For dog lovers out there, these cute, funny and famous dog quotes we prepared are especially for you. Dogs are very special to its owners. Dogs provide us protection, warmth, trust and best of all, an unconditional love. Let us examine what these canine lovers have to say about their beloved dogs.
Have you ever wondered what your dog would say if he/she can talk? Of course, it would be wonderful if our dogs can talk so that we will know what they are thinking about. We treat our dogs as a part of our family. In order to celebrate this, here are great and funny quotes about man’s best friend.
Sometimes pictures are not just enough. Are you looking for funny dog quotes? If so then you’ve come to the right place. Canines have the ability to imitate humans and you can see some of them here. What’s more, some of these quotes can even make you speechless and some can’t stop you laughing. Funny images can make you giggle, but when it’s combined with quotes it’s simply irresistible. A dog’s face is full of emotions. Whether it’s sitting, standing or staring, dogs can always bring joy to anyone. If you’re having a bad day, try reading these quotes to brighten up your day and transform your mood quickly. So, what are your waiting for? Laugh aloud with these dog quotes now.
82 Funny Dog Quotes with Images
1. “Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.” —Roger Caras
2. “Some of my best leading men have been dogs and horses.” —Elizabeth Taylor
3. “The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven not man’s.” —Mark Twain
4. “As wonderful as dogs can be, they are famous for missing the point.” —Jean Ferris
5. “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” —Will Rogers
6. “There is no faith which has never yet been broken, except that of a truly faithful dog.” —Konrad Lorenz
7.“I don’t understand people who don’t touch their pets. Their cat or dog is called a pet for a reason.” —Jarod Kintz
8. “If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience.” —Woodrow Wilson
9. “When an 85-pound mammal licks your tears away, then tries to sit on your lap, it’s hard to feel sad.” —Kristan Higgins
10. “Handle every situation like a dog. If you can’t eat it or play with it, just pee on it and walk away.”
11. “A dog can express more with his tail in minutes than his owner can express with his tongue in hours.”
12. “A dog desires affection more than its dinner. Well –almost.” —Charlotte Gray
13. “Dogs teach us a very important lesson in life: The mail man is not to be trusted.” —Sian Ford
14. “If you’re uncomfortable around my dog, I’m happy to lock you in the other room when you come over.”
15. “A dog is the only thing that can mend a crack in your broken heart.” —Judy Desmond
16. “The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.” —Andy Rooney
17. “Having a dog will bless you with many of the happiest days of your life, and one of the worst.”
18. “Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one is a life diminished.” —Dean Koontz
19. “Home is where the dog runs to greet you.”
20. “A dog can snap you out of any kind of bad mood that you’re in faster than you can think of.” —Jill Abramson
21. “Why does watching a dog be a dog fill one with happiness?” —Jonathan Safran Foer
22. “Money can buy you a fine dog, but only love can make him wag his tail.” —Kinky Friedman
23. “If the kindest souls were rewarded with the longest lives, dogs would outlive us all.”
24. “No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you rich.” —Louis Sabin
25. “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.” —M.K. Clinton
26. “Dogs are our link to paradise.” —Milan Kundera
27. “Bliss is the result of a silent conversation between me and my dog.”
28. “The greatest fear dogs know is the fear that you will not come back.”
29. “In times of joy, all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag.” —W.H. Auden
30. “If you think dogs can’t count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then give him only two of them.” —Phil Pastoret
31. I hump other dogs’ faces.
Take some time to really listen to your dog.
32. The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.
Regardless if dogs have a few years behind them, yet they possess wisdom.
33. Friendly dog, but beware of owner.
This is one of the funniest dog quotes.
34. Cool dog names for dogs too cool for ordinary names.
Your dog will show you that the key to being happy is just to live for that moment.
35. I’ve seen a look in a dogs’ eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt.
Looking at those adorable eyes. It will surely melt anyone’s heart.
36. Every snack you make, every meal you bake. Every bite you take, I’ll be watching you.
If Sting were a canine, he’d probably say these.
37. My dog winks at me sometimes… And I always wink back just in case it’s some kind of code.
We can learn a lot of things from our dogs. The most important of all is how to love unconditionally.
38. If you want the best seat in the house…you’ll have to move the dog.
Dogs will always have time to look for the best place on the couch.
39. Anybody who doesn’t know what soap tastes like never washed a dog.
Persons who have dogs treat them as members of their family.
40. Dogs’ lives are too short. Their only fault, really.
The experience of losing a dog is not easy. It’s tough but it’s a fact of life that we should accept.
41. My cute appearance is super deceiving – my farts are potent enough to clear a room of 30+ people.
Dogs can also be emotional and funny. But most of all, they love their owners dearly.
42. Every once in a while, a dog enters your life and changes everything.
Dogs are more loyal than any humans. Do you agree?
43. Dogs do speak, but only to those who know how to listen.
Who can resist those lovely puppy eyes?
44. There are very few things that’s more important than A GOOD SHIT.
Funny dog quotes can make you howl.
