Halloween is here, and here are some amazing Halloween quotes to make your spooky day even better.
Credit: Petar Milošević
We are well into Fall now, and guess what that means? HALLOWEEN! You will dress up in your spookiest costumes, take your little ones out for a bit of fun, and gorge yourself on cider and candy. Or maybe you prefer parties and clubs with costume contests instead of trick or treating. Even better – perhaps a night in, with some popcorn, a bunch of scary shows and movies in a darkened sitting room under a blanket is a bit better. Either way, there’s just one thing missing: Some great, spooky Halloween quotes.
Quotes make any holiday better, and Halloween is no exception. There are any number of quotes that can be the orange icing on your Halloween cupcake. So sit, back, relax, and have fun with these awesome Halloween quotes!
Halloween Quotes to Spook You
Halloween is a beloved holiday for a variety of reasons. Some love the candy while others love the thrill of dressing up. No matter what your favorite aspect is, these Halloween quotes embody the best parts of the spooky holiday.
1. Halloween Quotes – “We make up horrors to help us cope with the real ones.” –Stephen King
2. Halloween Quotes – “Magic is really very simple. All you’ve got to do is want something and then let yourself have it.” –Aggie Cromwell
3. Halloween Quotes – “If human beings had genuine courage, they’d wear their costumes every day of the year, not just on Halloween.” –Douglas Coupland
4. Halloween Quotes – “Just because I cannot see It doesn’t mean I can’t believe it!” –Jack Skellington
5. Halloween Quotes – “Double, double toil and trouble; fire burn and cauldron bubble.” –William Shakespeare
6. Halloween Quotes – “Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain.” –J.K. Rowling
7. Halloween Quotes – “Halloween was confusing. All my life my parents said, ‘Never take candy from strangers.’ And then they dressed me up and said, ‘Go beg for it.’” –Rita Rudner
8. Halloween Quotes – “A mask tells us more than a face.” –Oscar Wilde
9. Halloween Quotes – “It’s just a bunch of hocus pocus!” –Max From Hocus Pocus
10. Halloween Quotes – “Werewolves howl. Phantoms prowl. Halloween’s upon us now.” –Richelle E. Goodrich
11. Halloween Quotes – “It’s Halloween; everyone’s entitled to one good scare.” –Brackett
12. Halloween Quotes – “Clothes make a statement. Costumes tell a story.” –Mason Cooley
13. Halloween Quotes – “I put a spell on you because you’re mine.” –Jay Hawkins
14. Halloween Quotes – “Halloween wraps fear in innocence, as though it were a slightly sour sweet. Let terror, then, be turned into a treat.” –Nicholas Gordon
15. Halloween Quotes – “Anyone could see that the wind was a special wind this night, and the darkness took on a special feel because it was All Hallows’ Eve.” –Ray Bradbur
16. Halloween Quotes – “There is a child in every one of us who is still a trick-or-treater looking for a brightly-lit front porch.” –Robert Brault
17. Halloween Quotes – “The farther we’ve gotten from the magic and mystery of our past, the more we’ve come to need halloween.” –Paula Guran
18. Halloween Quotes – “Some people are born for halloween, and some are just counting the days until Christmas.” –Stephen Graham Jones
19. Halloween Quotes – “I love halloween, and I love that feeling: the cold air, the spooky dangers lurking around the corner.” –Evan Peters
20. Halloween Quotes – “Every day is halloween, isn’t it? For some of us.” –Tim Burton
21. Halloween Quotes – “Where there is no imagination, there is no horror.” –Arthur Conan Doyle
22. Halloween Quotes – “There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.” –George Carlin
23. Halloween Quotes – “I’ve seen enough horror movies to know that any weirdo wearing a mask is never friendly.” –Elizabeth
24. Halloween Quotes – “It’s as much fun to scare as to be scared.” –Vincent Price
25. Halloween Quotes – “One need not be a chamber to be haunted. One need not be a house. The brain has corridors surpassing material place.” –Emily Dickinson
26. Halloween Quotes – “Halloween is not only about putting on a costume, but it’s about finding the imagination and costume within ourselves.” –Elvis Duran
27. Halloween Quotes – “Believe nothing you hear and only one half that you see.” –Edgar Allen Poe
28. Halloween Quotes – “Everyone is a moon and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody.” –Mark Twain
29. Halloween Quotes – “Hell is empty and all the devils are here.”
30. Halloween Quotes – “Villains wear many masks, none so dangerous as the mask of virtue.” –Ichabod Crane
31. Halloween Quotes – “There is something haunting in the light of the moon.” —Joseph Conrad
32. Halloween Quotes – “On Halloween you get to become anything that you want to be.” —Ava Dellaira
33. Halloween Quotes – “A ghost can be a lot of things. A memory, a daydream, a secret; grief, anger, guilt. But in my experience, most times they’re just what we want to see.” —Steven Crain
34. Halloween Quotes – “I’m not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.” —Michael Scott From the Office
35. Halloween Quotes – “Halloween is the only time people can become what they want to be without getting fired.” —Sylvester Stallone
36. Halloween Quotes – “I don’t know that there are real ghosts and goblins, but there are always more trick-or-treaters than neighborhood kids.” —Robert Brault
37. “I’ll stop wearing black when they make a darker color.” —Wednesday Addams From the Addams Family
38. “Shadows of a thousand years rise again unseen. Voices whisper in the trees, ‘Tonight Is Halloween!’” —Dexter Kozen
39. “Halloween should be a day in which we honor monsters and not be mad at each other.” —Michael Scott
40. “Halloween was the best holiday, in my opinion, because it was all about friends, monsters, and candy, rather than family and responsibility.”—Margee Kerr
41. “Listen to them—the Children of the Night. What music they make!” —Bram Stoker
42. “On Halloween, witches come true; wild ghosts escape from dreams. Each monster dances in the park.” —Nick Gordon
43. “Halloween is a day in which some people choose to wear a mask, while others finally feel safe to take theirs off.” ―Steve Maraboli
44. “It’s easier to dismiss ghosts in the daylight.” ―Patricia Briggs From dragon Bones
45. “The universe is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.” —Eden Phillpots
46. “Halloween is a celebration of the inversion of reality and a necessary Gothic hat-tip to the darker aspects of life, death, and ourselves.” —Stewart Stafford
47. “She’d always loved Halloween. A magic night. A night when anything could happen. Monsters could be real. Magic could whisper in the air.” —Cynthia Eden
48. “I’m a witch every day. Not just for Halloween.”
