Bring love and joy to your loved ones by sending out Christmas greetings. Traditionally, Christmas is celebrated by giving gifts and sending Christmas cards. Due to modern technology, heartwarming Christmas messages can now be emailed. This is more convenient than going to the post office to mail them. This is an excellent way of showing your friends and family that you care and think of them during this important day of the year. Create a list, buy some cards and be sure to send them out to your loved ones. Here are 110 special Christmas greetings that you can send to the special persons in your life. It contains the exact words needed to spread Christmas joy during this magical holiday season. Christmas wishes give you the opportunity to convey your sincere thoughts to anyone you know.
Looking for amazing Christmas greetings for your friends and family? The best Christmas messages should come from the heart. But sometimes even the best of the best may not be enough. In order to provide you with some inspiration, we will present to you our favorite collection of Christmas greetings and sayings.
110 Best Merry Christmas Greetings, Sayings, and Phrases
1. I hope this Christmas is so merry you talk about it for years to come.
Receiving Christmas cards can boost happiness.
2. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.
Christmas cards are now easier to do with the use of online services.
3. Love, fellowship, and togetherness make the Christmas season all the more special…
Christmas cards can be used as decorations in your friends and family’s homes.
4. May your holidays be merry and bright.
Sending Christmas cards gives you the chance to hook up with your old acquaintances.
5. I wish you joy all through your holidays. I wish you good luck that forever stays.
Christmas is the time that families and friends are brought back together again.
6. Treasure the moments that capture our hearts.
Christmas lets us appreciate the special people in our lives that we often take for granted.
7. The best gift around the tree is the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.
During this holiday season, let us take the time to enjoy the simple things in life.
8. Today in the town of David a Saviour has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord.
Christmas is the time to give and share.
9. If God takes the time to make each snowflake one-of-a-kind and unique…
Take the time to enjoy the things that really matters.
10. She will give birth to a Son, and you are to give Him the name Jesus.
For some people, Christmas is the most important holiday of the year.
11. Joy attend you, peace divine on your household fall, heavenly blessings freely given by the Lord of all.
Christmas is the time for making wishes come true.
12. Just as Christmas lights bring light to a dark season, Christ brings light to a dark world.
If you have a busy life then you should take some time to enjoy the magic of this holiday season.
13. Let’s be naughty (and save Santa the trip)
Funny Christmas greetings are a hilarious way of making your friends laugh.
14. With all good wishes, may Merry Christmas be a bright promise of a Happy New Year.
Take a break from your busy life and show your loved ones that you care by sending them Christmas greetings.
15. Christmas, my child, is love in action.
The best present that you could ever hope for is spending time together with your special someone.
16. Extending hearty Christmas greetings and wishing you every success in the coming year.
What can be better than eating food and opening presents with your family?
17. And being found in human form, He humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.
The best thing about Christmas is that regardless of what you’ve done in the past, it gives you a fresh start.
18. Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.
There is no greater gift this Christmas than spending time with your family.
19. But whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst.
Christians all over the world celebrate Christmas by remembering Jesus.
20. Family means warmth, connection, all the things Christmas really means.
Let your family know how much you care for them.
21. The one thing women don’t want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband.
This is one of the funniest Christmas greetings that can surely make anyone laugh.
22. Never a Christmas morning, never the old year ends, but somebody thinks of somebody…
Christmas time is the time to forgive and forget.
23. May all the sweet magic of Christmas conspire to gladden your hearts and fill every desire.
Christmas is the most joyful time of the year.
24. Let the spirit of love gently fill our hearts and homes.
Christmas greetings can bring a smile on anyone’s face.
25. Let the gently falling snow bring love, laughter, and Christmas cheer.
You may have done things that you’ve regret, however, this is Christmas time so try to forgive yourself cause you deserve to be happy.
26. May this Christmas… bring you the message of peace and repose…
This is the season for joy, so forget about your worries and enjoy the holidays!
27. I wish this Christmas enclose you with the warmth of kindness!
Be happy, forgive easily and try to see the good in everyone!
28. Can I keep you forever? You are the Christmas present that I never want to lose.
Christmas is always jolly especially if you spend it together with your darling!
29. Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind.
