Betrayal quotes can help us remember our friend who betrayed us. Do you have a friend who recently betrayed you? You trusted your friend so much and it hurts when you know that you have been betrayed by him/her.
It is very sad when the friend you love the most is the one who breaks your heart. You had beautiful memories together, sharing the laughter as well as the sadness. But suddenly the friendship has gone after the betrayal. You cannot trust him/her anymore because you are afraid that he/she will hurt you again. It’s really a miracle when strangers can turn into best friends but it’s also sad when best friends can turn into strangers.
Betrayal Quotes About Life And Friendship
Trust Betrayal Quotes
1. “Trust, once lost, could not be easily found. Not in a year, perhaps not even in a lifetime.” ―J.E.B. Spredemann
2. “Only those you trust can betray you.” ―Terry Goodkind
3. “Trust is earned, respect is given, and loyalty is demonstrated. Betrayal of any one of those is to lose all three.” ―Ziad Abdelnour
4. “First, there was trust. Then, there was betrayal. You cannot have one without the other. You cannot be betrayed by someone you do not trust.” ―Sarah Penner
5. “For there to be betrayal, there would have to have been trust first.” ―Suzanne Collins
Friend Betrayal Quotes
6. “Sometimes your dearest friend whom you reveal most of your secrets to becomes so deadly and unfriendly without knowing that they were not really your friend.” ―Michael Bassey Johnson
7. “I would rather my enemy’s sword pierce my heart then my friend’s dagger stab me in the back.” ―Michele Bardsley
8. “The worst pain in the world goes beyond the physical. Even further beyond any other emotional pain one can feel. It is the betrayal of a friend.” ―Heather Brewer
9. “Woe to who sells his companion for own personal benefit or tramples on him.” ―Kamaran Ihsan Salih
10. “It’s hard to tell who has your back, from who has it long enough just to stab you in it…” ―Nicole Richie
Broken Promise Betrayal Quotes
11. “You are going to break your promise. I understand. And I hold my hands over the ears of my heart so that I will not hate you.” ―Catherynne Valente
12. “Bittersweet? No, just bitter, the taste of your tongue. Words you can’t have back, so they linger.” ―Coco Ginger
13. “Words don’t have the power to hurt you, unless that person meant more to you than you are willing to confess.” ―Shannon Alder
Hurting Betrayal Quotes
14. “How shameful it is to hurt those who love us.” ―Wayne Gerard Trotman
15. “Some people are in such utter darkness that they will burn you just to see a light. Try not to take it personally.” ―Kamand Kojouric
16. “You can’t keep snakes in your backyard and expect them only to bite your neighbors. You know, eventually those snakes are going to turn on whoever has them in the backyard.” ―Hillary Rodham Clinton
17. “If you spend your time hoping someone will suffer the consequences for what they did to your heart, then you’re allowing them to hurt you a second time in your mind.” ―Shannon Alder
Mistake Betrayal Quotes
18. “It was a mistake,” you said. But the cruel thing was, it felt like the mistake was mine, for trusting you.” ―David Levithan
Wounded Heart Betrayal Quotes
19. “Some people will rip out your heart with a steak knife then say, “Oops, sorry, do you need a plaster?” ―Wayne Gerard Trotman
20. “Stab the body and it heals, but injure the heart and the wound lasts a lifetime.” ―Mineko Iwasaki
21. “Every broken heart has screamed at one time or another, “I want to know why!” ―Shannon Alder
Love Never Betray Betrayal Quotes
22. “One day you will learn that love does not always betray you.” ―Mary Balogh
23. “Love never betrays. People do.” ―Rohit Sharma
24. “I’m not really sure why. But… do you stop loving someone just because they betray you? I don’t think so.” ―Brandon Sanderson
25. “Betrayal isn’t ridiculous. It’s the reason empires fall.” ―Marisha Pessl
26. “Shattered legs may heal in time, but some betrayals fester and poison the soul.” ―George R.R. Martin
27. “By betraying yourself, you approve for others to betray you.” ―Meir Ezra
28. “When we fail, our pride supports us, and when we succeed it betrays us.” ―Charles Colton
29. “Betrayal is common for men with no conscience.” ―Toba Beta
30. “Betrayal is the only truth that sticks.” ―Arthur Miller
Other Betrayal Quotes
31. Sometimes you put walls up not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down.
A true friend is the one who really cares.
32. I’m not crying because of you; you’re not worth it.
Betrayal is hard especially if you really trust him/her.
33. It’s funny how sometimes the people you’d take a bullet for are the ones behind the trigger.
Betrayal sometimes comes in the most unexpected time from the most unexpected person.
34. We’re not friends, we’re not enemies, we’re just strangers with some memories.
This is what you’ll probably feel when a friend has just betrayed you.
35. It is better to have an enemy who honestly says they hate you.
Betrayal quotes can help us realize who our true friends are.
36. I’ve been stabbed in the back by those I needed most.
Some people lied to us and there’s nothing we can do but to accept it.
37. Faithful are the wounds of a friend, but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.
Have you ever felt this way?
38. It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.
This is because the person whom you trusted the most is the one who betrayed you.
39. Forgiveness doesn’t always lead to healed relationships.
Learn to forgive so that you can move forward.
