Saying goodbye is very hard. Whether you are saying farewell to a friend, relative, co-worker, boss or special someone, they deserve to have extraordinary farewell quotes which can be funny or perhaps inspirational. Make sure that the person who is saying goodbye to you realized that he/she is a big loss to your life whether on the personal level or professional level. Celebrate the event by having the grandest farewell party with funny quotes. In this way, the memories can last for a long time.
Some goodbyes can be harder compared to others. It is hard saying goodbye before you immediately start missing someone and you go on searching for I miss you quotes.
In the event that you will be parting with your friends, you still believe that in the near future your paths will cross again. And because of this belief, we can say that saying goodbye can also be bittersweet. However, if your parting will last to an indefinite period of time then this kind of goodbye can be taken into a different kind of dimension.
Here are a few inspiring and funny farewell quotes that can help you ease the pain of saying goodbye to someone special:
Inspirational Farewell Quotes
1. “Goodbyes are not forever, are not the end; it simply means I’ll miss you until we meet again.”
2. ““Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” —Dr. Seuss
3. “Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes. Because for those who love with heart and soul there is no such thing as separation.” —Rumi
4. “So long as the memory of certain beloved friends lives in my heart, I shall say that life is good.” —Helen Keller
5. “Take what you’ve learned and be a better person.”
6. “Even if we can’t be together in the end, I’m glad that you were a part of my life.”
7. “Great is the art of beginning, but greater is the art of ending.” —Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
8. “Goodbye may seem forever. Farewell is like the end, but in my heart is the memory and there you will always be.”
9. “Never say goodbye because goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting.” —J.M. Barrie
10. “The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again.” –Charles Dickens
11. “The two hardest things to say in life are hello for the first time and goodbye for the last.” —Moira Rogers
12. “True friends don’t say goodbye, they just take extended leaves of absences from each other.”
13. “This is not a goodbye, my darling, this is a thank you.” —Nicholas Sparks
14. “There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.” —Mahatma Gandhi
15. “The return makes one love the farewell.” –Alfred de Musset
16. “It’s time to say goodbye, but I think goodbyes are sad and I’d much rather say hello. Hello to a new adventure.” —Ernie Harwell
Funny Farewell Quotes
17. “Good luck on finding better colleagues than me! Goodbye!”
18. “With your resignation, your employment in this office may finish, but the sweet memories of working with you will never diminish.”
19. “Wishing you much joy and happiness as you begin a new chapter in your life. Goodbye!”
20. “Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go”
21. “On the outside, know that we may be smiling and wish you farewell. But on the inside, we are desperately praying that you will quit your new job and come back to work with us again.”
22. “Didn’t know how to say farewell so I slapped him in the face and ran away.”
23. “I still see your face when I am dreaming. That’s why I always wake up screaming.”
24. “When you feel that nobody loves you, that nobody cares, when all you can do is cry and walk away because everyone is against you, then you are the weakest link. Goodbye!’
25. “When I die, I want to die like my grandmother who died peacefully in her sleep, not screaming like all the passengers in her car.”
26. “We are really going to miss trying to avoid you around here.”
27. “It will not be the same without you. It will actually be better!”
28. “Farewell. Someone is really going to miss you. But, it is not going to be me!”
29. “I’ll miss you until you come back but I hope you’ll make up for it by getting me awesome gifts. Bon voyage.”
30. “Not all goodbyes are sad, for example, ‘Goodbye Class!'”
Other Farewell Quotes
31. How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.
Think of the people who love you dearly and you will surely feel lucky. If you have a little child and you have never left him/her sometimes it’s hard to let go when he/she became an adult and eventually will marry and start his/her own life.
32. Friendship is not about whom you have known the longest or who cares the best it’s about who came & never left.
It’s one of the best farewell quotes that you can send to your best friend.
33. Farewell quotes for co-workers -You’ve been great at your work, I am sure that at your new job your performance will be sensational as well.
Congratulate your friend or colleague on his/her new job.
34. Farewell quotes for co-workers – With your resignation, your employment in this company may finish but the sweet memories will always remain.
This is a very special farewell message for your colleague at work.
35. Today, I close the door to my past… Open the door to the future, take a deep breath and step on through to start the next chapter in my life.
This is one of the best farewell quotes that you can give to someone who is about to retire.
36. Even if you know what’s coming, you’re never prepared for how it feels.
Sometimes when it’s finally happening, you are caught by surprise.
37. Inspirational farewell quotes – Enjoy the beauty of a sunset and enjoy nature’s farewell kiss for the night.
Enjoy the beauty of nature that God has provided to us.
38. Good friends never say goodbye, they simply say “see you soon”
Good friends are always here to stay and will never leave you completely.
39. Depressing farewell quotes – That awkward moment when you think you’re important to someone, and you’re not.
It is very disappointing when the person that is important to you does not feel the same way that you do.
40. Farewell Quotes For Saying Goodbye – My wish for you is that this life becomes all that you want it to.
There are a lot of farewell quotes out there but this is a beautiful one that you can send to someone who will be parting from you in order to make his/her dreams come true.
41. Retirement farewell quotes – Relax, enjoy yourself, try something new.
Retirement is the time that you can do a lot of things in your life.
42. Farewell quotes for letting go – Learning to let go should be learned before learning to get.
There are things that can happen in your life and there is nothing you can do to stop it.
43. Love your parents and treat them with loving care, for you will only know their value when you see their empty chairs.
