If you’re an avid fan of Disney movies, then surely, several Beauty and the Beast quotes must have left lasting impressions on you. “Beauty and the Beast”, an animated adaptation of Jeanne-Marie Leprince de Beaumont’s fairy tale of the same title, is just one of those timeless classics that Disney made into an animated film in 1991.“Beauty and the Beast” focused on the story of Beast, a prince who was cursed and transformed into a despicable monster as punishment for his arrogance, and Belle, a beautiful young woman whom the Beast imprisons in his enchanted castle. The Beast has to earn Belle’s love before the last petal of an enchanted rose falls on his 21 birthday or he’s doomed to be a monster forever.
The animated film was so highly popular, with audiences giving it a rare A+ grade. It earned a world total of $424,967,620 at the box office and won the 1992 Golden Globe for Best Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy. Even its theme song of the same title, which was written by Howard Ashman and Alan Menken and sung by Celine Dion and Peabo Bryson, has garnered nominations and won awards for Best Original Score at the Golden Globe, the Grammy’s, and the Academy Awards. Beyond the accolades, though, “Beauty and the Beast” will forever linger in the hearts and minds of people because of the important life lessons it imparted to viewers. The most important lesson underscored in the movie was the superiority of inner beauty over outer beauty. One message was clear throughout the film: that true beauty comes from within.
The truth is a slew of love and life quotes people use these days to express themselves or uplift their spirits come from “Beauty and the Beast” (and other Disney movies, too). Here are a few of those:
17 Timeless Beauty and the Beast Quotes
1. “Were together now.”
2. “Although he had everything his heart desired…”
3. “I never felt this way about anyone…”
4. “You don’t lose hope, love…”
5. “Impress her with your rapier wit!” – Lumiere
6. “He fell into despair, and lost all hope…”
7. “When I felt lost and lonely, not a dream in my head…”
8. “Beast: I let her go…”
9. “Thank you for what you just did…”
10. “don’t I deserve the best?” – Gaston
11. “You should learn to control your temper…”
12. “When the moment is right, confess your love…”
13. “Cheer up, Child. It’ll turn out all right in the end. You’ll see…”
14. “If he could learn to love another and earn her love in return…”
15. “You don’t have time to be timid. You must be bold, daring…”
16. “True, that he’s no Prince Charming…”
17. “She warned him not to be deceived by appearances…”
Sometimes, people get entangled with the hustles and bustles of daily life to the point where they become overwhelmed and feel weighed down. More often than not, a simple feel-good quote is all it takes to turn things around, and that’s what these Beauty and the Beast quotes aim to accomplish.
Indeed, each one of us, regardless of age, has had the chance to watch and enjoy the magical movies that Disney has made in the past. From glass slippers to talking furniture and, walking oil amla bottles, magic carpets to book-loving lasses, there is no denying that Disney movies have shaped and is continuously shaping the lives of children and the young-at-hearts, giving each one more stories to share and life lessons to learn.