40. It takes years to build up trust, and only seconds to destroy it.
Betrayal quotes will help us think twice before trusting again.
41. Everyone suffers at least one bad betrayal in their lifetime.
Don’t feel sad when someone betrayed you because it also happened to other people.
42. The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies.
There are some things that cannot be undone.
43. It’s hard to trust someone, especially when the ones you trusted the most were the ones that betrayed you.
Sometimes it’s very hard to accept when someone close to you betrayed you.
44. Don’t fear the enemy that attacks you, fear the fake friend that hugs you.
This is a strong statement that you can ponder upon.
45. Betrayal is universal for people with no principle.
Betrayal quotes reflect the reality of life.
46. It’s not about who is real to your face.
Know the person who is stabbing you in the back.
47. One of the hardest lessons in life is letting go.
Letting go is something that we have to do.
48. Fools take a knife and stab people in the back…
Free yourself from the people who really don’t care about you.
49. Nothing hurts more than being disappointed by the person you thought would never hurt you.
It is painful when you are being betrayed but somehow you must learn to accept it.
50. Sometimes it’s not the people who change,it’s the mask that falls off.
Betrayal quotes can make us see who truly loves us.
51. Be careful who you trust… the devil was once an angel.
Some people are not what you think they are.
52. The worst thing about being lied to is knowing you weren’t worth the truth.
Deception is something that can hurt you the most.
53. Life is not about who’s real to your face, it’s about who’s real behind your back.
Be careful in choosing your friends.
54. No matter how badly people treat you, never drop down to their level…
Always remember that you are much better than the people who hurt you.
55. Sometimes the strongest among us are the ones who smile through silent pain…
Be strong, especially when you are in your darkest days.
56. Forgive yourself for the blindness that put you in the path of those who betrayed you.
Sometimes it is easy to forgive somebody when you have a kind heart.
57. Breaking someone’s trust is like crumpling up a perfect piece of paper.
Betrayal quotes help us realize that trust is very important.
58. Years of love have been forgot in the hatred of a minute.
Love can quickly disappear once you have deceived a person.
59. A good man or woman will be honest no matter how painful the truth is.
Try to be honest in order to avoid hurting the other person.
How to Deal With Betrayal
Whenever you’re betrayed by someone you care about, you’ll likely end up with betrayal trauma, a lingering feeling that you can’t trust anyone you know. It’s important to understand that this is a natural response to such trauma but that you need to overcome it if you want to continue having healthy relationships with other people who have been good to you.
What matters most is that you realize that you’re dealing with trauma and start acting on it. You might find yourself dealing with ongoing trust issues and self-doubt. Even if you choose to give your partner another chance, it might take months, even years, to successfully rebuild trust. However, it’s doable, so don’t get discouraged. The route to recovery might not be the exact same for everyone, but you can try a few strategies to help you get back on track.
Start accepting your trauma and difficult emotions
After a betrayal, you might start going through plenty of difficult emotions ranging from depression, anxiety, apathy, and everything in between. Anger, sickness, and other emotions might also put their mark on you and turn you into walking fire. Instead of hiding these feelings, try to let them out. Go to therapy or speak to a friend that you know you can trust on such matters.
Focus on what you need
Try to think of things that you might need to get past this period more easily. Perhaps a trip might make you feel better, or a gathering with some of your long-time friends, or maybe you might just need some time alone to walk through a park with your headphones blasting happy beats. Whatever it is you might need, do it and try to embrace your feelings instead of suppressing them.
What is a quote about betrayal?
“Trust is earned, respect is given, and loyalty is demonstrated. Betrayal of any one of those is to lose all three.” ―Ziad Abdelnour
This is one of the most powerful quotes that talk about betrayal. It speaks to the powerful feeling of hurt that we gro to have after somebody betrays us. Check out our page for many such inspiring quotes about betrayal.
What to say to someone who has betrayed you?
“You are going to break your promise. I understand. And I hold my hands over the ears of my heart so that I will not hate you.” ―Catherynne Valente
“How shameful it is to hurt those who love us.” ―Wayne Gerard Trotman
“It was a mistake,” you said. But the cruel thing was, it felt like the mistake was mine, for trusting you.” ―David Levithan
These three quotes are some of the best openers for when you want to communicate to someone that betrayed you how painful it is. With these betrayal quotes, you will give the impression of a posed and detached person. Someone who knows how to reign their emotions in.
How do you get over a betrayal quote?
Getting over one`s betrayal can be difficult, but not impossible. Show someone that you went beyond that with some of these thoughtful get over betrayal quotes:
“Every broken heart has screamed at one time or another, “I want to know why!” ―Shannon Alder
“Love never betrays. People do.” ―Rohit Sharma
“Betrayal isn’t ridiculous. It’s the reason empires fall.” ―Marisha Pessl
These are just some of the betrayal quotes that show how sad it is when somebody betrayed you. If somebody betrayed you, then you must be ready for it. The most important thing is to learn from your mistake and move forward.
There are a lot of couples who broke up due to betrayal. Sometimes life can be full of confusion and depression. Hopefully, these quotes can help. If not, we also recommend the quotes about the confusion in life that we selected and the depression quotes.