Grief quotes can help us in putting our thoughts into perspective. Grief comes in various forms. It can be the death of a loved one, the loss of a home or a job, a relationship that ended, a divorce and other sometimes depressing situations. During these times, we sometimes feel that we lose ourselves as well as our identity. In times of grief, it is very important to move forward beyond this adversity. Sometimes we can get some advice from our friends and family. Or you can be influenced by this powerful collection of Overcoming Grief Quotes with Images.
37 Overcoming Grief Quotes with Images
1. The darkest nights produce the brightest stars.
What is lost when someone’s life is cut short?
2. Now she flies with the butterflies…
People who can love strongly are the ones who can suffer greatly. Grief quotes help us to deal with sadness.
3. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion…
When your friend lost someone, you’re afraid to mention it since it might make them sad.
4. I remember my aunt telling me however I chose to handle this would be the right way.
Always believe that you are braver, stronger and smarter than you think.
5. God wants you to enjoy your life now, not when.
With grief quotes, it’s hard to feel pleasure when you are in the depths of your sorrow.
6. You don’t get over it, you get through it…
If we can talk about our feelings then we can feel less pain.
7. A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor.
Deep grief is like standing in the forest and you cannot find the way to a better place.
8. Seek beauty in the depths of your anguish.
In order to endure, we should not be afraid of pain.
9. Love is like water; we can fall in it, we can drown in it and we can’t live without it.
Nobody has reminded me that grief can feel like fear.
10. Neither society nor the adopter who holds the child in her arms wants to confront…
Grief quotes about the agony of a mother who has lost her child.
11. The higher you build the walls around your heart, the harder you fall…
Grief quotes help us realize that grief is not a sign of weakness. It’s an emotional necessity. It’s the price you have to pay for loving someone.
12. A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back…
Life’s heaviest burden is when you have absolutely nothing to hold on to.
13. Sometimes this broken heart gives birth to anxiety and panic…
Grief can only be cured by grieving.
14. Much like the nature of the ocean, grief flows in waves.
Grief quotes will make you remember that you cannot get through life without experiencing pain.
15. An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby’s birth…
The only thing that you can offer to a grieving person is honest listening.
16. Say not, in grief that she has gone, but give thanks that she was yours.
Grieving is the only natural way of going through the loss of a loved one.
17. There is a sacredness in tears.
Grieving is much the same with crying. It’s the most natural way to heal a broken heart.
18. Not I or anyone else can travel the road for you.
Pain will not last forever. One day it will be gone.
19. There are moments which mark your life.
A friend who stays with us in our moments of grief is a friend who truly cares.
20. Never forget yesterday, but always live for today…
Grief quotes will help us learn how to love now that the one we love is already gone.
21. You were our lightning vibrant and beautiful.
Grief can be dangerous since it is a journey with no direction.
22. To love is to destroy, and that to be loved is to be destroyed.
Grieving is something that cannot be ignored.
23. The peaks and valleys never stop in life.
Resilience is not experienced in going down but in getting up again.
24. Grief does not change you. It reveals you.
Grieving is something which is inevitable, just like breathing.
25. Don’t stop on a difficult path, take it one step at a time.
Some of your friends may abandon you during your difficult times. This is because they care so much about you and it hurts them to see you suffer.
26. They say time heals all wounds, but that presumes the source of the grief is finite.
Sometimes it feels impossible for us to move on after suffering from a loss of a loved one.
27. What dealing with death taught me about love.
We should hold on to memories since these are the things that we don’t want to lose.
28. As long as I live, you will live.
Grief quotes will let you realize that time can heal your grief.
29. Do not stand at my grave and weep, I am not there…
Turn your worries to God.
30. You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Sometimes there are things that we do not want to happen. But it did, so we just need to accept it.
31. The hardest thing I’ve ever had to hear was that my child died.
In times of sorrow, most people seek refuge in grief quotes.
32. But grief is a walk alone.
Some people cry when they lose a loved one while others smile since they believe that they will see their loved one again.
33. There are no words I can tell you to make you feel okay.
It seems that the tears have no end when you grieve.
34. Your presence we miss, your memories we treasure…
Grief can be expressed silently through tears.
35. Grief Attacks
There will be no goodbyes since you are always in my heart.
36. Grief is like the ocean, it comes on waves ebbing and flowing.
My love for you grows deeper and stronger each day.
37. Loss and heartache do not define you.
Losing a loved one is the most tragic thing that could happen to us.
I hope you find comfort in these grief quotes. Losing someone may be hard but you have to go on living. Dealing with grief can be hard especially during the holidays when others are rejoicing. Life is a journey of struggles that we have to go through.
Anna works as a full-time writer and editor and has devoted the last ten years of her career to assisting readers in improving their perspective on life. She is a Cultural Studies graduate and now contributes to Good Morning Quotes by sharing her traveling experiences and social knowledge with our readers. When she is not typing up her next article, Anna enjoys spending time with friends, visiting new places, and supporting a healthy lifestyle.
Leave a Reply