Betrayal quotes can help us remember our friend who betrayed us. Do you have a friend who recently betrayed you? You trusted your friend so much and it hurts when you know that you have been betrayed by him/her.
It is very sad when the friend you love the most is the one who breaks your heart. You had beautiful memories together, sharing the laughter as well as the sadness. But suddenly the friendship has gone after the betrayal. You cannot trust him/her anymore because you are afraid that he/she will hurt you again. It’s really a miracle when strangers can turn into best friends but it’s also sad when best friends can turn into strangers.
Betrayal Quotes About Life And Friendship
Trust Betrayal Quotes
1. “While stabbing someone’s back, you recklessly expose your own.” ―Matshona Dhliwayo
2. “It’s scary how betrayal can never let you trust a person again.” ―Garima Soni
3. “When someone stabs you in the back and then apologizes, accept the apology, but don’t give him the knife back to do it again!” ―Bohdi Sanders
4. “Regardless of how big the victory, we win nothing by trampling the humanity of another.” ―Craig D. Lounsbrough
5. “The blade of betrayal, the sharpest of weapons, is wielded not by your enemies, but by your friends.” ―J.V. Hilliard
6. “But a dark, frightened part of her whispered that the most violent hate is born from the tightest love. And betrayal.” ―Rebecca Schaeffer
7. “Judas betrayed his friend for 30 pieces of silver. The rest of us do it for far less.” ―Marty Rubin
8. “Some people will rip out your heart with a steak knife then say, “Oops, sorry, do you need a plaster?” ―Wayne Gerard Trotman
9. “How can betrayal be a sin? In these turbulent times believing someone is a bigger crime.”
10. “One fake friend can do more damage than five enemies.”
11. “It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.” –William Blake
12. “You learned my secrets, scars, bruises, flaws and then you left.”
13. “Betray a friend and you’ll often find you have ruined yourself.” —Aesop
14. “I’m mature enough to forgive you, but I’m not dumb enough to trust you again.”
15. “Pleasure which must be enjoyed at the expense of another’s pain, can never be such as a worthy mind can fully delight in.” —Samuel Johnson
16. “It’s not just about who’s being real to your face, but also about who’s being real behind your back.”
17. “Keep talking about me behind my back, and watch God keep blessing me in front of your face.”
18. “A stab from a friend cuts deeper than a stab from a foe.” —Amit Kalantri
19. “Betraying someone once can be a mistake. Betraying someone twice is a choice.” ―Garima Soni
20. “It’s challenging to let go of a rock that you thought was a diamond because you were convinced that they were precious.”
21. “I cannot believe that every memory that we created together was meant to burn and not keep it safe.”
22. “Be careful who you tell your feelings to, because some people are waiting for the opportunity to use them against you.”
23. “Blame and betrayal are the emotional enemies of improvement.”
24. “Some people are willing to betray years of friendship just to get a little bit of the spotlight.” —Lauren Conrad
25. “Some of the most poisonous people come disguised as friends.”
26. “That was how dishonesty and betrayal started, not in big lies but in small secrets.” —Amy Tan
27. “When someone betrays you, it is a reflection of their character, not yours.”
28. “Here’s your knife back, I finally got it out of my back. I’m sure you’ll be needing it again.”
29. “I didn’t lose a friend. I just realized I never had one.”
30. “Love grows where trust is laid, and love dies where trust in betrayed.”
