Depression could in fact be tremendously isolating. Depressing quotes and sayings provide understanding of precisely what it’s actually like coping with depression, and also inspiration, as well as a sense of “somebody gets it.” Each of these help with several elements of one’s illness which can include sadness, grief, loneliness as well as other related issues. It could be just because your are broken hearted.
Depression is a state of a down mood and aversion to activity that can increase a person’s feelings of guilt, worthlessness, helplessness, or hopelessness. It influences a person’s thoughts, behavior, feelings and state of well-being. Many depressed people lose interest in day to day activities and may experience various uncomfortable symptoms like insomnia, fatigue, aches, pains, digestive problems, loss of appetite or overeating, problems concentrating or reduced energy.
Below is a great collection of depressing sad quotes that would made you realize that it is not only you who feel the same way, everybody does. That is why it is important to have close best friends around you. This is not intended for you to feel a lot more depressed and down but for you to realize that pain is life’s reality and everyone encounters it. Hopefully these Depressing Quotes about Love and Life will help you reflect and cheer you up for when you need it. Make sure to look at this ultimate list of funny quotes to get a little laugh on. Don’t forget that after rain comes sunshine! Read our Good Morning Quotes to wake up with a big smile every morning and help you through tough times. Send a romantic love quote from the heart to him, and maybe he can help you cheer up. Or a sweet mother daughter quote to your mother. There are always people in your life that will be there for you, sometimes all you have to do is communicate!
42 Depressing Quotes and Sayings about Life and Love
1. “Sometimes, you gotta pretend everything is okay”
Pretending you are okay is one way of showing people that you are strong eventhough everything just tears you apart.
What you see is not always what it is, just like pain it may not seem visible but deep within it’s so much to take.
3. “I get lost inside my mind”
This just means you just don’t know what to do and don’t know what is the right thing to do.
4. “At some point, you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart but not in your life”
Some people were just meant to give you a lesson, in they will just past into your life sometimes the memories will always be in your heart.
5. “People cry, not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for too long “
Tears is a sign of strength, that no matter how difficult and how painful everything is, after crying you still manage to stand up and hold on.
6. “No amount of sleep in the world could cure the tiredness I feel”
Emotional tiredness is just so hard to handle that a physical sleep cannot take away.Resting your heart is the only way to get through this tiredness.
Sometimes, eventhough you tried your best to forget our past, there are instances that the past just keeps on coming back and would always give you something that would remind you about it.
8. “You’re scared to tell people how much it hurts, so you keep it all to yourself”
Sometimes, you keep all the pain in yourself because you don’t want people to laugh at you or to judge you because of what you feel.
9. “The only thing standing between me and total happiness is reality”
There are times that the only thing that can make you happy only happens in your dreams but can’t be done in reality.
10. “Some of the most painful scars: the ones that hurt the most are the scars that can’t be seen”
Scars that can’t be seen are the scars that wounded our hearts. It may be healed but the mark of the pain will always stay.
11. “It’s getting harder to hide pain”
Hiding the pain is like pretending and pretending is one of the hardest thing to do.
12. “Instead of wiping your tears, wipe away the people who create them”
The best way to stop the pain from the people who hurt you is to get rid of these people.
13. “Everytime people ask me if I’m okay, it’s just a reminder that I’m not”
Sometimes, we keep on telling ourselves that we’re okay and we live on it, however if someone would ask you this question it would make you think and realize that you’re not okay.
14. “I need a break from the loneliness that is totally consuming me”
We all need a break from everything, especially from pain.
15. “I hate getting flashbacks from things that I don’t want to remember”
Flashbacks brings back all the pain, eventhough it happens a long time ago.
16. “Why does it always rain on me?”
We consider the rain as problems in our life, sometimes problems just keep on coming to us.
17. ” Monsters don’t sleep under your bed, they scream inside of your head”
There are things that happened in your life that always haunt you.