This Christmas season, start changing yourself for the better. Be the person that you want to be.
30. As the festival of Christmas fills cheers in our mind, we get mesmerized on the magic of Christmas.
Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year.
31. May this Christmas be bright and cheerful and may the New Year begin on a prosperous note!
Christmas is a religious festival that is celebrated every 25th of December.
32. Let us enjoy this Christmas which has allowed us to share our joy with near and dear ones.
Christmas is the time of the year when everyone sends their warm thoughts and wishes.
33. Yuletide is a season of peace, goodwill, and abundance of mercy…
Sending the best Christmas greetings to your dear ones show your sincerity towards them.
34. Faith makes all things possible, hope makes all things work.
Christmas has different meanings to different people. However, anybody would appreciate a simple card with heartfelt Christmas greetings.
35. A Savior has been born to you; He is Christ the Lord.
Christmas greetings can make anyone feel special.
36. May the meaning of Christmas be deeper, its friendships stronger and its hopes brighter…
Presents, decorations, lights, Christmas greetings, family, and friends can brighten up your Christmas holiday!
37. I wish you and your family a wonderful day.
Sending Christmas greetings is a gesture of goodwill and friendship.
38. Ho ho ho, peace, joy, hope, snowflakes, holly jolly, Santa and toys.
When sending Christmas cards, it’s best to send it early than late.
39. May this Christmas end the present fear on a cheerful note…
Christmas is not just about the presents but also the lights, decorations and the warmth it brings.
40. A little smile, a word of cheer, a bit of love from someone near…
The Christmas spirit encourages us to reconnect with friends and family.
41. Peace is not the absence of trouble, but the presence of Christ.
Share the holiday spirit by sending Christmas greetings to those you love.
42. Have a holly jolly Christmas, it’s the best time of the year!
The holiday season is a time to enjoy fond memories, old and new.
43. May this Christmas fill your homes with the peace and joy of Christ.
Christmas is a special event when family and friends gather together to share the joy of the season.
44. Christmas thoughts, Christmas wishes, Christmas joys, Christmas kisses.
Christmas greetings always play an important role during this holiday season.
45. Hope you have a sleigh full of fun this Christmas!
Christmas is the time when people get together to express their love and happiness.
46. Wishing you a Christmas bright, full of pleasure and delight.
The essence of Christmas should always remain in each one of us.
47. What do you call people who are afraid of Santa Claus? Claustrophobic!
Want to make your friends giggle this holiday season? If so then send them funny Christmas messages.
48. All I want for Christmas is a quiet winter walk, your mittened hand in my hand.
What a great Christmas it would be if your special someone is beside you!
49. Sending love, joy, and festive wishes to the world’s best turkey carving…
Christmas is a special event that brings lots of love, happiness and fun.
50. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
Christmas season is the most exciting and the most awaited event of the year.
51. May the spirit of Christmas bring you peace… The gladness of Christmas gave you hope…
Christmas wishes are the best way to show how much you really love your family and friends and how hard it is to live without them.
52. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas, have a great new year!
Christmas greetings can be short as long as they contain the best and the most attractive words.
53. May the holiday season bring happiness and joy to you and your loved ones.
Christmas signifies peace, love, and happiness.
54. If you look for me at Christmas, you won’t need a special star.
Christmas is celebrated on December 25, which is the day when Jesus was born.
55. May the miracle of Christmas fill your heart with warmth and love.
People celebrate this holy festival faithfully and traditionally.
56. Christmas: Several weeks of Hell for Christ’s sake!
It’s the magical time of the year when we share love, feelings, and funny Christmas greetings.
57. May the Christmas season fill your home with family and friends, your heart with love.
Christmas is traditionally celebrated by giving gifts.
58. Christmas waves a magic wand over this world and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.
Christmas is the biggest festival of the year that is celebrated all over the world.
59. God’s blessings be yours this Christmas!
This is a special festival that can make everyone look happy.
60. The magic of Christmas never ends and its greatest of gifts are family and friends.
Christmas season is the perfect opportunity to send warm wishes.
61. Heap on the wood! – the wind is chill; But let it whistle as it will.
Sending out Christmas cards can bring cheer to your family and friends.