31. “Trust, once lost, could not be easily found. Not in a year, perhaps not even in a lifetime.” ―J.E.B. Spredemann
32. “Only those you trust can betray you.” ―Terry Goodkind
33. “Trust is earned, respect is given, and loyalty is demonstrated. Betrayal of any one of those is to lose all three.” ―Ziad Abdelnour
34. “First, there was trust. Then, there was betrayal. You cannot have one without the other. You cannot be betrayed by someone you do not trust.” ―Sarah Penner
35. “For there to be betrayal, there would have to have been trust first.” ―Suzanne Collins
Friend Betrayal Quotes
36. “Sometimes your dearest friend whom you reveal most of your secrets to becomes so deadly and unfriendly without knowing that they were not really your friend.” ―Michael Bassey Johnson
37. “I would rather my enemy’s sword pierce my heart then my friend’s dagger stab me in the back.” ―Michele Bardsley
38. “The worst pain in the world goes beyond the physical. Even further beyond any other emotional pain one can feel. It is the betrayal of a friend.” ―Heather Brewer
39. “Woe to who sells his companion for own personal benefit or tramples on him.” ―Kamaran Ihsan Salih
40. “It’s hard to tell who has your back, from who has it long enough just to stab you in it…” ―Nicole Richie
Broken Promise Betrayal Quotes
41. “You are going to break your promise. I understand. And I hold my hands over the ears of my heart so that I will not hate you.” ―Catherynne Valente
42. “Bittersweet? No, just bitter, the taste of your tongue. Words you can’t have back, so they linger.” ―Coco Ginger
43. “Words don’t have the power to hurt you, unless that person meant more to you than you are willing to confess.” ―Shannon Alder
Hurting Betrayal Quotes
44. “How shameful it is to hurt those who love us.” ―Wayne Gerard Trotman
45. “Some people are in such utter darkness that they will burn you just to see a light. Try not to take it personally.” ―Kamand Kojouric
46. “You can’t keep snakes in your backyard and expect them only to bite your neighbors. You know, eventually those snakes are going to turn on whoever has them in the backyard.” ―Hillary Rodham Clinton
47. “If you spend your time hoping someone will suffer the consequences for what they did to your heart, then you’re allowing them to hurt you a second time in your mind.” ―Shannon Alder
Mistake Betrayal Quotes
48. “It was a mistake,” you said. But the cruel thing was, it felt like the mistake was mine, for trusting you.” ―David Levithan
Wounded Heart Betrayal Quotes
49. “Some people will rip out your heart with a steak knife then say, “Oops, sorry, do you need a plaster?” ―Wayne Gerard Trotman
50. “Stab the body and it heals, but injure the heart and the wound lasts a lifetime.” ―Mineko Iwasaki
51. “Every broken heart has screamed at one time or another, “I want to know why!” ―Shannon Alder
Love Never Betray Betrayal Quotes
52. “One day you will learn that love does not always betray you.” ―Mary Balogh
53. “Love never betrays. People do.” ―Rohit Sharma
54. “I’m not really sure why. But… do you stop loving someone just because they betray you? I don’t think so.” ―Brandon Sanderson
55. “Betrayal isn’t ridiculous. It’s the reason empires fall.” ―Marisha Pessl
56. “Shattered legs may heal in time, but some betrayals fester and poison the soul.” ―George R.R. Martin
57. “By betraying yourself, you approve for others to betray you.” ―Meir Ezra
58. “When we fail, our pride supports us, and when we succeed it betrays us.” ―Charles Colton
59. “Betrayal is common for men with no conscience.” ―Toba Beta
60. “Betrayal is the only truth that sticks.” ―Arthur Miller
61. “If you’re betrayed, release disappointment at once. By that way, the bitterness has no time to take root.” ―Toba Beta
62. “You want to believe that there’s one relationship in life that’s beyond betrayal. A relationship that’s beyond that kind of hurt. And there isn’t.” —Caleb Carr
63. “Betrayal can only happen if you love.” —John le Carre
64. “All trust involves vulnerability and risk, and nothing would count as trust if there were no possibility of betrayal.” —Robert C. Solomon
65. “Mind what people do, not only what they say, for deeds will betray a lie.” —Terry Goodkind
66. “Beware the person that stabs you and then tells the world they’re bleeding!” —Jill Blakeway
67. “Trust can be lost within seconds, takes a lifetime to regain, and is never as strong again afterward.”
68. “Forgive yourself for the blindness that put you in the path of those who betrayed you. Sometimes a good heart doesn’t see the bad.”
69. “Sometimes the people closest to you betray you, and your home isn’t a place you can be happy anymore.” —Kristin Cast
70. “Be cautious of who is holding your quarters because as soon as they get four quarters, they will change them for a dollar.” —Alexis A. Davis
71. “Life is not about who’s real to your face, it’s about who’s real behind your back.”
72. “Trust can take years to build, but only a second to break.”
73. “There is always a lesson of a lifetime to learn in every betrayal.” —Edmond Mbiaka
74. “For me, I always wonder what’s worse: an emotional betrayal or a physical betrayal? That’s a really tough call.” —Hilarie Burton
75. “Don’t saw off the branch you’re sitting on.” —Swedish Proverbs
76. “Don’t bite the hand that feeds you.” —English Proverbs
77. “The knives of betrayal and drama cut deep and hurt… but they also trim away the nonsense and reveal your true friends.” —Steve Maraboli
78. “Backstabbers specialize in saying the wrong thing at the wrong time to the wrong person.” —Les Parrott
79. “Just because they say they’re praying for you in your face, doesn’t mean they aren’t laughing at your struggle behind your back.” —Trent Shelton
80. “Grow a thick skin – a very thick skin. And watch your back. For every back, there is a knife.” —Lily Chatterjee
81. “Dealing with backstabbers, there was one thing I learned. They’re only powerful when you got your back turned.” —Eminem
82. “To love without criticism is to be betrayed.” —Djuna Barnes
83. “The thorn from the bush one has planted, nourished and pruned pricks more deeply and draws more blood.” —Maya Angelou
84. “It’s a shame that the very people who you protect are the first ones to turn their backs on you.” —Autumn Kohler
85. “Betrayal is never easy to handle and there is no right way to accept it.” —Christine Feehan
86. “Pride had kept her running when love had betrayed her.” —Susan Elizabeth Phillips
87. “I was torn between holding on to what you promised and accepting the reality of you not being able to deliver. – R.H Sin
88. “You can’t fix yourself while holding on to the person who broke you.” —R.H Sin
89. “Three things cannot be long hidden; the sun, the moon, and the truth.” —Confucius
90. “Friends are supposed to be there for you when you cry, not the reason you cry.”