45. I don’t always bark at night. But when I do, it’s for no reason.
Most of these dog quotes will make you cry from laughing so much.
46. I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.
Want to bring a smile on your face? Then keep reading these dog quotes.
47. Everything I know, I learned from dogs.
When their loved ones come home, dogs always run to greet them.
48. The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.
Your dog is your most unselfish listener. He will always be there when you need a shoulder to cry on.
49. There are no bad days.. when you come home to a DOG’S LOVE!
So true! Sometimes we can’t wait to go home to play with our dogs.
50. Don’t accept your dog’s admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.
Your dog treats you as the best even if he doesn’t say it.
51. Around the lake with you? – That is SO not going to happen!
Dogs are your true and loving friends.
52. Be brave no matter your size. Take a nap. Hide your favorite snack.
Every dog should have a home and every home should have a dog.
53. You threw it, you go get it…
Too bad, this dog does not want to play fetch anymore.
54. A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
No humans can ever love you like a dog can.
55. I sneak into the house of our Buddhist neighbors, and eat their food offerings to Buddha.
I really love this dog!!!
56. Scratch a dog and you’ll find a permanent job.
Your dog will be your cutest boss. He’ll always keep you busy and wants more.
57. It’s ok, I’m not cold anymore.
Never take your pet for granted.
58. If your dog is fat, YOU need more exercise!
Dogs are the best!
59. Every boy should have two things: a dog, and a mother willing to let him have one.
Dogs will always love you no matter what.
60. My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dog already thinks I am.
This look can surely melt anyone’s heart.
61. The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him…
Funny dog quotes can always lift your spirit.
62. You have NO idea how hard it was to learn this!
Adopt a dog and you will surely change his/her life.
63. You funny kid! You tell funny joke! lol!
All you need is love…and a dog.
64. Animals are such agreeable friends. They ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.
Dogs will never ask for more. They are willing to accept what you can give.
65. Forget the dog, beware of the kids.
This serves as a warning to your guests to watch out for your kids!
66. There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.
Dogs aren’t doctors but they know how to comfort you when you’re feeling down.
67. What do you call someone with no body and a nose?
Dogs are so adorable!!!!!
68. A dog will always be happier to see you than any person ever will.
A bold statement that is so true.
69. If our dog doesn’t like you we probably won’t either.
LOL! You will really need this one!
70. Don’t let the dogs out no matter what they tell you.
All dogs matter.
71. A dog teaches a boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
Have you ever wondered why dogs turned around before they lay down? It’s because they want to trample down their resting place to make it comfortable.
72. I was wrong. We weren’t going to the park.
A loyal dog is the only being on earth that will always be there for you all the time.
73. I have a crayon addiction and I need help. I have a flip-flop problem too.
Every dog is valuable.
74. I came, I sniffed, I rolled in it.
Sometimes adult dogs look cuter than puppies.
75. If I had a pound for every time my dog made me smile… I’d be a Millionaire.
Dogs can always make us smile.
76. The more BOYS I meet the more I love my DOG.
Strongest bond ever.
77. Dogs are better than humans because they know but do not tell.
Dog lovers know something that nobody else does.
78. Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people…
The love that a dog can give you is the purest love of all.
79. Will you lay down with me until I fall asleep?
With those eyes, sometimes it’s impossible to say no.
80. Dogs never bite me. Just humans.
Humans have the tendency to stab you in the back.
81. We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare.
Dogs are truly man’s best friend.
82. Testing the water. Generally, it’s a good idea to do it BEFORE you leap in!
Ways to Treat Your Dog
It’s pretty simple: take care of them. Feed your dog, make their water accessible, take them on walks, and allow them to use the bathroom. But treating them entails so many more things than just these!
Here are some tips below:
- Get them a comfy bed. This is how you take care of a need by making it luxurious and comfy. Get them a bed large enough to stretch out on that has tons of cushion. If your dog is trained to feel safe in their crate, you can also put them in there with a little doggy bed.
- Take them out. An exciting thing to do with your dog is to take them for a car ride so they can stick their head out the window and feel the breeze, or take them to a dog park or a dog store to meet friends.
Dogs Are Man’s Best Friend
Dogs provide us with lots of good things. They make us happy whenever we are feeling down. They always put a smile on our face. Best of all, they teach us how to love unconditionally. We always heard the saying, “A dog is a man’s best friend.” But have you ever wondered how it started? According to Naturalist Mark Derr, dogs are descendants of wolves. During the early times, humans and wolves have a close bonding through hunting. Humans followed the wolves as they hunt. From then on, they started working and living together. Even if humans and dogs do not speak the same language but they share a deep love for each other that can last for a long time.
If you love your dog then please feel free to share these funny dog quotes on social media. They are especially dedicated to your dogs.
Tina Gray is a freelance journalist, theatre enthusiast and aspiring author. She has a passion for telling stories through various mediums and regularly writes for various online publications. Her short stories will soon be published in her first volume. Currently, she resides in the San Fernando Valley and is studying screenwriting.