49. “She used to tell me that a full moon was when mysterious things happen and wishes come true.” —Shannon A. Thompson
50. “The world turned upside down–in a good way–for one black velvet night.” —Karen Fortunati
51. “We’re all mad here.” —Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
52. “There is nothing that gives more assurance than a mask.” —Collette
53. “The only thing we have to fear is fear itself… and spiders.”
54. “I’m wicked through and through.” —Elphaba From wicked
55. “Men say that in this midnight hour, the disembodied have power.” —William Motherwell
56. “Am I walking toward something I should be running away from?” —Shirley Jackson
57. “Shadows mutter, mist replies; darkness purrs as midnight sighs.” —Rusty Fischer
58. “The moon has awoken with the sleep of the sun, the light has been broken; the spell has begun.” —Midgard Morningstar
59. “True magic is neither black, nor white… it’s both, because nature is both. Loving and cruel, all at the same time.” —Lirio Santana from The Craft
60. “Most people will tell you growing up means you stop believing in Halloween things —I’m telling you the reverse. You start to grow up when you understand that the stuff that scares you is part of the air you breathe.” ―Peter Straub
71. “A person should always choose a costume which is in direct contrast to her own personality.
This excellent quote comes courtesy of Lucy Van Pelt from the classic It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. She was an interesting character, and often seen as a bit of a bully. However, this is a great one! The whole point of a costume is to be something you aren’t. If you dress up as something someone can see you as due to who you are as a person, while the costume might be great, it takes away the allure. So, when you go looking for those final touches, go outside your comfort zone. Pick a costume that nobody thinks you would ever wear. Find some accessories that will really make you stand out in a crowd. Lucy’s classic character really gives great advice on this one, making this one of the best Halloween quotes we could find.
72. “When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers, ’tis near Halloween.'”
Halloween is a mystical time. It arrives at that time of year that is right between summer and winter, the ever elusive autumn. The days are shorter, the light is scarce, and the wind is just sharp enough to whip your hair away from your face. This is the one holiday that gives the air that anything can happen. There are actual witches out there – people for whom Halloween is a time that is as sacred as any number of holidays. It is an amazing thing to watch the mystique play out in so many ways.
We think of Halloween as a time for fun, and it is! But there are also real roots there, so this is a time to maybe go outside the box and learn about the history behind the holiday. While you eat your candy, watch your scary movies, and go to your parties, maybe take a minute to learn a little about the holiday, too!
73. “Some people are born for Halloween, and some are just counting the days until Christmas.”
This quote from Stephen Graham Jones is one of those Halloween quotes that is oh so true. Some people, like me, LOVE Halloween. We wish there were an entire season for it just like there is for the winter holidays. However, some people can’t wait for it to be over. There are no parties, no trick-or-treating, no costumes. So, maybe we should find something to help those people enjoy Halloween, too, even if the spooky stuff isn’t their cup of tea. Maybe find a movie to rent, or go drink some hot apple cider or go bobbing for apples. Also, if it’s Christmas you are waiting for, there is guaranteed to be things in stores and online everywhere that can help you with that as well. You can get Santa Claus hats to wear while you hit up the Christmas sales in the malls as they quickly mark down all of the Halloween candy and costumes. You’re going to have a ball on Halloween, no matter how you feel about the creepy holiday itself.
74. “There is magic in the air when pumpkins glow by midnight.”
The author of this particular quote is unknown, but we had to include it on this list of Halloween quotes. Halloween is a magical time, just in a different way from the way other holidays, like Christmas is. It’s a great time to have some fun, but never forget the magic behind it all as well. People come out for Solstice dances under the moon, and they really celebrate the spirit of the holiday. This is the sort of concept that makes us think of those witches in movies like Practical Magic, or maybe more light-hearted fare like Hocus Pocus. Either way, Halloween is a delightfully magical time!
75. “I love Halloween, and I love that feeling. The cold air, the spooky dangerous lurking around the corner.”
This quote from Evan Peters epitomizes Halloween, because Halloween epitomizes Fall. It’s the falling leaves, the weather that makes you reach into the closet for a pair of boots or a jacket and scarf. Then, there is the dusk like feel of a gray day, and the darkness that comes ever earlier. There is nothing more perfect than a Halloween that feels brisk and spooky all day long, as if there could be a ghost in every creaky old house, or perhaps a witch lurking behind the big pile of leaves someone just raked. Halloween and Fall go hand in hand, and this is one of those Halloween quotes that says that perfectly.
These Halloween quotes put the perfect cherry on top of anyone’s spooky holiday.
Halloween is one of those holidays that a lot of folks think of as all fun and good times. However, there is a rich history behind the holiday as well. Quotes can really tie concepts together, and they exist for almost every occasion. Halloween is no exception.
We here at Good Morning Quote hope you have enjoyed this list of Halloween quotes, and that they help make your holiday even better!
If you enjoyed this article, feel free to let us know in the comments section, and share on social media if you are so inclined. Happy Halloween!