91. “Better to have an enemy who slaps you in the face than a friend who stabs you in the back.”
92. “It wasn’t your fault. It was mine, for believing every word you said.”
93. “Betrayal doesn’t only break your heart but also darkens your soul. You’ll never forget the pain like a fog that forever lingers in the depths of your mind.”
94. “The worst feeling in the world is knowing you’ve been used and lied to by someone you trusted.”
95. “Don’t waste words on people who deserve your silence. Sometimes the most powerful thing you can say is nothing at all.”
96. “They can betray me, but I choose not to betray my peace of mind.” —Dodinsky
97. “Betrayal answers betrayal, the mask of love is answered by the disappearance of love.” —Albert Camus
98. “Cheating is directly linked to lack of intelligence, insecurity, low self-esteem, and an overall sense of unhappiness with one’s own life.”
99. “Betrayal can be extremely painful, but it’s up to you how much that pain damages you permanently.” —Emily V. Gordon
100. “Don’t depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness.” —Ibn Taymiyyah
101. “I didn’t fall in love with you, I fell in love with the person you pretended to be.”
102. “You knew exactly what you were doing. That’s what hurts the most.”
103. “I loved you at your darkest though you crucified me at mine.” —Lennon Hodson
104. “It’s like one day you flipped a switch and became someone i never knew.”
105. “If a girl ever steals your man, there’s no better revenge than letting her keep him. Real men can’t be stolen.”
106. “All wounds have the ability to heal. The only exception is the wound created by the betrayal of a loved one.”
107. “The lesser the friends, the lesser the chances of betrayal.” —Tupac Shakur
108. “There is a big difference between being betrayed by an enemy and being betrayed by a friend. The latter hurts more.”
109. “Hell is being betrayed by a trusted friend.”
110. “We’re not friends, we’re strangers with memories.”
111. “Dear two-faced friend, I can’t seem to decide which face of yours to slap first.”
112. “When your so-called friends say they have your back, make sure they’re not holding a knife.”
113. “I’m the kind of friend who will help you hide a dead body, but if you betray me, just remember, I know how to hide a body.”
114. “When someone betrays me or lies to me, I never try to get even. I just change their role in my life.”
115. “Loyalty is from above, betrayal is from below.”
116. “Even loss and betrayal can bring us awakening.” —Buddha
117. “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” —William Shakespeare
118. “The worst kind of hurt is betrayal, because it means that someone is willing to hurt you just to make themselves feel better.”
119. “The real betrayal is forgetting yourself.”
120. “To me, the thing that is worse than death is betrayal. You see, I could conceive death, but I could not conceive betrayal.” —Malcolm X
Other Betrayal Quotes
121. Sometimes you put walls up not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down.
A true friend is the one who really cares.
122. I’m not crying because of you; you’re not worth it.
Betrayal is hard especially if you really trust him/her.
123. It’s funny how sometimes the people you’d take a bullet for are the ones behind the trigger.
Betrayal sometimes comes in the most unexpected time from the most unexpected person.
124. We’re not friends, we’re not enemies, we’re just strangers with some memories.
This is what you’ll probably feel when a friend has just betrayed you.
125. It is better to have an enemy who honestly says they hate you.
Betrayal quotes can help us realize who our true friends are.
126. I’ve been stabbed in the back by those I needed most.
Some people lied to us and there’s nothing we can do but to accept it.
127. Faithful are the wounds of a friend, but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.
Have you ever felt this way?
128. It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.
This is because the person whom you trusted the most is the one who betrayed you.
129. Forgiveness doesn’t always lead to healed relationships.
Learn to forgive so that you can move forward.
130. It takes years to build up trust, and only seconds to destroy it.
Betrayal quotes will help us think twice before trusting again.
131. Everyone suffers at least one bad betrayal in their lifetime.
Don’t feel sad when someone betrayed you because it also happened to other people.
132. The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies.
There are some things that cannot be undone.
133. It’s hard to trust someone, especially when the ones you trusted the most were the ones that betrayed you.
Sometimes it’s very hard to accept when someone close to you betrayed you.
134. Don’t fear the enemy that attacks you, fear the fake friend that hugs you.
This is a strong statement that you can ponder upon.
135. Betrayal is universal for people with no principle.
Betrayal quotes reflect the reality of life.