It’s quite unfortunate that there are some sons and daughters out there who will only realize the value of their parents when they are gone.
44. Missing someone is not about how long it has been since you have seen them or the amount of time since you have talked…
Losing someone is very hard to forget even as time goes by.
45. Farewell quotes for letting go – Sometimes, you have to give up on people. Not because you don’t care but because they don’t.
If it doesn’t work then there’s no point in continuing your relationship.
46. Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back everything is different.
As time passes by, the pain will gradually heal. One of the best farewell quotes for moving on.
47. The most painful goodbyes are the ones that are never said and never explained.
It hurts so much when someone left you and you don’t even know why.
48. Sad farewell quotes – Someday you’ll see the reason why there’s good in goodbye.
There’s definitely good in goodbye but sometimes you can’t realize it right away.
49. Farewell quotes for someone special – You can love them, forgive them, want good things for them…but still move on without them.
Saying goodbye is hard, but if it is really meant to be then just accept it and go on with your life. This is just one of the greatest farewell quotes that can inspire you.
50. I want to be your favorite hello and your hardest goodbye.
Forgetting someone close to your heart can take more time.
51. Farewell quotes for saying goodbye – When I say goodbye, promise me you won’t cry, ’cause the day I’ll be saying that would be the day I die.
True love really lasts forever.
52. A memory last forever, never does it die, true friends stay together and never say goodbye.
Sometimes it’s truly hard to find a good friend that will stay with you forever.
53. It doesn’t always work out & that’s ok.
Some things are not meant to be and you should be willing to accept them. This is one of the greatest farewell quotes which implies that it’s alright to get hurt sometimes.
54. Farewell quotes for someone you love – When there are no words, simply love them & hold their hand.
Some words are hard to express and the best way to show them is through actions.
55. And as you move on, remember me, remember us and all we used to be.
The sweetest memories are the hardest to forget.
56. I started missing you as soon as we said goodbye.
The earliest part of parting ways is sometimes the most difficult one.
57. Never make the same mistake.
There are some people who are still willing to give it another try.
58. Farewell quotes for friends who will resign – You’re dead to us now.
This is a fun cake that you can give to your departing colleague. Will she/he eat this?
59. Christmas in Heaven, what do they do?
Believing the impossible is not bad at all.
60. Farewell quotes for losing weight – Don’t listen to your inner fatty, she’s an evil bitch.
Sometimes you will be craving to eat the foods which you have already abandoned. This is just one of the inspiring farewell quotes for obtaining a physically fit body.
61. I wear black when I work out. It’s like a funeral for my fat.
Workout is the best thing that you can do in order to eliminate those fats.
62. Farewell, shitty day, don’t forget to fuck thyself on the way out.
Sometimes there are good days but sometimes there are also bad days.
63. Retirement: Twice as much husband for half as much money.
Do you agree? When your husband retires, he can spend more time with you but since he does not have work anymore then you should start spending less.
What Does “Farewell” Even Mean?
Before any pragmatic people come into play, “farewell” means “goodbye.” Now let’s leave realism aside for a bit and talk about emotions. More often than not, a farewell might be hurtful. It can mean the loss of a loved one, the loss of a spectacular friendship, or even the end of an entire generation.
But farewell doesn’t always need to hurt. Sometimes letting go of a relationship is actually beneficial. There are many toxic relationships out there, and the people involved don’t always see the bigger picture. The end can be a new beginning. Just like the extinction of the dinosaurs meant that new life could start growing, so does a farewell mean for your physical and mental wellbeing.
Other times, a simple farewell doesn’t have to be forever. Just because friends go their separate ways in life doesn’t mean they can’t reconnect in the future. In fact, many friendships often reignite after numerous years of growing apart simply because the two people are now more mature and can better connect with each other’s experiences. We can learn from one another in more ways than one, and that’s what makes friendship so special.
To put it as simple as one can, a farewell doesn’t have to be the end. It can be a new beginning, or it can even ignite the next step in your friendship.
What are some good farewell sayings?
“True friends don’t say goodbye, they just take extended leaves of absence from each other.”
This is one tongue-in-cheek way of saying goodbye for sure will make a lasting impression. This is one of the best ways of saying farewell to someone.
For more funny ways browse our page.
How do you say farewell words?
First of all, you have to believe in your words. You have to imbue those words with all the emotions you are capable to muster. We, as humans, are very sensitive to emotions and words. Combing these two factors? It can have an impactful result.
With that being said, look for some of our quotes on the page to get inspired. We will show you some of our favorites for saying goodbye to someone:
“Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes. Because for those who love with heart and soul there is no such thing as separation.” —Rumi
“Goodbye may seem forever. Farewell is like the end, but in my heart is the memory and there you will always be.”
How do you say goodbye forever quotes?
Saying goodbye is hard. Saying goodbye forever is painful.
Here are some quotes to help in your hardship. You may take inspiration out of them, so as to cling to a touching example of how to say goodbye forever quote.
“The two hardest things to say in life are hello for the first time and goodbye for the last.” —Moira Rogers
Final Thoughts on Farewell Quotes
These are just some of the most inspirational and funny farewell quotes that can help you in moving on, especially if a person close to your heart has left you. Always remember that life has to go on and you must be strong in accepting the realities.
And if you have other ideas, we would appreciate it if you could leave them in the comment section below. We value our readers’ opinions and ideas just as much as we value friendship, family, and all of the other beautiful things that life has to offer. So feel free to let your imagination flourish and show us all of your best creative ideas that we and our community can cherish together.