62. Have yourself a very Merry Christmas count your blessings and be thankful may you all reap the fruits of your hard work.
Business owners can send holiday greetings to their employees and customers to show their appreciation.
63. Hope your Christmas is a perfect measure of fun and laughter!
Christmas cards are a great way of staying in touch with your friends and family.
64. Take your passion and make it come true.
The best thing about Christmas is that it reminds us the beauty of life which we sometimes take for granted.
65. Santa Claus has the right idea, visit people once a year.
Christmas should be a time for celebration and love.
66. May the peace and hope of Christ’s birth be with you now and in the days ahead.
Christmas is a gift from God.
67. Merry Christmas and that the happiness of this holidays can be repeated every day of the New Year.
Let’s celebrate this holiday season with fun and party.
68. Keep Christ in Christmas.
This Christmas, enjoy all the good moments with lots of hope and happiness.
69. May your Christmas be like Santa Claus fat, jolly and generous.
Let’s dance and have some fun! After all, it’s Christmas time!
70. It is the night of our dear Savior’s birth.
Let us rejoice and celebrate the birth of Jesus, our Savior and our King.
71. One of the real joys of the Holiday Season is the opportunity to say Thank You.
Nothing makes this Christmas happier than sharing this season with a special friend.
72. You are special, you are unique; may your Christmas be also as special and unique as you are!
Heaven and earth are celebrating the birthday of our King, who sacrificed himself in order to save us from our sins.
73. May your life be colorful, magnificent, shimmering and joyful.
The very essence of Christmas season is the birthday celebration of Jesus Christ.
74. Christmas is all about, counting your blessings and being thankful for the things dear to you!
This is the time when the whole world, expect non-Catholics, will be merry.
75. The Christmas day brings memories and kindest thoughts untold…
Christmas is the largest festival all around the world and millions of people are celebrating it.
76. Hello! Yes, I’m busy but I’ve just time to say Merry Christmas.
In this season of love, fill your home with hope and happiness.
77. This Christmas may you have the fulfillment of seeing around you the people you love the most.
Christmas is usually celebrated with parties, carols, decorations and most of all sending Christmas wishes.
78. May all your days be merry and bright, may your Christmas be white!!!
During Christmas time, people are expected to have a shopping spree.
79. May your holidays be the brightest and a new year full of hope.
May this magical holiday bring you wealth, health, and peace.
80. Last year, I asked Santa for the sexiest person ever for Christmas… I woke up in a box.
May this Christmas gives you the confidence to face all the challenges waiting ahead.
81. Be Jolly and make good cheer for Christmas comes but once a year.
This Christmas season you should also pray for the people who have no place to live. Share love and happiness with them too!
82. Christmas is most truly Christmas when we celebrate it by giving the light of love to those who need it most.
The greatest gifts of Christmas are your family and friends.
83. Wishing you a joyful Christmas season!
Holiday greetings can warm the hearts of the special people in your life.
84. May the peace and joy that Christmas brings… always be with you and your family!
The best way of spreading holiday cheers is to send out Christmas greetings.
85. Merry Christmas! May it be especially bright and glad. The New Year best of all you ever had.
When writing a Christmas message, it’s best to start it with short and sweet Christmas greetings.
86. I used to think being a kid on Christmas was the best thing ever. But it turns out having kids on Christmas is!
Create Christmas cards for the special people who have made a great impact on your life.
87. One of a kind Christmas gifts for the unique ones.
Start spreading the spirit of the holiday season by sending out Christmas cards.
88. Sharing our thoughts together while celebrating this season is such a happy thing for me.
In writing Christmas card messages, you should take some serious time and effort on it.
89. May you feel all the love and joy I have for you throughout this holiday season and all year round.
Share the Christmas spirit with your acquaintances and loved ones.
90. Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas.
Christmas reminds us how much God truly love us.
91. May the good times and treasures of the present become the golden memories of tomorrow.
Sharing this Christmas season together with your friends and family is the greatest gift of all.
92. The journey of life is with many twists and turns but with faith and courage, no obstacle can stop you…
During this Christmas season, let us treasure what is truly important in our lives.
93. To your enemy, forgiveness. To your opponent, tolerance.
The true meaning of Christmas is doing a little something for someone.
