends are always there for each other and will always have a positive impact on each other’s lives.
8. A hero is someone who rebels or seems to rebel against the facts of existence and seems to conquer them. Obviously that can only work at moments. It can’t be a lasting thing. That’s not saying that people shouldn’t keep trying to rebel against the facts of existence. Someday, who knows, we might conquer death, disease and war.
A hero is someone who will try to make a change of things. It is someone who will try to change the world for the better and rebel against the normal to make the world a much better place. A hero is a hero because not everyone is brave enough to go against those normal to try to do something good. So someone who is a hero is a unique and admirable individual.
9. Unconsciously we all have a standard by which we measure other men, and if we examine closely we find that this standard is a very simple one, and is this: we admire them, we envy them, for great qualities we ourselves lack. Hero worship consists in just that. Our heroes are men who do things which we recognize, with regret, and sometimes with a secret shame, that we cannot do. We find not much in ourselves to admire, we are always privately wanting to be like somebody else. If everybody was satisfied with himself, there would be no heroes.
Heroes are often recognised as the people who are braver than ourselves. They are usually people who will do acts of goodness or courageous things that we ourselves may be too scared to do. That is what makes a hero a unique and admirable person – because they do things that we simply cannot do, or are too afraid to even try.
10. I think a hero is any person really intent on making this a better place for all people.
A hero is someone who will really try to make the world a much better place for everyone. If you know someone out there who has a positive impact in everything that they do, and they’re constantly trying to do things for the greater good, then that person is without a doubt a true and real hero.
We hope you enjoyed this list of hero quotes.
Did you enjoy this list of hero quotes? Perhaps you have some hero quotes of your own that you think should be on this list? Or maybe you have some stories about a hero that you know, or a time that you yourself did a heroic act that you would like to share with us? We would love to hear them! Please leave a comment in the comment section below this article.
If you enjoyed this article or know someone who may benefit from reading it then please be sure to give it a share! If you also know someone who is a hero in your eyes then please do leave a comment in the comments section below as we would love to hear all about their heroic actions!
Related Article: Courage Quotes To Help Remind You What Real Bravery Looks Like
Martha lives in the Bay Area and is a dedicated reader of romance novels. She runs a yoga studio and taught yoga for many years. She always says that yoga fuels her writing. She’s also a vegetarian and advocate for living a healthy life. Martha has been writing for us for a while now, giving readers a glimpse into her lifestyle and work.