18. “I think I’m afraid to be happy because whenever I get too happy, something bad always happens”
It’s an opposite of “there’s a sunshine after that rain”. Life turns around, there would always be good times as well as bad times.
19. “I’m busy saving everybody else when I can’t even save myself”
Sometimes, we always think of the feelings of other people and what will be good for them without thinking of our selves.
20. “I just wanna feel okay again”
When feeling down, that’s what everybody wants to feel, to be okay again.
21. “Deep inside where nothing’s fine, I’ve lost my mind”
If we are feeling down, we tend to lost our minds not knowing what to do. Hopefully these depressing saying and quotes will help you in your journey.
22. “There is no greater sorrow than to recall the misery in time we were happy”
Remembering that once in your life, you’re happy together with your loved one will make you think why does the bad things happened to both of you is really heartbreaking.
23. “The only thing worse then being hated is being ignored…”
The feeling of you didn’t exist is the worst feeling ever.
24. “No really I’m fine”
If you’re not okay and you are being asked, sometimes you answered with a depressing quote “NO REALLY, I’m fine”. A confusing answer to a confused feeling.
25. “No one cares. They’re just pretending”
We can’t easily trust and it’s hard to know who are the people that truly cares for us.
26. “I smile all the time so that nobody knows”
Because smiling is a mask that can hide what you truly feel inside.
27. “I sleep to escape from reality”
Sleeping is the only thing that can make you forgot the pain that you are feeling.
28. “I’m broken”
Too much pain will break you.
29. “I’ll be alright. One day. Someday. Just not today”
Moving on and the healing process of emotional pain would really take time.
30. “I forgive a lot, but I never forget what’s said and done”
Because the pain that was created will leave a scar.
31. “Everything is a battle, every breath is a war, and I don’t think i’m winning anymore”
Going through so much pain is like fighting in a losing battle.
32. “Death seems more inviting than life”
When we’re down and troubled and wanted to take away all the pain we feel inside, death would seem the choice that we want to be.
33. “You can see many smiles everyday, but you can never know whose world is actually upside down”
Because smile is the greatest pretention and mask that is easy to convey.
34. “You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have”
We can measure our strength if we are facing the biggest challenge that will come into our lives.
35. “I draw with silver and it turns red”
In other words, it just mean slashing your skin when you are just feeling so bad.
36. “Depression is a prison where you are both the suffering prisoner and the cruel jailer”
Depression is something that only yourself gave the opportunity to be prisoned on it. Use these depressing quotes to give you another perspective on a depression.
37. “You knew exactly what you were doing, that’s what hurts the most”
It’s so hard to understand why a person still do things that you know would hurt you and yet still do it.
38. “Smiling has always been easier than explaining why you’re sad”
You don’t owe any other people any explanation and smiling is the easiest way to get out of it.
39. “Life sucks, and then you die”
When life seems not to go the way we want, it sucks and all we want is to die.
40. “I am not me anymore”
Too much love can change you according to this depressing quote.
41. “It sucks when you know that you need to let go but you can’t…”
No matter how painful it is, if we are in love, we always hope for better things to happen even though we just want to give up.
42. The Last of Depressing Quotes:“Depression is like drowning”
We can’t breath because of the pain that we feel inside, it feels like drowning.
If we are in pain, we all need to grief, feel each pain and one way to do that is to go through these depressing quotes that we collect just for all of you. Eventually time will come without even knowing, you’ll find out that you did it! You’ve get through the pain and it would be unbelievable how it makes you stronger, stronger that you could not imagine you would be.
Always remember, “Life goes on” and “There’s a rainbow after the rain”. Stay positive and don’t waste your life. There are much many more less depressing quotes on our website to make you happy and cheer you up. If you still feel down then wake up in the morning and look at one of our Good Morning Quotes to start your day inspired and with a smile. If your partner is in pain make sure to be there for him or her. Talk to them and cheer them up. Discuss their problems and concerns. Send them a romantic love quote for him from the heart. Inspire them with a life quotes. Inspire them with life!