136. It’s not about who is real to your face.
Know the person who is stabbing you in the back.
137. One of the hardest lessons in life is letting go.
Letting go is something that we have to do.
138. Fools take a knife and stab people in the back…
Free yourself from the people who really don’t care about you.
139. Nothing hurts more than being disappointed by the person you thought would never hurt you.
It is painful when you are being betrayed but somehow you must learn to accept it.
140. Sometimes it’s not the people who change, it’s the mask that falls off.
Betrayal quotes can make us see who truly loves us.
141. Be careful who you trust… the devil was once an angel.
Some people are not what you think they are.
142. The worst thing about being lied to is knowing you weren’t worth the truth.
Deception is something that can hurt you the most.
143. Life is not about who’s real to your face, it’s about who’s real behind your back.
Be careful in choosing your friends.
144. No matter how badly people treat you, never drop down to their level…
Always remember that you are much better than the people who hurt you.
145. Sometimes the strongest among us are the ones who smile through silent pain…
Be strong, especially when you are in your darkest days.
146. Forgive yourself for the blindness that put you in the path of those who betrayed you.
Sometimes it is easy to forgive somebody when you have a kind heart.
147. Breaking someone’s trust is like crumpling up a perfect piece of paper.
Betrayal quotes help us realize that trust is very important.
148. Years of love have been forgotten in the hatred of a minute.
Love can quickly disappear once you have deceived a person.
149. A good man or woman will be honest no matter how painful the truth is.
Try to be honest in order to avoid hurting the other person.
How to Deal With Betrayal
Whenever you’re betrayed by someone you care about, you’ll likely end up with betrayal trauma, a lingering feeling that you can’t trust anyone you know. It’s important to understand that this is a natural response to such trauma but that you need to overcome it if you want to continue having healthy relationships with other people who have been good to you.
What matters most is that you realize that you’re dealing with trauma and start acting on it. You might find yourself dealing with ongoing trust issues and self-doubt. Even if you choose to give your partner another chance, it might take months, even years, to successfully rebuild trust. However, it’s doable, so don’t get discouraged. The route to recovery might not be the exact same for everyone, but you can try a few strategies to help you get back on track.
Start accepting your trauma and difficult emotions
After a betrayal, you might start going through plenty of difficult emotions ranging from depression, anxiety, apathy, and everything in between. Anger, sickness, and other emotions might also put their mark on you and turn you into walking fire. Instead of hiding these feelings, try to let them out. Go to therapy or speak to a friend that you know you can trust on such matters.
Focus on what you need
Try to think of things that you might need to get past this period more easily. Perhaps a trip might make you feel better, or a gathering with some of your long-time friends, or maybe you might just need some time alone to walk through a park with your headphones blasting happy beats. Whatever it is you might need, do it and try to embrace your feelings instead of suppressing them.
What is a quote about betrayal?
“Trust is earned, respect is given, and loyalty is demonstrated. Betrayal of any one of those is to lose all three.” ―Ziad Abdelnour
This is one of the most powerful quotes that talk about betrayal. It speaks to the powerful feeling of hurt that we gro to have after somebody betrays us. Check out our page for many such inspiring quotes about betrayal.
What to say to someone who has betrayed you?
“You are going to break your promise. I understand. And I hold my hands over the ears of my heart so that I will not hate you.” ―Catherynne Valente
“How shameful it is to hurt those who love us.” ―Wayne Gerard Trotman
“It was a mistake,” you said. But the cruel thing was, it felt like the mistake was mine, for trusting you.” ―David Levithan
These three quotes are some of the best openers for when you want to communicate to someone that betrayed you how painful it is. With these betrayal quotes, you will give the impression of a posed and detached person. Someone who knows how to reign their emotions in.
How do you get over a betrayal quote?
Getting over one`s betrayal can be difficult, but not impossible. Show someone that you went beyond that with some of these thoughtful get-over betrayal quotes:
“Every broken heart has screamed at one time or another, “I want to know why!” ―Shannon Alder
“Love never betrays. People do.” ―Rohit Sharma
“Betrayal isn’t ridiculous. It’s the reason empires fall.” ―Marisha Pessl
These are just some of the betrayal quotes that show how sad it is when somebody betrayed you. If somebody betrayed you, then you must be ready for it. The most important thing is to learn from your mistake and move forward.
There are a lot of couples who broke up due to betrayal. Sometimes life can be full of confusion and depression. Hopefully, these quotes can help. If not, we also recommend the quotes about the confusion in life that we selected and the depression quotes.
Martha lives in the Bay Area and is a dedicated reader of romance novels. She runs a yoga studio and taught yoga for many years. She always says that yoga fuels her writing. She’s also a vegetarian and advocate for living a healthy life. Martha has been writing for us for a while now, giving readers a glimpse into her lifestyle and work.
Leave a Reply