94. There’s no you and me on Christmas Day, it’s just us!
I love you even more than Christmas…
95. Wishing our friends and family a joyous holiday filled with peace, love, and prosperity.
If you open your heart then you can truly appreciate the beauty of life and all the things that the earth has provided you.
96. This Christmas, may all your past sins be forgiven, may you get a chance to live life a new.
Christmas is not about the things that you receive but the love that you give.
97. May your world be filled with warmth and good cheer this Holy season, and throughout the year!
The greatest gift I want to receive this Christmas is to celebrate it with you.
98. May this Christmas be so special that you never ever feel lonely again and be surrounded by loved ones throughout!!!
Be contented and always give love!
99. Fill up your life with love, compassion, tolerance, peace, and happiness…
Spread love and let everybody feel the love of Christ.
100. May this Christmas marks the beginning of a wonderful year for us.
As we celebrate this Christmas season, let us not forget to thank Jesus for coming into our lives. Let us welcome Him in our hearts.
101. He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree.
Most people usually hope to have an enjoyable Christmas.
102. May this year be more promising than the year before! Spread the happiness all around you!
Christmas is not just for one day but forever loving, sharing and giving.
103. When they saw the star, they rejoiced exceedingly…
Christmas is the time when people are rushing through the malls, lights shining everywhere and children waiting for their presents.
104. Christmas Group Therapy
Sending funny Christmas greetings can make anyone laugh.
105. May this Christmas end the present year on a cheerful note and make way for a fresh and bright new year.
Christ, our Lord, and Savior came to earth and died for us. This is the true meaning of Christmas.
106. And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him…
If you have faith then all things can be possible.
107. Maybe Christmas doesn’t come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps means a little bit more.
With hope, you can make all things work.
108. Did you really think I would forget to wish you a Merry Christmas?
Your love is the best gift of all!
109. And the angel answered her, the Holy Spirit will come upon you…
Happy Birthday, Baby Jesus!
110. Always have – surely do – Always will – wish for you. A Merry Christmas!
Love can make all things beautiful. Share love this Christmas!
History of Christmas Cards
It was in 1843 when the tradition of sending Christmas cards has started thanks to Sir Henry Cole. He was the civil servant who took part in setting up the Public Record Office, which is now known as the Post Office. He was trying to look for ways on how this office can serve ordinary people. He came up with the concept of Christmas cards, which he collaborated with his friend, John Horsley. Horsley created the first Christmas card that costs 1 shilling, which is equivalent to 8 cents. The card has three parts. The left portion and the right portion were images of caring for the poor. On the middle portion is a picture of a family having a Christmas dinner! This card received some criticisms since it showed a kid being given a glass of wine.
They printed about 1000 of these cards and all of them were sold. Nowadays, this particular Christmas card is very rare and can cost thousands of dollars.
In 1860, the printing methods have evolved and more Christmas cards were being produced. The first cards were using the image of the Nativity scene. Later on, snow sceneries were used. Snow settings were famous in the UK since it depicted the harsh weather that occurred in 1836.
During the later part of 1840, Christmas cards were produced in the United States, however, they are too costly and a few people can only afford to buy them. In 1875, Louis Prang began creating cards which are more affordable. Prang’s cards consisted of plants, kids, and flowers. In 1915, John C. Hall along with his two brothers produced Hallmark cards, which are still existing today.
Moving forward, Christmas cards come in different styles and designs. Mostly it consists of Santa Claus, Christmas trees, winter scenes and others. Some charities also created their own cards in order to raise some money during Christmas season.
So are you planning on sending out Christmas greetings this year? Sending Christmas cards is much better since they look amazing and it won’t take too much of your time to wish anyone a merry Christmas. Christmas is not only a season of joy and a time to be romantic but it’s also a time for job hunting!
Anna works as a full-time writer and editor and has devoted the last ten years of her career to assisting readers in improving their perspective on life. She is a Cultural Studies graduate and now contributes to Good Morning Quotes by sharing her traveling experiences and social knowledge with our readers. When she is not typing up her next article, Anna enjoys spending time with friends, visiting new places, and supporting a healthy lifestyle.